Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

Amendola out 6-7 weeks

I wouldn't think twice about dropping him, this puts him out for the rest of the regular FF season. As far as replacements, I would bet most WW have better options outside of Stl.

I wouldn't think twice about dropping him, this puts him out for the rest of the regular FF season. As far as replacements, I would bet most WW have better options outside of Stl.

Should be back by Week 11 or Week 12, not quite the rest of the fantasy football regular season. The Rams are likely to keep him on the roster and not put him on injured reserve. I'd hold on to him if you can, especially in PPR. Obviously it depends on the size of your bench, your other options, and how you can manage the bye weeks though.

Why would you keep him?

Dump his oft-injured ass now.

He's the #4 receiver in my .5 PPR league. I'm 4-0 and barring an epic collapse will make the playoffs.

I might decide to drop/trade Ryan Williams and Pierre Thomas(Sproles insurance) before him.

Sweet. Lost both of my #3 WR's in the same week. Santonio and Amendola.

Ofcourse, it's a dynasty league with 30 man rosters, so the WW is non-existent. Now I get to start Naanee or Josh Morgan every week!

That's sad. I took him with my last pick in a ppr....2 years in a row...both ending in injury.

I shoulda traded him after his monster game.

Not surprised...seems he dives, laying his whole body out every pass to him.

Sweet. Lost both of my #3 WR's in the same week. Santonio and Amendola.

Ofcourse, it's a dynasty league with 30 man rosters, so the WW is non-existent. Now I get to start Naanee or Josh Morgan every week!

Naanee got cut the other day

Naanee got cut the other day

Awesome. Guess I'll BLS the rest of the season.

Yup, Legedone. Pick up Gafney in a pinch? :dunno:

######. The big question is are you guys dropping him? I think I'll have to with byes.

He's not out for the year but he's out for the fantasy regular season. Drop without a care.

FOX's Jay Glazer reports Danny Amendola's dislocated clavicle was initially life-threatening, and that the Rams do not have a firm timetable for his return.

Yes, life-threatening. Amendola's clavicle popped in instead of out, coming dangerously close to his aorta and trachea. Amendola had to be sedated by the Rams doctors so they could pop his clavicle back in and assure it would not "dislodge" again. Per Glazer, the Rams don't have a concrete timeline for Amendola's return because it is an extremely uncommon, perhaps unprecedented, NFL injury. It still appears Amendola will play football again in 2012, however.

Amendola (shoulder) could be back in as early as one month's time, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.

Recommendation: Amendola did in fact suffer a dislocation of the SC joint but did not suffer any ligament damage or broken bones. The Rams' medical staff was able to put the joint back in place immediately and cleanly which should make for a quicker recovery time. While it's been reported that Amendola will be out 6-to-7 weeks the Post-Dispatch is reporting that he could return as soon as four, as it's all about how quickly Amendola naturally heals. It should be interesting to see how soon and how hard the scrappy slot receiver tries to get back on the field and what kind of push-back he gets from the Rams' training staff and coaches.

(Rotowire.com)

Bradford was 7 for 21 for 141 yards. It might be a good idea to look somewhere else for some WR help. I have Amendola in a couple leagues and if i need a roster spot im gonna have to let him go.

I'm not doctor, but doesn't this seem to be a long time out? Fractures heal in 4-6 weeks. Is a separation worse than a break?

It can be worse than a break sometimes since it doesn't really heal as well, same thing with sprains. When my bf sprained his ankle earlier this year all the doctors and nurses told him he would have been much better off just breaking it instead.

You guys holding or dropping?

I've got Brees, Graham, Sproles on a bye....and my only cuttable options are J Stew, P. Thomas, and Amendola.

I hate to drop the guy by my RB scene is questionable at best and I think I need to hold on those weak options.

Question for all of you in leagues that use blind bidding to acquire free agents:

How much would you spend on Amendola? I have a number in mind, but I obviously don't want to spend more than I have to.

Question for all of you in leagues that use blind bidding to acquire free agents:

How much would you spend on Amendola? I have a number in mind, but I obviously don't want to spend more than I have to.

I just got him for $17.. was the only bidder. could have got him for $1.

my WRs are now:

Jones

Cruz

Colston

Cobb

Avery

Amendola

can start 4.. im hoping to have 4 top 10 WRs come playoffs!

Minimum bid - probably won't have any competition for him being he is injured

Just to let you know...I got him for $55 (out of $1000). As suspected on here, no one else bid for him. However, I heard earlier in the day from Jamie Maggio on NFL Network that STL is eyeing Week 10 for his return. To be able to plug him into my lineup as a likely WR2 in my PPR league was worth the price. Now if I can just turn Ryan/Flacco and Sproles into an elite RB, then I will really have something in that league.

Danny Amendola (shoulder) practiced on a limited basis Wednesday.

Amendola didn't do much in the workout, but it's a strikingly early return to the field. Amendola was expected to miss at least six weeks after his scary SC joint injury sustained against the Cardinals just three weeks ago. Sam Bradford's favorite target could be targeting a Week 10 return, making him a must-own in all formats. The Rams have a bye after playing the Patriots in London on Sunday.

I was able to re-add him yesterday off waivers. If you want to make a pickup...now is the time.

Rams schedule after bye is pretty brutal.

week

10 49ers

11 Jets

12 Arizona

13 49ers

14 Buffalo (good one)

15 Minnesota

16 Tampa Bay (good)

17 Seattle

If you need to win to make playoffs, I'd trade him.

Rams schedule after bye is pretty brutal.

week

10 49ers

11 Jets

12 Arizona

13 49ers

14 Buffalo (good one)

15 Minnesota

16 Tampa Bay (good)

17 Seattle

If you need to win to make playoffs, I'd trade him.

For a player like him that thrives on high volume slot targets I'm not sure the schedule matters much.

Looks like he'll be back sooner than later.

Updating a previous item, Danny Amendola (clavicle) is still holding out hope of playing versus the Patriots on Sunday.

Amendola says says "it kind of depends on how I feel tomorrow. There's an outside chance I could play." Coach Jeff Fisher isn't ruling it out. "We'll have to wait and see how the week goes on," said Fisher. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch has insisted "there's no way" Amendola will play Sunday with a bye week on the horizon. It's highly unlikely that we will see his return in London.