Sign in to follow this  
Jarvis Basnight

Very little talk about....

Not sure where he is in most scoring systems but he's 3rd overall now in my 10 teamer. Not bad for me being the last to pick a QB in the draft.

Why isn't he being talked about more? Could easily end up the SOD!

What kind of records do teams starting Peyton have? I'll be at 4-1 after tonight.

Not sure where he is in most scoring systems but he's 3rd overall now in my 10 teamer. Not bad for me being the last to pick a QB in the draft.

What kind of records do teams starting Peyton have? I'll be at 4-1 after tonight.

My guess is that many were taking a "wait and see" approach with him first. I agree - he is quietly kicking a$$.

I have Peyton but have been using using RGIII 4/5 games. After this week I'll likely start Peyton on a more consistent basis. He's the most consistent high ranked QB out there.

Peyton :wub: and just keeps getting better

What are you talking about? Haven't you been watching the games?

He's done. He has no arm strength. He's morphed into Chad Pennington. John Fox will run the ball too much for Peyton to put up his usual #'s. He's one hit away from paralysis.

:rolleyes:

What are you talking about? Haven't you been watching the games?

He's done. He has no arm strength. He's morphed into Chad Pennington. John Fox will run the ball too much for Peyton to put up his usual #'s. He's one hit away from paralysis.

:rolleyes:

can't tell if he's being sarcastic or just really dumb :dunno:

Wk Date Opp PaAtt PaCmp PaYd YAtt PaTD PaInt FPTS

1 9/9 PIT 26 19 253 9.7 2 - 26

2 9/17 @ATL 37 24 241 6.5 1 3 9

3 9/23 HOU 52 26 330 6.3 2 - 25

4 9/30 OAK 38 30 338 8.9 3 - 31

5 10/7 @NE 44 31 345 7.8 3 - 29

looks solid to me :headbanger:

rest of schedule looks :thumbsup:

What's there to say? People who doubted Manning have so far been wrong. Fantasy wise he's still among the top NFL QBs.

I hate to bash on Peyton but...wait thats not right, I love bashing on him. His arm is toast, I think we will see a lot more multiple interception games from him and that is the key. If you don't get too harsh a penalties for interceptions he is a viable starter.

What I want to know though is, is there any way Denver picks up the $40million option for the next two years or is he a free agent again next year? You have to think some team would sign him as long as he wants to play, just not for $20million a season.

I hate to bash on Peyton but...wait thats not right, I love bashing on him. His arm is toast, I think we will see a lot more multiple interception games from him and that is the key. If you don't get too harsh a penalties for interceptions he is a viable starter.

What I want to know though is, is there any way Denver picks up the $40million option for the next two years or is he a free agent again next year? You have to think some team would sign him as long as he wants to play, just not for $20million a season.

viable starter? LOL OK 3rd highest scorer in my league....no bye yet

Viable? LOL OK Newb

Goof if you can't see the trend then keep on starting him and see what happens. Let me further illustrate with his yardage totals and interception stats.

Game 1 345/0

Game 2 338/0

Game 3 330/0

Game 4 241/3

Game 5 253/2

Now I know anyone can make stats say anything they want but I sure don't like the trend. I think the defensive coordinators have seen the lack of arm strength and can gameplan to reduce his effectiveness and have already started.

viable starter? LOL OK 3rd highest scorer in my league....no bye yet

Your flat out an idiot if you think he finishes in the top 5 at his position much less top 5 overall. Thats not to say he doesn't have value and won't continue to have value but I think its outside the top 8 QB spots and sooner rather than later.

He wont finish top 5. Just doesnt have what he used to. However i do beliwve he will finish top 10. Solid starter every week? No. Good match up startwr? Very likely. Combine him with someone like joe flacco and alternate. You will find your qb position solid then

Goof if you can't see the trend then keep on starting him and see what happens. Let me further illustrate with his yardage totals and interception stats.

