Sign in to follow this  
DHAggie10

L.Hankerson

What number do u think Hankerson can put up. I think I heard Garçon was out and going against bengals. Would he be worth a start over Torrey smith?

It is hard to tell with hankerson. I like him a lot but to me it doesnt look like he is very fluid or comfortable in that offense yet. He only caught 2 passes last week and a rookie is throwing to him. If he has a veteran solid qb throwing he could have se big dtat lines. With rg3 you just dont know if his passing numbers are going to continue to be good enough to support another relatively inexperienced player in hankerson. He is definitely worth a roster add though.

I think he is worth rostering also, big play ability and was a good choice last year except for injury.

Trying to decide if he is worth rostering over Avery though. If Collie comes back, Avery drops in my rankings and the Hank train may be a better choice. Any thoughts out there?

What number do u think Hankerson can put up. I think I heard Garçon was out and going against bengals. Would he be worth a start over Torrey smith?

I like Hank over Smith.

Hankerson was coming on last year; he just needs the snaps, but make sure you see confirmation he is getting the start tomorrow first.

I think he is worth rostering also, big play ability and was a good choice last year except for injury.

Trying to decide if he is worth rostering over Avery though. If Collie comes back, Avery drops in my rankings and the Hank train may be a better choice. Any thoughts out there?

I think Collie may never come back - see Jahvid Best - it's just too many recurring concussions. So Avery could be solid for the rest of the season.

But Hankerson could have even more upside and the guy above him (Garcon) could - like Collie - also have trouble coming back this year. It's tough to say b/c we don't really know what's going on with that foot but.....if it's lis franc - yikes! That could keep Garcon out all year and Hankerson could then be the default WR1 for the Skins.

So who's more valuable - the sure WR2 for the Colts (for probably the rest of the season) or the possible WR1 for the Skins (also for possibly the rest of the season).

Hankerson is the higher upside gamble. Avery more of a sure thing.

For week 3......I think I'm going to leave Hank on the wire (Avery is already taken) and I'm going to gamble on Stephen Hill against the Phins.

Tough call for me - I'd have to drop Hill to get Hankerson. I think the Jets will attack Miami through the air. Phins front 7 is going to be tough to run on. Their secondary is their weak spot so Hill could have a big game.

But that's just me......if you have the room to roster Hankerson, I'd do it......maybe even over Avery if you wanna swing for the fences.

I think Collie may never come back - see Jahvid Best - it's just too many recurring concussions. So Avery could be solid for the rest of the season.

But Hankerson could have even more upside and the guy above him (Garcon) could - like Collie - also have trouble coming back this year. It's tough to say b/c we don't really know what's going on with that foot but.....if it's lis franc - yikes! That could keep Garcon out all year and Hankerson could then be the default WR1 for the Skins.

So who's more valuable - the sure WR2 for the Colts (for probably the rest of the season) or the possible WR1 for the Skins (also for possibly the rest of the season).

For week 3......I think I'm going to leave Hank on the wire (Avery is already taken) and I'm going to gamble on Stephen Hill against the Phins.

Tough call for me - I'd have to drop Hill to get Hankerson. I think the Jets will attack Miami through the air. Phins front 7 is going to be tough to run on. Their secondary is their weak spot so Hill could have a big game.

But that's just me......if you have the room to roster Hankerson, I'd do it......maybe even over Avery if you wanna swing for the fences.

Great insight- would u grab him over hartline in a ppr?

I like Avery, I think he's more talented, and his QB is more of a passer that locks onto only a few targets. RG3 is more likely to run and spreads the ball out a lot. He did favor Garcon, but with Garcon out it might be hard to rely on any one WR on the Redskins. With the Colts, I think you are in a good spot with Wayne or Avery, and Fleener will be a bit inconsistent but will clean up whatever's left most of the time.

Great insight- would u grab him over hartline in a ppr?

Hmmm.....tough one.....Hartline's big game came against OAK's depleted CBs. Not sure where that Tannehill-Hartline connection really is at. This week will be the opposite extreme going against a healthy Revis.

But Hankerson is more of a big play gamble - maybe best for non-PPR leagues that reward long TDs. For PPR, I probably would take Hartline over Hankerson. Hartline is Tannehill's favorite/only target and other than this week, he'll probably be more consistent with receptions.

I like Avery, I think he's more talented, and his QB is more of a passer that locks onto only a few targets. RG3 is more likely to run and spreads the ball out a lot. He did favor Garcon, but with Garcon out it might be hard to rely on any one WR on the Redskins. With the Colts, I think you are in a good spot with Wayne or Avery, and Fleener will be a bit inconsistent but will clean up whatever's left most of the time.

