Sign in to follow this  
kmbryant09

Top 10's

Figured I'd dish out my rankings just to generate some discussion...These are rankings for the rest of the season.

QB's:

1. Drew Brees - Is having another record-setting season (on pace for 5,500 yards). Will be forced to throw 40+ times a game because that defense is awful.

2. Aaron Rodgers - I'm confident he'll regain his pre-2012 form, but Jennings' and Finley's absence could hurt his total numbers.

3. Peyton Manning - Was supposed to struggle early in the season as he acclimates to a weaker arm, new teammates, new system etc. Already on pace for 4,800 yards and 35 TD's.

4. Tom Brady - Might be the best offense in the league, but a dominant run game might limit his fantasy points. Still one of the more reliable QB's in fantasy.

5. Matt Ryan - Off to a great start, and has a great schedule. Wouldn't really argue with anyone for putting him at #2.

6. Eli Manning - Putting up great #'s (2nd most passing yards) without Nicks who is expected back soon. I still don't trust that running game or defense, which means Eli will throw a lot.

7. Robert Griffin III - Tempted to put him higher, but last week's concussion is a reminder of the risks that come with a mobile QB. Make sure you have a reliable back-up if he's your #1, but ride his production as long as he's healthy.

8. Andrew Luck - Has already lead 3 go-ahead scores with less than 2:00 remaining in his first 4 games. The sheer volume of attempts and rushing numbers (on pace for 400/4 rushing) will make Luck a reliable #1.

9. Cam Newton - As disappointing as he's been, he's still a top10 QB in most leagues. I've gotta believe this bye week will help fix some of the offense's problems.

10. Ben Roethlisberger - Has been very impressive this season (8 TD's, 1 INT). Defense/running game isn't what it used to be, so PITT will continue to air it out.

Notes: I don't trust Stafford, he has nothing else but Calvin. Alex Smith is creeping into the top12. Joe Flacco has cooled considerably after his fast start; still too inconsistent for me. Vick may deserve a spot because of his potential, but he's unlikely to last a full season.

WR's:

1. Victor Cruz - He was my #3 ranked WR to start the season, and he's getting the bump to #1. He's Eli's favorite target, and on pace for a ridiculous 118/1400/16.

2. Calvin Johnson - Still wouldn't bet against him, but has looked more human-like and less transformer-like this season. Detroit offense clearly not clicking.

3. A.J. Green - Has emerged as an elite talent, and clearly Dalton's favorite target. May slow down a bit like last year, but he's fantasy's #1 WR to date.

4. Reggie Wayne - Luck is on pace to throw the ball 700 times. Wayne is on pace for an absurd 240 targets. He can even slow down off of his 9/126/.5 TD pace and still remain a top5 WR.

5. Demaryius Thomas - Offseason reports about Decker being Manning's favorite target are long gone. DThomas may be the best WR in the NFL with the ball in his hands, and we all know how productive Manning's #1 WR's have been over the years.

6. Brandon Marshall - Can be very inconsistent on a week-to-week basis, but he should see as many targets as any WR not named Wayne. Currently on pace for 112/1590/10.

7. Percy Harvin - The Vikings are finally putting the ball in his hands,and he isn't disappointing. Ponder's development also helps, and Percy should get 150 touches this season.

8. Wes Welker - Don't care what anybody says, Welker is still Brady's favorite target. A target/catch machine, I predict another 100/1100/8 season.

9. Larry Fitzgerald - Still one of the best in the league, but Arizona is no longer playing from behind for most of the game. Seems like Kolb has learned to lock onto Fitz though.

10. Julio Jones/Roddy White - Pick one. Roddy is more consistent, Julio has greater potential. Problem is, they both cap each other's production, and Gonzalez is having another monster season.

Notes: Too many options in New Orleans for Colston to finish top 10 (rest of season). Cassel's injury hurts Bowe. Hartline has been great, but I'd be stunned if he continues this pace. Torrey Smith might lead the league in FPPT (fantasy points per target), but that unfortunately is not a stat.

RB's:

1. Arian Foster - This was the easiest choice on any list. Getting the ball a ton, delivering a ton. 75+ yards and a TD in every game so far.

2. Ray Rice - Involved in both the running game (81 carries) and passing game (23 catches). Has only scored in 2 games so far, but his heavy usage will keep fantasy owners happy.

3. Jamaal Charles - I doubt his heavy workload is sustainable - Despite a 6-carry game, he's still on pace for 330 carries. But he may be the best pure runner in the NFL. ACL injury a thing of the past.

4. LeSean McCoy - Yards are there, TD's will come. As elusive as any player in the league, only a matter of time before a breakout game. Get him while you can (if you can).

5. Adrian Peterson - Returned from his ACL injury like a beast, he's suddenly a part of a very productive offense. Harvin's presence may limit AP ever so slightly, but should still finish with 1500/10+ total.

