Sign in to follow this  
Brian Bozworth Fan Club

The Seahawks and the National Media

What a travesty! The horror of it all! Listening to the national media you’d think the Seahawks and the replacement refs committed an act of domestic terrorism against the Packers. God forbid, the darlings of the NFL got the short end of the stick on MNF. How on earth could the lowly Seahawks from the land of rain and drizzle come out on top!? It’s not fair!! No one respects the Seahawks! How dare they think they can play football with the Green Bay Packers, let alone win!

I understand the replacement refs have blown a lot of calls these first few weeks, and they blew several calls in the Packers/Seahawks game, especially on that last play. I totally get people being upset about the replacement refs, but, I can’t believe the amount of outrage that’s being spewed over this. After the game I heard an ESPN analyst, who I’m assuming is supposed to be somewhat unbiased, accuse Golden Tate and the Seahawks of cheating! Really? Also, I’ve heard several in the national media calling into question the integrity of Seahawk coaches and players because they won’t admit they lost the game! This is ridiculous, and there isn’t any other player or team in the NFL, if in the same position, who would throw concede to losing. People are beside themselves that the Packers lost because of that call, and I can’t help but think if roles were reversed there wouldn’t be anywhere near the same outrage we’re seeing from the national media. They might get after the NFL and replacement refs, but they wouldn’t go after the Packers in the same way they’ve gone after the Seahawk’s coaches and players.

As you probably figured out I’m a lifelong Seahawk fan and I know first-hand what it feels like to get hosed by refs with bad calls. That’s right, we got freaking HOSED! The difference is, it cost the Seahawks a Super Bowl! The game last Monday was week three of the regular season, and it’s become a national tragedy! Where was the outrage from the national media back in 05 when the Hawks got hoodwinked by the refs? There were a few in the national media that spoke up about how poorly that game was called, but most were silent. Why? Because it’s the Seahawks and no one cares about the Seahawks. They were playing another darling of the NFL, the Steelers. The Seahawks were supposed to lose and the Steelers were supposed to win. The game ended exactly the way the national media wanted it to end and it didn’t matter how it got there.

Again, I can’t help but think there’s more to the outrage than the replacement refs making a bad call. People can’t stand the fact the Seahawks got the benefit of that call and the Packers lost! I sympathize with Packer fans. It shouldn’t have gone down that way. But to all of you “fans of football” who stayed quiet when the Seahawks got screwed in the SB, but are now outraged because the Seahawks came out on top of that game, I have a few words for you… Stop your whining!

Good post. Couldn't agree more. I've yet to see a replay that is from the same angle as that ref who made the TD call. All the replays are from behind the play and everyone is saying it an interception. I don't see where there's a definative angle that shows it's an interception. Clearly the replay official felt the same way. There isn't any angle that shows what the official saw, so the play stood.

As for the pass interference, no refs in any sports would make that call. Remember Michael Jordan's push off...no call. Refs have a code where they don't decide the game.

Congrats to the Seahawks!

As you probably figured out I’m a lifelong Seahawk fan and I know first-hand what it feels like to get hosed by refs with bad calls. That’s right, we got freaking HOSED! The difference is, it cost the Seahawks a Super Bowl! The game last Monday was week three of the regular season, and it’s become a national tragedy! Where was the outrage from the national media back in 05 when the Hawks got hoodwinked by the refs? There were a few in the national media that spoke up about how poorly that game was called, but most were silent. Why? Because it’s the Seahawks and no one cares about the Seahawks. They were playing another darling of the NFL, the Steelers. The Seahawks were supposed to lose and the Steelers were supposed to win. The game ended exactly the way the national media wanted it to end and it didn’t matter how it got there.

Again, I can’t help but think there’s more to the outrage than the replacement refs making a bad call. People can’t stand the fact the Seahawks got the benefit of that call and the Packers lost! I sympathize with Packer fans. It shouldn’t have gone down that way. But to all of you “fans of football” who stayed quiet when the Seahawks got screwed in the SB, but are now outraged because the Seahawks came out on top of that game, I have a few words for you… Stop your whining!