Game 1 345/0

Game 2 338/0

Game 3 330/0

Game 4 241/3

Game 5 253/2

Now I know anyone can make stats say anything they want but I sure don't like the trend. I think the defensive coordinators have seen the lack of arm strength and can gameplan to reduce his effectiveness and have already started.

Your flat out an idiot if you think he finishes in the top 5 at his position much less top 5 overall. Thats not to say he doesn't have value and won't continue to have value but I think its outside the top 8 QB spots and sooner rather than later.

:lol:

Who's stats did you list? Cause it's not Peyton Mannings :nono: no wonder your opinions so fricken wrong

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/4256/gamelog

seriously...who's stats did you copy :dunno:

And you want to talk trends he just had his highest yardage and TD game performances in his last game with no INT

BTW my starter is Matt Ryan and Manning is my backup. Not that it matters. And when did I say he would finish top 5? I Said he is way more than "viable" starter and currently 3rd.

Even with the year off, he's been so good for so long people tend to take him for granted.

There has seemed to be a little something off about him, I don't know if it's arm strength, rust or whatever. An "off" Manning is still better then 98% of the league.

Seemed to me the biggest worry with Peyton was that there was something like a six in ten chance he'd die on the field during the course of the year. That's still in play. But he's got a few decent receivers, plenty of opportunities to chase mop-up yards and scores because the Broncs are behind a lot, and good comedic timing. So things could be worse. I'm calling him a hold.

Game 1 345/0

Game 2 338/0

Game 3 330/0

Game 4 241/3

Game 5 253/2

i want to know whose stats those are too now LOL. Cause they ain't peyton manning's. peyton has had one bad 8 min stretch in the first quarter against the falcons. other than that, he's been lighting it up.

i want to know whose stats those are too now LOL. Cause they ain't peyton manning's. peyton has had one bad 8 min stretch in the first quarter against the falcons. other than that, he's been lighting it up.

After calling me a goof and idiot for not seeing a trend that doesn't exist in real life....He has crawled back under his rock or Mom's basement in embarrassment. :ninja:

But seriously dude, man up and let us know what parallel universe you pulled those stats from.

Those are Peyton's stats but he got the games in reverse order. Assuming the number after the / is picks, he added a couple to one of the games as well.

I drafted Peyton as my starter and only quarterback in one league. I was nervous but it worked out very well. 4-1 after this week.

Not saying that this little 3-game run of Manning's is a mirage, but in two of the three games Denver faced multiple-TD deficits late in the 2nd half and Manning padded his stats by abusing prevent defenses, and the other game was against Oakland ('nuff said). He was able to do basically nothing against Houston and New England until those games were out of hand.

Not saying that this little 3-game run of Manning's is a mirage, but in two of the three games Denver faced multiple-TD deficits late in the 2nd half and Manning padded his stats by abusing prevent defenses, and the other game was against Oakland ('nuff said). He was able to do basically nothing against Houston and New England until those games were out of hand.

So ...he is scoring points like Drew Brees playing from behind? That's fine

Sorry fellas... those who have him paid squat in draft pick for him and those who didnt are nit picking

Now stat padding is a thing not desired in fantasy?

Those are Peyton's yardage totals, albeit out of order. The INT column would be fine except for the zero that inexplicably morphed into a two.

How petty. If he was on your roster you would have never typed that response.

When I look at the rest of his schedule I'm doubting that these past 3 games were a mirage. I'm betting there will be more of the same.

The only thing about Peyton and the season's mop up yardage totals is the question of whether they're sustainable. Yeah, he got behind and had to pass against soft late-game D's by three of the league's elite teams. But that's pretty much it for league elites for him this year.

He's still got a couple real patsies on the horizon, with N.O. and OAK again, but other than that, a whole bunch of games that should be competitive against non-self-destructive D's. He hasn't really faced that yet. He's either been against teams that throttled him, or against soft D's. (PIT's, I think, counts here since none of their defensive players actually suited up for the game.)