6. Trent Richardson - The Browns suck as a team, but their offense is putting up yards and points. T-Rich is a true workhorse RB, maybe the new AP.

7. Stevan Ridley - Remains to be seen how BB will react to his fumbles, but he's been electrifying in New England's offense. Any lead-back in this offense deserves a top10 spot.

8. Marshawn Lynch - Another true workhorse RB, Lynch trails only Foster and Charles in rushing yards. Not a flashy pick, but the ideal #2, and a dependable, if not spectacular #1.

9. Maurice JonesDrew - Will only be a top10 RB because of volume. This offense, once again, sucks. But MJD will still get 350 touches, and will likely turn them into 1400 yards and 8 TD's.

10. Reggie Bush - I really believe Bush has matured as a running back. In a contract year, he's more likely to play through some injuries (like he's done lately). Still has room to grow since he only has 12 catches so far.

Notes: Tempted to put Alfred Morris on the list, but he's still a Shanahan RB. Forte won't get enough TD's to justify his rep as a #1 fantasy back. Don't be surprised if Murray works his way back into the top 10.

Good thread....nice to see over everyone else's who do I start or should I make this trade threads.

Without taking much time to research my own top tens I doubt your's on first glance. It looks like you have top 10's which pretty much follow where guys currently are stat-wise. Your top 10's here are eerily similar to what actual top 10's through this week. You don't really believe it's going to stay that similar through 17 weeks as it has through 5, do you?

i know hes been hurt but you have to figure hakeem into your wr rankings even if its just to quantify impact on cruz. good post for original thoughts if nothing else.

Rodgers will make the top 10, but top 2 might be a stretch. I don't think Luck or CAM will finish top 10. Instead I could see A Dalton and/or A Smith make it.

At 33 y.o. I don't expect Wayne to keep up his stats, especially with rookie Luck and on a bad IND team. Only RB I really disagree with is Ridley who I expect to falter badly in the coming weeks. R Mathews might squeak into the top 10 by the end of the year.

Good thread....nice to see over everyone else's who do I start or should I make this trade threads.

Without taking much time to research my own top tens I doubt your's on first glance. It looks like you have top 10's which pretty much follow where guys currently are stat-wise. Your top 10's here are eerily similar to what actual top 10's through this week. You don't really believe it's going to stay that similar through 17 weeks as it has through 5, do you?

Yeah, there aren't too many eye-popping rankings. Believe it or not, a lot of guys who I ranked higher than most coming into the season have been performing as such (Cruz, Harvin, Luck, Manning, Bush).

There are very few, 'flash in the pans' through 5 weeks, in my opinion. Even someone like Alfred Morris or Stevan Ridley appear to have staying power.

Certainly I didn't nail these picks, we'll be able to look back at the end of the season and probably see a handful of guys who aren't even on the fantasy football radar right now. Guys like Vick Ballard, Vincent Brown, Alex Green, etc. etc. will undoubtedly emerge as reliable starters down the stretch. Just didn't want to go out on a limb all that much.

Rodgers will make the top 10, but top 2 might be a stretch. I don't think Luck or CAM will finish top 10. Instead I could see A Dalton and/or A Smith make it.

At 33 y.o. I don't expect Wayne to keep up his stats, especially with rookie Luck and on a bad IND team. Only RB I really disagree with is Ridley who I expect to falter badly in the coming weeks. R Mathews might squeak into the top 10 by the end of the year.

Curious why you don't like Luck? He's been a borderline top10 QB so far, and should only get better as he gains experience. He has no defense, and no running game, which means he should throw roughly 40 times every single week. You even mention the "bad Indy team" thing, which should only help the passing game.

I do agree about Mathews. In hindsight, I probably should have included him over Ridley or Bush.

Some of these guys, like Rodgers, can score as the # 2 QB the rest of the season but not end up there bc they are far behind.

To me being a #2 rest of season option doesnt mean you need to finish there.

To me being a #2 rest of season option doesnt mean you need to finish there.

Didn't think of it that way. Good point.

Very Good/Interesting Thread

How I see it (PPR)

***If I had to redraft today***

QB:

1. Brees

2. Brady

3. Rodgers

4- Ryan

5- Peyton

6. Eli

7. Stafford

8. RG3

9. Romo (Don't laugh, he'll have 28-30 tds and 4000+)

10. Cam

RB:

1. Foster

2. Rice

3. Charles

4. McCoy

5. AP

6. MJD

7. McFadden

8. Mathews

9. TRich

10. Lynch

WR:

1. Calvin

2. Cruz

3. Green

4. Percy

5. Welker

6. B Marsh

7. R White

8. D Thomas

9. Wayne

T-10. Julio/Fitz

I'd like to see more peoples opinions.

so luck owners should trade for romo?

no thanks.

So should Romo owners trade for Luck?

No Thanks.