Wow, it took until the 3rd paragraph for a Seattle apologist to start crying about the Super Bowl- a new record. Then again, I guess there really isn't much else for Seattle sports fans to cling to.

Aside from 85% of all bets being on Green Bay for that game, I think I read an article a while ago that Green Bay was #1 in merchandise sales, ahead of even the Cowboys, Raiders, and Pittsburgh.

It's a national smear campaign. Thank God the regular refs are back, so they can resume ass focking the Seahawks again in every single chance they get.

Aside from 85% of all bets being on Green Bay for that game, I think I read an article a while ago that Green Bay was #1 in merchandise sales, ahead of even the Cowboys, Raiders, and Pittsburgh.

It's a national smear campaign. Thank God the regular refs are back, so they can resume ass focking the Seahawks again in every single chance they get.

You must be in the Boz fanclub too. :cry:

I'm pretty sure Mitt Romney is cackling somewhere. He looked really sunk with that 47% comment, but now nobody even remembers it.

I'm neither a Packer nor Seahawk fan however what if the roles were reversed and Tate was the defender and the GBay defender was a receiver. No way in hell would the refs call that an interception. Mistakes are and will continue to be made no doubt about it.

But hearing Tate describe how he had both hands on the ball and the coach standing there next to ref after the review mimicking the ref and throwing his own hands up in touchdown position made both him and Tate look ridiculous.

I'm neither a Packer nor Seahawk fan however what if the roles were reversed and Tate was the defender and the GBay defender was a receiver. No way in hell would the refs call that an interception. Mistakes are and will continue to be made no doubt about it.

But hearing Tate describe how he had both hands on the ball and the coach standing there next to ref after the review mimicking the ref and throwing his own hands up in touchdown position made both him and Tate look ridiculous.

...but Tate did get both hands on the ball. In the heat of the moment, he couldnt recall his push off/PI so how could he recall getting just one hand on first when a split second later on the ground, he has both hands wrapped around the ball. What if in those moments he actually thought he had the catch?! Also, he didnt realize the PI until he watched replays after the game was over...

Serious question....do you think that was a touchdown?

I'm a Hawks fan and after the multiple replays, angles, etc...I still think it was an INT (although much closer a call than before).

Fock the national media, every other team and their fan base. It is what it is at this point.

I'm just kicking back and laughing my ass off at the group outrage. Monday night the country got a huge, neon green c0ck shoved down their throats and they handled it like a prude, sheltered teenage princess. A huge silver and blue load was spewed all over Commish Goodells jerkoff face as well.

Carry on America :cry: :cry: :cry:

I never knew what a ridiculous bunch the seahawk fans were... :blink:

Seriously. They get a free win and OP complains about being the victim. Jesus, take your win move on to next week.

Take solace Hawks fans, because of the embarrassment of Monday night, Goodell had to swallow his pride and back off the NFL's hard-nosed stance and pay their referees. Small victories (just like the gifted win Monday night).

I'm all like this

Fock the national media, every other team and their fan base. It is what it is at this point.

I'm just kicking back and laughing my ass off at the group outrage. Monday night the country got a huge, neon green c0ck shoved down their throats and they handled it like a prude, sheltered teenage princess. A huge silver and blue load was spewed all over Commish Goodells jerkoff face as well.

Carry on America :cry: :cry: :cry:

I thought there were some horrible calls in that game. And I thought the last play was a horrible call. But I have not experienced nearly the crying from other fans that I have Seattle fans.

Posts like this. You're defensive and want so bad to be considered relevant. But no one else takes you start getting bold and tell everyone to screw off. It's pretty entertaining stuff.

I'll tell you what.....as a Packer fan if the tables were turned and GB made that final, ref aided drive, I would surely have taken the win but probably wouldn't have said much of anything because that would have been a real dirty win. Asterisk worthy. But instead Seattle fans are showing how insecure they are with their loudmouth reactions.

Inconclusive. And when it's inconclusive, you have to give the catch to the offense. Doesn't matter who rips the ball out when both players hit the ground. If two players come down with it, it's the offenses ball because the defense did not demonstrate control of the ball therefore it cannot be a change of possession.

Many pundits have maned up since and backed off their INT comments and have now seen the evidence many times. They are now finally saying it was too close to call or inconclusive and the like.