So although there's reason for optimism, I do feel like he's heading into uncharted waters here pretty soon.

I still think he's a good hold, but he may be an even better sell high.

And I certainly wouldn't be looking to buy, because right now his price has to be sky high, while his future is still very much up in the air.

He has an easy schedule but otherwise every time I watch him play I always wonder how long he can sustain what he's doing. Those passes are all noodley.

I have Andrew Luck backing him up, who has done well himself, so if Peyton starts stumbling I am at least covered. I would try to make sure I have a good backup ready if I had Peyton. It's usually hard to trade QBs, or I would just trade him for almost anything.

After calling me a goof and idiot for not seeing a trend that doesn't exist in real life....He has crawled back under his rock or Mom's basement in embarrassment.

But seriously dude, man up and let us know what parallel universe you pulled those stats from.

Link to ESPN stats

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/1428/peyton-manning

I screwed up and transcribed the TD/int in one game and then reversed the orders of the games. I feel great SHAME. :doh:

Based on stats he does look like he is on the trend upwards. But I still don't see top 3 overall numbers. I checked all my leagues last night and he was not in the top 3 in any of them you must have a very favorable QB league. I just can't trust his arm strength his passes wobble, its odd to watch.

Link to ESPN stats

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/1428/peyton-manning

I screwed up and transcribed the TD/int in one game and then reversed the orders of the games. I feel great SHAME. :doh:

Based on stats he does look like he is on the trend upwards. But I still don't see top 3 overall numbers. I checked all my leagues last night and he was not in the top 3 in any of them.

I said in the OP that he's currently 3rd overall in my league with my league's weird scoring.

In another league I'm in with standard scoring he's the #5 QB.

I can see him staying top 5 this year.

He's got games against SD and Cinci coming up, which should tell us quite a lot about where he is as an NFL QB these days. Good but not great teams and teams with middle of the pack defenses pretty much define his schedule the rest of the way.

The only thing about Peyton and the season's mop up yardage totals is the question of whether they're sustainable. Yeah, he got behind and had to pass against soft late-game D's by three of the league's elite teams. But that's pretty much it for league elites for him this year.

He's still got a couple real patsies on the horizon, with N.O. and OAK again, but other than that, a whole bunch of games that should be competitive against non-self-destructive D's. He hasn't really faced that yet. He's either been against teams that throttled him, or against soft D's. (PIT's, I think, counts here since none of their defensive players actually suited up for the game.)

So although there's reason for optimism, I do feel like he's heading into uncharted waters here pretty soon.

I still think he's a good hold, but he may be an even better sell high.

And I certainly wouldn't be looking to buy, because right now his price has to be sky high, while his future is still very much up in the air.

Polamalu suited up for that game, and Manning abused him.

Manning has arguably played in 1 close game, 1 blowout win, and 3 blowout losses (although all losses were close in the 4th quarter). And he's really only had 1 bad quarter all season. He played well against Pittsburg's defense in a close game. He shredded Oakland's (sh!tty) defense in a blowout. After tossing 3 picks against Atlanta's defense, he brought the Broncos back in the 2nd half. And while he started out slow against Houston and relied on quantity, how can you argue 330/2 against the best defense in the league? And while a lot of his stats against the Patriots happened with a huge deficit, he was also something like 12/15 170 yards and a TD before halftime (with Thomas fumbling away another potential TD).

And he's still playing his first competitive football in nearly 2 years, with a new coaching staff and new teammates. He's clearly answered questions about how effective he can be in the NFL, and has proven he can take hits again - He's taken some horrendous shots and bounced right back up.

Not really sure why people would be counting on regression at this point. Should be on his way to another 4,500 yard, 30 TD season.

That happens to every top QB in FF, they pad their stats late in games or during comebacks. Brees has been a garbage point king this year.