Romo will finish with better numbers over the course of a season than Luck.

so luck owners should trade for romo?

no thanks.

Uhhh what :blink:

I have Luck ranked ahead of Romo, so no Luck owners should not trade for Romo.

If you simply said it backwards, then why would you rather have Romo?

Uhhh what :blink:

I have Luck ranked ahead of Romo, so no Luck owners should not trade for Romo.

If you simply said it backwards, then why would you rather have Romo?

you missed the point. i was agreeing with you responding to the posts between ours. get a hold of yourself.

So should Romo owners trade for Luck?

No Thanks.

Romo will finish with better numbers over the course of a season than Luck.

you may be right.

romo has the better completion percentage and is close in yards but has two less tds three more picks and like a hundred less rushing yards without even mentioning lucks td on the ground. if you said they were comparable id agree. if you said you had romo and you wanted to trace id say no thanks.

you may be right.

romo has the better completion percentage and is close in yards but has two less tds three more picks and like a hundred less rushing yards without even mentioning lucks td on the ground. if you said they were comparable id agree. if you said you had romo and you wanted to trace id say no thanks.

I see what you're saying. If most people watched his games they'd agree that at least half of those picks were not on him. I'm not just talking about the MNF game. His last 2 full seasons as a starter he's thrown for over 4100+ yards and at least 26tds. I expect him to be around those numbers at the end of this year also. Luck will get somewhere around that yardage but I don't think he gets that many TD's. They'll be close, both solid plays. Just have more confidence in Romo.

I see what you're saying. If most people watched his games they'd agree that at least half of those picks were not on him. I'm not just talking about the MNF game. His last 2 full seasons as a starter he's thrown for over 4100+ yards and at least 26tds. I expect him to be around those numbers at the end of this year also. Luck will get somewhere around that yardage but I don't think he gets that many TD's. They'll be close, both solid plays. Just have more confidence in Romo.

That O-line is a mess this year though, Miles Austin looks done, Dez is a headcase, and Ogletree isn't as talented as Laurent Robinson as far as we can tell.

I don't know if Romo will turn it up or not, he just might get injured and miss the end of the season.

That O-line is a mess this year though, Miles Austin looks done, Dez is a headcase, and Ogletree isn't as talented as Laurent Robinson as far as we can tell.

I don't know if Romo will turn it up or not, he just might get injured and miss the end of the season.

There O-Line has been a mess the last 3-4 years. Miles does not look done what so ever. He has either had 100 yds or a TD in each game. This is coming from a guy that has owned Romo and Austin for the last 4 season (non-keeper) and has watched 90% of all Cowboy games. (I'm a Saints and Vikings fan btw) I've just been riding the combo of Romo/Austin for years to the playoffs.

QB's Arod, M.Ryan, D.Brees, T.Brady,P.Manning, E.Manning,T.Romo,RGIII, C.Newton, and Big Ben

RB's A.Foster, R.Rice, L.McCoy, R.Matthews, AP, M.Forte, J.Charles, M.Lynch, TRich, tie 4 10th D.Murray and MJD

ENDS-12 C.Johnson, AJ Green, R.White, V.Cruz, Gronk, Graham, Welker, J.Jones, L.Fitz, P.Harvin, A.Johnson,and R.Wayne

Don't know what makes you think Austin is done :shocking:

He is #10 WR based on avg points per game in most formats/leagues. That is a WR1.

AP talking up Percy.

Adrian Peterson calls Percy Harvin "the best player I've played with."

Peterson has played with future Hall of Famer Brett Favre as well as perennial All Pro defenders Jared Allen and Kevin Williams. "I know talent," Peterson said. "I can watch Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen and see the difference." By way of explanation, Peterson explained that neither he nor Harvin is Pippen: "There are two Jordans on this team." Christian Ponder believes Harvin "might be the best player in the NFL right now." It's nice to see darkhorse MVP candidate Harvin getting his due.

AP talking up Percy.

Adrian Peterson calls Percy Harvin "the best player I've played with."

Peterson has played with future Hall of Famer Brett Favre as well as perennial All Pro defenders Jared Allen and Kevin Williams. "I know talent," Peterson said. "I can watch Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen and see the difference." By way of explanation, Peterson explained that neither he nor Harvin is Pippen: "There are two Jordans on this team." Christian Ponder believes Harvin "might be the best player in the NFL right now." It's nice to see darkhorse MVP candidate Harvin getting his due.

christian ponder is like an undersized bill cartwright.

Some may disagree with my choices and that's ok. I don't have Megatron in the top 10 which pains me but it's just how I see them shaking out at years' end.

QB's

1.Matt Ryan

2.Drew Brees

3.Aaron Rodgers

4.Tom Brady

5.Peyton Manning

6.Eli Manning

7.Ben Roethlisberger

8.Andy Dalton

9.Philip Rivers

10.Joe Flacco

RB's