Sign in to follow this  
throttlers

Buy Sell or Hold - Charles

I own him in my main league and I am on the fence between selling and holding. I just put him on the block to see what I can get.

I own him in my main league and I am on the fence between selling and holding. I just put him on the block to see what I can get.

I was a big proponent of taking RB's early and often this year, and it is already starting to pay off for me. That said, I will be holding Charles unless I am just blown away with an offer, because I feel solid where I am at. If you have the depth required and the need elsewhere, he would be towards the top of my trade list just based on his last game. As long as he stays healthy he will put up decent numbers, and RB's will be a hot commodity if the current trend of injuries continue.

What the F are you gonna get for him??? Wrs are a dime a dozen. Unless you get a graham type talent or a package that blows you away, it's retarded to trade a stud rb...

Hillis tweaked his ankle towards the end of the NO game so this bodes well for Charles & his playing time. Droughns or whatever his name is still lurking around but Charles looked pretty good hitting the hole in Sundays game. Not many running backs going over 200 yards in today's pass happy NFL so I'm holding.

Trading Hakeem Knicks for Charles if he accepts

If you can sell Charles as a RB1 and get someone like Matt Ryan, if you are in need at QB, for example- I would do it. Count me a skeptical-- KC has looked terrible, and Charles has basically had one good game. Yeah, he got a bunch of carries and ran some big ones, but he's not made to be that kind of back. I still think he'll be a boom or bust type, with some great days but a lot of mediocre if not bad days. If others are buying him as an everyweek RB1 I'd trade him for sure. He's not a stud RB in my book., but we'll see what happens.

I'm not terribly optimistic about Charles going forward, but thanks to the absurd string of injuries I've been hit by I can't try moving him now.

If you can sell Charles as a RB1 and get someone like Matt Ryan, if you are in need at QB, for example- I would do it. Count me a skeptical-- KC has looked terrible, and Charles has basically had one good game. Yeah, he got a bunch of carries and ran some big ones, but he's not made to be that kind of back. I still think he'll be a boom or bust type, with some great days but a lot of mediocre if not bad days. If others are buying him as an everyweek RB1 I'd trade him for sure. He's not a stud RB in my book., but we'll see what happens.

This is more in line with my thinking. His one good game was against a pathetic Saints run D. He should have some more big games, but I don't think he will be consistent. Unless he goes off again in week 4, his value may be at it's peak.

Would you guys trade JC2K for Julio?

Yes. Matt Ryan is a stud. They are throwing and the schedule is good. I like charles late so if your not out of it. Jamal could be big late. Unless Hillis is healthy and vulturing

I was toying with this idea. Stafford is blowing chunks for me (and now injured) - the Matt Ryan owner has Brees as his starter already, and is hurting at QB. And prior to this week, I was stacked at RB, with Spiller, Charles, Mathews, and Forte. My original plan was to hold Spiller through this past Sunday, then flip him for Ryan before FJax came back. Now that he's down, and Forte is down, I can't really afford to give away Charles.

I think I'll be better off holding anyway. Charles looks like he's back to 2010 form, and with Hillis all but out of the picture, he's an RB1 that could carry your team the rest of the way - an almost priceless commodity in a year like this one.

Of course, now that I say that, he'll go out in the first half next week. Leaving me with Mathews as my only healthy RB, until he stubs his toe getting out of bed and misses 3 weeks. At which point I'll swear off fantasy football and become a Tibetan monk.