Sign in to follow this  
caliente12

Chris Johnson theory

If you look at his past games where hes had success it is related to the defenses he has played.

It's a short span but Chris Johnson seems to do well against teams that run a 3-4 base defense. Both pittsburg and houston he totalled over 100 yards. During the San Diego game he managed only 2.8 points only due to his limited carries. Even then he still had higher ypc than other games. This bills game will put this theory to the test. I am sitting him due to the zone change from 3-4 to 4-3 that the Bills made this year. Again this is only a theory. You can go ahead and do whatever you want with your lineup.

Theory number 2: Hasselback effect.

Clear, explanatory. He does better with Hasselback. Again no hard facts.

Regardless, I think Chris Palmer should be fired as OC of titans.

Tell me what you think.

I think you can take the kid out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the kid.

I watched him play his last game. The Titans O-line was opening holes but he just wasn't hitting them. I think he just sucks now. As soon as Ringer comes back he is going to be in a timeshare at best, and likely will lose more and more time in it if Ringer can do anything. If they are smart at all they will draft an RB this year and just cut him. And next time they will either pay their star RBs quicker or stand tight and refuse to give them new contracts, instead running them right into the ground and that's it.

I also think, if he were to get cut, he would immediately have a new job at some other team, possibly the Rams. Fischer seems to be able to control and motivate him.

I've got Tampa Mike, Randall Cobb and Chris Johnson. 2 Spots, which two to pick.... I might start Cobb and Tampa Mike, Every "expert" is saying start CJ but I am sticking to my 3-4 scheme theory. Probably in the wrong forum but really, does anyone see any logic in this pattern?

I'm starting CJ over Morris, just seems like to good of a match up to pass up.

Alfred Morris? I'd start maybe 3 backs over him, and if you have 2 of those backs you are probably running away with your league. CJ is not one of those backs.

Ur high. People make too much out of matchups. The rankings change every week and numbers lie like nothing else. Start the better player except in 2 or 3 rare circumstances.

My Ryan start v the raiders while a concussed rg3 tore up the Vikings is just one of many examples. Playing the niners? Fine, I'll listen. Everyone else is just a bunch of nfl caliber players.

I feel all of you but I would start CJ2K this week... I think CJ is unpredictable but you got to start this week with Bills missing some D line men.

I seems like craps with this guy but if your in no need to gamble you got 2 ok replacements. I can see a lot of people feeling stupid who bench him for bums.

I'd go Hassellback effect at the start of the yr teams zeroed in on CJ because J Locker was starting. Now a few weeks under Hassellback you seen 100 yd games. There is something wrong with him don't know... maybe he lost his confidence or is out of shape... I dont know.

Any guy that can put up 100 yds on Pit and Hou deserves a start against Buffalo... if I was a CJ owner I'd be more pissed he went off on the weeks I would of benched him. I avoided CJ like the plague this yr... I would wait till IND game if he doesn't put up 10+ pt performances cut all ties and offer him as a trade for a RB that you like that had a tough schedule. If you still not satisfied this would like be the high "selling" pt.

I play matchups won my only championship last yr that way. I rode S Jax best games and traded him before he played 49ers and other tough Ds to team I'd face in the finals for WRs slumping who I'd figure would explode in the playoffs... thx u AJ Green. I agree with the experts but don't expect no J Charles v NO performance but 100 yds and 1 Td is reasonable.

Alfred Morris? I'd start maybe 3 backs over him, and if you have 2 of those backs you are probably running away with your league. CJ is not one of those backs.

After putting the joint down and letting the affect wear off, I have Darren Sproles on the bench. It is a tough decision no matter who sits. I can only play 3 and I have CJ0K, CJ Spiller, Morris and Sproles. Thoughts? Am I still high?

I would not start CJ over Bam morris at this time.

Ur high. People make too much out of matchups. The rankings change every week and numbers lie like nothing else. Start the better player except in 2 or 3 rare circumstances.

My Ryan start v the raiders while a concussed rg3 tore up the Vikings is just one of many examples. Playing the niners? Fine, I'll listen. Everyone else is just a bunch of nfl caliber players.

Yeah I agree with you, that bullshit with Matty Ice getting the best game matchup of the year burned me twice. I started him against washington and raiders over Peyton Manning and lost both games by a few points. Matchups feel like a wash with under half a season of play.

Yes, but like I said, I have 3 to play, so which out of the 3?!?!!?

3 what?

Holy crap. An 83 yard TD run!

I should have bought CJ for a bag of oreos like someone was offering in our dynasty league a few weeks ago. :wall:

I am sitting him due to the zone change from 3-4 to 4-3 that the Bills made this year.

:music_guitarred:

Granted I only started him due to bye weeks but still :banana:

If only he played the Bills every week.....Trade him now!

actually his schedule is not looking terrible. And they actually look like an NFL team now, as opposed to the first few weeks. I think he's solid going forward. THis game had to have given him, his OLine and the team as a whole a lot of confidence in him. Gonna have to watch the game on replay to see if he ran really well and his line blocked really well or if it was all on buffalo being a crap run D. Probably a mix of both but either way I like CJ going forward. Dunno if he'll pay you back for his 1st round pick, but he'll be a solid top end RB2 type me thinks. And if they can get him some passes on screens and get him in the open field, he's still very dangerous and can break one at any given moment...

actually his schedule is not looking terrible. And they actually look like an NFL team now, as opposed to the first few weeks. I think he's solid going forward. THis game had to have given him, his OLine and the team as a whole a lot of confidence in him. Gonna have to watch the game on replay to see if he ran really well and his line blocked really well or if it was all on buffalo being a crap run D. Probably a mix of both but either way I like CJ going forward. Dunno if he'll pay you back for his 1st round pick, but he'll be a solid top end RB2 type me thinks. And if they can get him some passes on screens and get him in the open field, he's still very dangerous and can break one at any given moment...

Nah - trade him now. He's got Indy next week where he should still play well, so you'll have value until after that game. But after that it's Chicago, Miami, and the Bye - 3 straight weeks of no production. Get what you can for this guy now.

Nah - trade him now. He's got Indy next week where he should still play well, so you'll have value until after that game. But after that it's Chicago, Miami, and the Bye - 3 straight weeks of no production. Get what you can for this guy now.

Yeah, but his playoff schedule looks pretty easy. 14 Colts 15 Jets 16 Packers 17 Jags