I thought there were some horrible calls in that game. And I thought the last play was a horrible call. But I have not experienced nearly the crying from other fans that I have Seattle fans.

Posts like this. You're defensive and want so bad to be considered relevant. But no one else takes you start getting bold and tell everyone to screw off. It's pretty entertaining stuff.

I'll tell you what.....as a Packer fan if the tables were turned and GB made that final, ref aided drive, I would surely have taken the win but probably wouldn't have said much of anything because that would have been a real dirty win. Asterisk worthy. But instead Seattle fans are showing how insecure they are with their loudmouth reactions.

If you had any decency, you would delete your posts and hide the proof of your ugly, ignorant intolerance.

If you had any decency, you would delete your posts and hide the proof of your ugly, ignorant intolerance.

Honesty and integrity equal intolerance in the northwest (and in the ciy of brotherly love :lol: ).

Inconclusive. And when it's inconclusive, you have to give the catch to the offense. Doesn't matter who rips the ball out when both players hit the ground. If two players come down with it, it's the offenses ball because the defense did not demonstrate control of the ball therefore it cannot be a change of possession.

Many pundits have maned up since and backed off their INT comments and have now seen the evidence many times. They are now finally saying it was too close to call or inconclusive and the like.

Inconclusive? It would be like a guy walking behind his 8-month pregnant wife and reaching around her to touch the sides of her stomach and claim that he has possession of the baby.

Green Bay had the ball pinned against it's chest with both hands wrapped around it. The only thing Tate had tucked into his chest was the defender.

There was absolutley nothing inconclusive about it. The worst call I have ever seen. It was laughable.

And after hearing you cry about a bad call in the Super Bowl for years, you should be man enough to admit when your team benefited from one. I guess you only cry like an infant when the call doesn't give your team an undeserved win. As usual, you show no class.

Inconclusive.

Every ticky-tack thing you slack-jawed Seahawk homos have been crying about (since whenever you were in that only Super Bowl you've ever been in) was far more inconclusive than this clear-cut interception and Packer win.

You guys have had chances to come clean and show a little empathy and a little class for a Packer team* that absolutely nothing to do with what you've been whining about non-stop since whenever you lost that Super Bowl.

Instead... you took the same route as everybody who has been tormenting and trolling you all those years making up your own alternative (Pittsburgh) universe to deflect from and to deny the atrocity at hand.

Jennings intercepted the ball... game over.... That little d!ckweed Golden Taint pushed off egregiously and then stuck his little golden taint hand into the mix of the clear INT.... means zero to everybody in the world except a high school ref who had a horrible vision of the play...

Stop acting so dense...

I curse Seattle with 100 years of dark, dreary, rainy weather for their fans being massive hypocrites after years and years and years of being such massive whiners... :pointstosky:

*Who also happens to be a team that you own your tiny bit of craptastic success to..... Ted Thompson, Holmgren, Hasselbeck, etc.

Hmmm...thats what we're trying to do. But folks cant stop talking about the Ref lockout/the controversial call...it was on frickin' Insider Edition/Access Hollywood last night! The Presidential candidates are even talking about it!

Inconclusive? It would be like a guy walking behind his 8-month pregnant wife and reaching around her to touch the sides of her stomach and claim that he has possession of the baby.

Green Bay had the ball pinned against it's chest with both hands wrapped around it. The only thing Tate had tucked into his chest was the defender.

There was absolutley nothing inconclusive about it. The worst call I have ever seen. It was laughable.

And after hearing you cry about a bad call in the Super Bowl for years, you should be man enough to admit when your team benefited from one. I guess you only cry like an infant when the call doesn't give your team an undeserved win. As usual, you show no class.

You think pregnant women are really hot too?

Sea fans = whiny poosays. STFU. And I hate the Packers.

Every ticky-tack thing you slack-jawed Seahawk homos have been crying about (since whenever you were in that only Super Bowl you've ever been in) was far more inconclusive than this clear-cut interception and Packer win.

You guys have had chances to come clean and show a little empathy and a little class for a Packer team* that absolutely nothing to do with what you've been whining about non-stop since whenever you lost that Super Bowl.