You're right about RG3 spreading the ball around - and worse - just running in a lot of TDs himself - that hurts his WRs more than anything. It's interesting though b/c he did throw a lot in week 1 and this could be wide open here IF IF IF Garcon doesn't come back from this foot. But Garcon could still come back and make Hankerson worthless.

Where as Avery is starting now with the OC saying how much he loved him coming out of college and with Luck definitely throwing more to his WRs than RG3 and with the only competition being a guy who's unfortunate concussion problems could mean he sits out all of this year - if not career ending.

Avery > Hankerson

Unfortunately for me, Avery is gone in my big league. I'm looking at starting Stephen Hill over Hankerson. I think Hill could have a big game against the Phins.

Hankerson appeared to be poised for a breakout last year when he got hurt (8 for 106 in his final game of '11). A very intriguing play for this week definitely, and beyond if Garcon's injury situation drags on. Talent-wise, Hank is the next in line there.

I've got Hankerson stashed in my main league. Dude could bust out this year.

I'm not playing him this week (even though I'm in a bit of a bind at my flex spot), but he's not a bad choice. My concern is right now he's kind of hit or miss--if he gets a big play or two you're good, but if not you might end up with next to nothing. I want to see a little more consistency from him before I start him.

But, if you're willing to roll the dice he could end up being a great play this week with Garcon probably out.

I've got Hankerson stashed in my main league. Dude could bust out this year.

I'm not playing him this week (even though I'm in a bit of a bind at my flex spot), but he's not a bad choice. My concern is right now he's kind of hit or miss--if he gets a big play or two you're good, but if not you might end up with next to nothing. I want to see a little more consistency from him before I start him.

But, if you're willing to roll the dice he could end up being a great play this week with Garcon probably out.

I'm debating between him and Morris in the flex. I think Morris is more assured of decent points but Hank is the better bet to get the big play.

I'm debating between him and Morris in the flex. I think Morris is more assured of decent points but Hank is the better bet to get the big play.

Alfred Morris??!?! I'd have him as better than a flex play this week, and no question you'd start him over Hank. Skins lost week 2 b/c they didn't commit enough to the run. Shanny junior was quoted comparing Morris to TD just this week. It's a home game on the grass. WSH will look to keep their depleted defense off the field too. WSH will run, run, run with Morris.

I would start Torrey Smith this week with confidence over anyone else mentioned in this thread.

With Garcon out, I'd start Hankerson next.

Avery third.

Hartline 4th because of Revis.

...Stephen Hill last.

I would start Torrey Smith this week with confidence over anyone else mentioned in this thread.

Avery third.

...Stephen Hill last.

I don't know dude. Agree on Torrey Smith over this lot but......

>A lot of people are pretty high on Donnie Avery on the fast track with Luck going his way a lot. JAX secondary has been solid but he could be a good play, def safer than Hank.

>Hartline will be covered by Revis but I still think he's a safe bet for 60 - 70 yards on mostly comeback routes. He runs a nice comeback. Maybe I'd play Hank over him.

>Stephen Hill could be a better play than Hankerson though. Phins secondary is their weak link. I think that's what the Jets will attack. They won when Hill got it going in week 1 and lost when Hill was blanked in week 2. I see them trying to establish Hill from the onset and getting it done.

This week I'd rank them......

1. Torrey Smith

2. Stephen Hill (maybe more TD upside than Avery)

3. Donnie Avery (maybe he'd be ahead of Hill in PPR)

4. Leonard Hankerson

5. Brian Hartline

Interesting group

Not to turn this into a help thread.....but can we get a list going of who you're benching to start Hankerson?

I'm benching Hartline and Ogletree but not sure if I'll bench Stephen Hill for him.

FYI Torrey Smith's brother passed away early this morning in an accident.

I think he left the team and his status is up in the air as far as playing today.

Not to turn this into a help thread.....but can we get a list going of who you're benching to start Hankerson?

I'm benching Hartline and Ogletree but not sure if I'll bench Stephen Hill for him.

I'm thinking about benching Kevin Smith for him. Leshore is getting the start, but who knows the time with be split.

Avery third.

...Stephen Hill last.

PPR:

torrey - 30

hankerson - 9

avery - 4

hartline - 5 (so I was off by 1)

stephen hill - scrub

From Rotoworld:

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan stated Monday that Leonard Hankerson has played well enough to earn a full-time starting job going forward.

Hankerson will start at X receiver until Pierre Garcon (foot) returns, and then likely kick over to Z receiver, replacing Josh Morgan. Although Hankerson didn't light up the box score in Week 3 against the Bengals, he secured four of his seven targets for 56 yards and was an impact blocker in the run game. Through three games, Hankerson has six grabs for 124 yards and a touchdown. He should be owned in the heavy majority of 12-team fantasy leagues.