Sign in to follow this  
vegassandwich227

Ryan Williams

From KFFL.com

Arizona Cardinals RB Beanie Wells (toe) left the Week 3 game against the Philadelphia Eagles due to a toe injury, and he said after the game he thinks he might have turf toe. He'll be re-evaluated Monday, Sept. 24.

Fantasy Impact: Not good. He could miss some time with this one.

I was SOOO close to dumping Ryan Williams after a pathetic first two weeks, but decided to just hang on to him, since Wells is such a gimp. Williams had 13 for 83 yesterday, and the Cards have some pretty favorable matchups here and there. Check your wires...I'm sure he's available in a bunch of leagues.

I dumped him at 4 yesterday for Lamar miller after bush injury... Not sure if I made the right choice... He had just sucked up to that point after 2 1/2 games and then wells gets hurt and he has a great second half... Time will tell!!

I saw Williams get hurt at the end of the game. Not sure what the injury was, but he left the game and didn't run again

I saw Williams get hurt at the end of the game. Not sure what the injury was, but he left the game and didn't run again

:thumbsup: Buyer beware but to be fair it was garbage time.

They said on TV that they thought it was a cramp, but I haven't heard anything since.

Good news bit, thanks. I WAS considering dropping him this week, but now I'll hold . But was his performance yesterday legitimate or just garbage time points ?

All 4th quarter here.

Arizona Cardinals at 10:26

3rd and 17 at ARI 32 (Shotgun) R.Williams up the middle ran ob at PHI 43 for 25 yards (D.Ryans).

1st and 10 at PHI 43 R.Williams up the middle to PHI 44 for -1 yards (K.Coleman).

1st and 10 at PHI 29 (Shotgun) R.Williams up the middle to PHI 22 for 7 yards (D.Ryans).

2nd and 3 at PHI 22 (Shotgun) R.Williams left end to PHI 22 for no gain (P.Hunt).

3rd and 3 at PHI 22 R.Williams up the middle to PHI 11 for 11 yards (K.Coleman).

Arizona Cardinals at 3:05

1st and 10 at PHI 36 R.Williams up the middle to PHI 16 for 20 yards (B.Rolle). ARZ-R.Williams was injured during the play. His return is Questionable.

He had a 25 yard draw on a 3rd and 17 and then 38 more yards in garbage time, that is 63 of his 83 yards.

Slow down a little on this one boys.

Good news bit, thanks. I WAS considering dropping him this week, but now I'll hold . But was his performance yesterday legitimate or just garbage time points ?

He was pretty ineffective until the last two drives. This pick up would depend on who you are dropping.

I almost picked him up when he was dropped last week. I'd say he's still worth cutting Dwyer for.

Amen brother. I already have Williams and am cutting Dwyer just for fun.

Amen brother. I already have Williams and am cutting Dwyer just for fun.

:thumbsup: can we just cut the steelers in total? shocking, our best 2 players aren't even playing, oh wait....maybe that's what happens when they're all old

:thumbsup: can we just cut the steelers in total? shocking, our best 2 players aren't even playing, oh wait....maybe that's what happens when they're all old

:nono: Roethlisberger was scorching it this weekend. Sitting on my bench in dynasty league with 47 pts! His WR's and TE are tearing it up too.

:nono: Roethlisberger was scorching it this weekend. Sitting on my bench in dynasty league with 47 pts! His WR's and TE are tearing it up too.

just trying to make light of our plight as a team. yeah there are some offensive weapons

Have to choose between him and Powell on waivers. Williams defintely has more upside talent-wise but Powell could be the Jets carries leader this year. Thoughts?

I drafted Ryan as a back up... he may save my season replacing CJ as a starter on my keeper league.... matching him up with Rice. I hope so, Rice is such a stud I just need a #2 that can get me 10 points or so.

Some hope (from Rotoworld) :

The Cardinals declined to update the status of Beanie Wells (toe) Monday.

Wells was unable to play through the injury Sunday and admitted afterward that he might be dealing with turf toe. Coach Ken Whisenhunt offered a stock answer when asked about all his injured players Monday. "I know we've got some guys banged up," he said, "but they're seeing doctors, and whatever tests we've got to get done like MRIs or X-rays will get done and we'll know more as we get into the practice week." If Wells is out against the Dolphins this week, Ryan Williams would see a full workload.

i have williams, and trying to trade him (he's my rb5). he's got some trade value to a team with RB needs...with that o-line, i don't think it's a mistake trading him away (meaning, i don't expect he'll turn into a super-stud if he becomes the full time starter).

i have williams, and trying to trade him (he's my rb5). he's got some trade value to a team with RB needs...with that o-line, i don't think it's a mistake trading him away (meaning, i don't expect he'll turn into a super-stud if he becomes the full time starter).

One thing to note about R. Williams is his upcoming schedule:

Mia (#3 run D), @StL (21), Buf (14), @Min (12), SF (8), @GB (26), bye, @Atl (24), StL (21), @NYJ (28), @Sea (2), Det (11), Chi (6), SF (8)

So I count 5 games vs. top 10 run D, 2 vs. top 5, and 4 against those ranked in the 20s.

Four of his next 5 games aren't very easy. His schedule in the last 4 games of the season (3 if you don't count Wk 17) aren't too favorable, either. However, Weeks 9, 11, 12 and 13 look great though to finish off the fantasy regular season.

AZ is ranked 27th in rushing offense. They played Seattle (2 against the run), NE (7), and Philly (16).

Football outsiders ranks AZ's OL as 28th in run blocking. See http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Mia (#3 run D), @StL (21), Buf (14), @Min (12), SF (8), @GB (26), bye, @Atl (24), StL (21), @NYJ (28), @Sea (2), Det (11), Chi (6), SF (8)

So I count 5 games vs. top 10 run D, 2 vs. top 5, and 4 against those ranked in the 20s.

Four of his next 5 games aren't very easy. His schedule in the last 4 games of the season (3 if you don't count Wk 17) aren't too favorable, either. However, Weeks 9, 11, 12 and 13 look great though to finish off the fantasy regular season.

AZ is ranked 27th in rushing offense. They played Seattle (2 against the run), NE (7), and Philly (16).

Football outsiders ranks AZ's OL as 28th in run blocking. See http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Great info, thanks. :thumbsup:

Now did you look up the individual run D ranks, or is there is there some site with that info readily available for all players?

Great info, thanks. :thumbsup:

Now did you look up the individual run D ranks, or is there is there some site with that info readily available for all players?

I went to the team stats page on NFL.com and looked up the running defense stats.

Respect. Quality info right here. :thumbsup:

Now who has the balls to start him?

It's him or Stewart for me. Honestly I drafted Williams just for this but he really doesn't look that good besides 2 garbage time runs.