Instead... you took the same route as everybody who has been tormenting and trolling you all those years making up your own alternative (Pittsburgh) universe to deflect from and to deny the atrocity at hand.

Jennings intercepted the ball... game over.... That little d!ckweed Golden Taint pushed off egregiously and then stuck his little golden taint hand into the mix of the clear INT.... means zero to everybody in the world except a high school ref who had a horrible vision of the play...

Stop acting so dense...

I curse Seattle with 100 years of dark, dreary, rainy weather for their fans being massive hypocrites after years and years and years of being such massive whiners... :pointstosky:

*Who also happens to be a team that you own your tiny bit of craptastic success to..... Ted Thompson, Holmgren, Hasselbeck, etc.

Hmm, homophobic with a touch of obsession with male genitalia. I should have recognized the signs sooner. :thumbsup:

Inconclusive?? Are you bloddy kidding? The only people in the whole world who don't think it was a clear interception are Pete Carrol and the Seahawks fans. You're telling me this is in-frickin-conclusive??

http://i.imgur.com/hOrH7.jpg

Inconclusive?? Are you bloddy kidding? The only people in the whole world who don't think it was a clear interception are Pete Carrol and the Seahawks fans. You're telling me this is in-frickin-conclusive??

The officials for the game did too...

A little riled up bro?

You guys got focked. That wasn't a TD, it was an INT. I have no problem admitting that. I just don't care. :thumbsup:

And I don't care what you would of done had things gone the other way because they didn't. I'll enjoy the "dirty" win and you can suck my cack. :cheers:

The officials for the game did too...

The officials for the game didn't even know who was on offense. I bet my entire year's salary if we interviewed the refs right now and they were honest they'd admit it was clearly the wrong call.

Hmm, homophobic with a touch of obsession with male genitalia. I should have recognized the signs sooner. :thumbsup:

"Homo" is simply a term of endearment for phillybear, the Paul Lynde of FFToday....

D!ckweed is some sort wild plant that can be found abundantly in hot climates like Tempe/Mesa.... I'm pretty sure the "d!ck" part isn't sexual....

Unless that's what you're thinking.... :lol:

I think combing through a post to find and pick out gay stuff is much gayer than actually posting a word or two within five paragraphs that might be considered gay... :cheers:

A little riled up bro?

You guys got focked. That wasn't a TD, it was an INT. I have no problem admitting that. I just don't care. :thumbsup:

And I don't care what you would of done had things gone the other way because they didn't. I'll enjoy the "dirty" win and you can suck my cack. :cheers:

Jerryskids? Where art thou?

Does your fine-tooth gay comb only work on librulrurluls??? :lol:

A little riled up bro?

Hardly riled. The Seattle fans are making it too easy to get into it with them today because they keep opening their mouths and stupid comes out.

Love how you're trying to turn tables now. Good stuff. :thumbsup:

Hardly riled. The Seattle fans are making it too easy to get into it with them today because they keep opening their mouths and stupid comes out.

On this site it has been coming out of their fingers.

How about you go talk about a sport you can understand and relate to. Like aerobics.

Turn tables? Your team got screwed on the last play and my team benefited. Pretty clear cut and dry and my position hasn't changed since Monday.

Seattle 2-1

Green Bay 1-2

:banana:

Stop acting so dense...

The Seahawks lead the NFL in penalties against. Do you think that's a coincidence? The league and media sh!ts all over this franchise at every turn. Then, for a brief moment, a ray of sunshine, a smidgen of justince emerges, retards like you are stomping that blooming flower into the dirt. Have you no shame?

Turn tables? Your team got screwed on the last play and my team benefited. Pretty clear cut and dry and my position hasn't changed since Monday.

Seattle 2-1

Green Bay 1-2

:banana:

What I was refering to had nothing to do with the game and obviously went :overhead: .

You think pregnant women are really hot too?

Sea fans = whiny poosays. STFU. And I hate the Packers.

Yes! Love the way their nipples darken up. :thumbsup:

Inconclusive. Look, realistically, you are a Green Bay fan, so your opinion is not important. Your team was just not good enough to beat the Seahawks. Tough titties.