Sign in to follow this  
runpuddrun

J Charles

Wrong. Never said anything negative about his talent, though I did praise his talent. No point is trying to lie now....;)

I insisted that Jones was the better running back, and he was at that time. He could block in passing situations, Charles did not. Jones could properly read and execute holes his linemen were audibling for him, Charles did not. In fact it was that talent of Charles, that i demonstrably noted, which enable him to overcome his inability to execute within the offense. But it was these troubling conditions that allowed Jones to get more and more plays, just as I said he would.

Revising what transpired to make you feel better is a bit immature.

:banana: :banana:

dude in my league had charles on the block before this breakout game..,he's needing wr's ..,was thinking of offering hakeem knicks for charles ??? that Barden kid is 6'6'' and will see the field more. fair trade ???

dude in my league had charles on the block before this breakout game..,he's needing wr's ..,was thinking of offering hakeem knicks for charles ??? that Barden kid is 6'6'' and will see the field more. fair trade ???

Um . . .

Listen, I love Jamaal Charles. I think he's extremely talented, and have lauded him for several years now, touting him relentlessly as better than the overrated CJ2. If you want to trade to get him, by all means, trade to get him. Will Nicks be enough? Of course he will. Nicks is established and not coming back from major knee surgery. Likely you're overpaying, or the Charles' owner is optimistic.

If you like Charles that much, go for it. But if you're trying to sell Nicks because of Barden, :shocking: Nicks isn't going anywhere. He'll back in his role as soon as he's healthy, and playing virtually every down, and just as much of a stud as he has been.

For everyone that won today because of him, they likely lost last week because of him. And Week 1 he didn't do much either.

It's pretty up in the air right now, because everyone is going to arpe the Saints D this year. Cedric Benson next week will probably put up 100+ yards and 2 TDs. Clearly not Charles numbers, but Charles is more talented after all.

I won in spite of Charles week 2. He's not everyone's whole team. I led the league this week thanks to him.

Some lost with him this week. It happens.

Um . . .

Listen, I love Jamaal Charles. I think he's extremely talented, and have lauded him for several years now, touting him relentlessly as better than the overrated CJ2. If you want to trade to get him, by all means, trade to get him. Will Nicks be enough? Of course he will. Nicks is established and not coming back from major knee surgery. Likely you're overpaying, or the Charles' owner is optimistic.

If you like Charles that much, go for it. But if you're trying to sell Nicks because of Barden, :shocking: Nicks isn't going anywhere. He'll back in his role as soon as he's healthy, and playing virtually every down, and just as much of a stud as he has been.

You do realize that Hakeem Nicks is returning from a stress fracture in his foot, and just missed a game without any apparent "setbacks".

I have him and was looking at his next three games...Chargers, Ravens, Bucs. That doesn't look good. As exciting as he is to watch, I have to keep reminding myself that he plays for the Chiefs and Hillis will come back. I may try to trade him while his value is ridiculously high. I am going to shop Charles, Ridley and T. Smith before their values go down.

I have him and was looking at his next three games...Chargers, Ravens, Bucs. That doesn't look good. As exciting as he is to watch, I have to keep reminding myself that he plays for the Chiefs and Hillis will come back. I may try to trade him while his value is ridiculously high. I am going to shop Charles, Ridley and T. Smith before their values go down.

If you can get a lot in return then i say go for it. But imo a lot isnt nicks for charles straight up. Unless your deep as hell at rb you should be getting another stud in return. I would almost like to trade him back to his owner from last week for spiller straight up.

Um . . .

Hakeem Nicks isn't really a model of health though. In fact, I think I'd have more faith in Charles staying healthy than Nicks right now. I do agree that Ramses Barden is a nobody in relation to what Hakeem Nicks will do this year though. When Nicks is healthy, he's a stud. But I think it's a perfectly fair trade for someone in need of a RB that feels they are strong at WR.

Um . . .

Wow. Can't believe you led this post with "um...", like what you were about to say was completely obvious or something. If I had Nicks right now, and somebody offered me Charles for him, I would jump all over that. ALL OVER.

What are the best RBs you could get for Charles straight up right now? AP? McFadden? Lynch?

What are the best RBs you could get for Charles straight up right now? AP? McFadden? Lynch?

Peterson - yes

McFadden - no

Lynch - possibly

I think it would be a mistake to trade him right now. But if I were to consider it, McFadden would be a decent grab; but you are trading one injury risk for another in a zero-sum game. I believe in the end we will see their production to be rather similar for this season.

Um . . .

I can't imagine any Charles owner accepting Nicks straight up at this point. If you're selling after a big game for the same price that you could've got when you were selling low last week, then you're a damfool.