Sign in to follow this  
touchdowntwitaker

Wilson or Brown

Last week Wilson got 7 carries, the most in any game to date. I would immagine you can count on at least that much in typical games here on out.

Last week Wilson got 7 carries, the most in any game to date. I would immagine you can count on at least that much in typical games here on out.

Not exactly. Brown was OUT. He's ready to play again.

Not exactly. Brown was OUT. He's ready to play again.

That is immaterial. Wilson's carries didnt change when Bradshaw went out did it? No, and brown went from zero carries to starter with little change for Wilson. Brown affects Bradshaw more than Wilson. Wilsons opportunities are mostly tied to his development and game situation.

Just my 2 cents, but if Bradshaw were to sit this week I feel Brown is clearly the better start than Wilson. NYGs will clearly be emphasizing the pass vs WAS's awful pass D and it's already been established Wilson is not a solid pass blocker yet. WAS actually has a good run D, so again - emphasis on the pass for NYG. With this said, I'd think Brown would be a decent start, but not spectacular. Maybe 14-16 carries, 85 yds and HOPEFULLY a TD, but probably not.

Just my 2 cents, but if Bradshaw were to sit this week I feel Brown is clearly the better start than Wilson. NYGs will clearly be emphasizing the pass vs WAS's awful pass D and it's already been established Wilson is not a solid pass blocker yet. WAS actually has a good run D, so again - emphasis on the pass for NYG. With this said, I'd think Brown would be a decent start, but not spectacular. Maybe 14-16 carries, 85 yds and HOPEFULLY a TD, but probably not.

Will Bradshaw have any explosion on that foot at the GL?

I agree, Brown is the man here. Brown is the one getting 1st team reps, not Wilson.

That is immaterial. Wilson's carries didnt change when Bradshaw went out did it? No, and brown went from zero carries to starter with little change for Wilson. Brown affects Bradshaw more than Wilson. Wilsons opportunities are mostly tied to his development and game situation.

My point was Wilson got more carries because there was no alternative to spell Bradshaw.

My point was Wilson got more carries because there was no alternative to spell Bradshaw.

I hear you. I just don't think that's the only reason. They want Wilson involved and expect him to get his reps most weeks here on out. Not a big workload, but 5-12.

Rotoworld latest news:

Andre Brown (concussion) is listed as probable for Week 7 after a full practice week.The concussion is no longer a concern. Brown is No. 2 on the Giants' tailback depth chart, ahead of David Wilson and behind foot-troubled Ahmad Bradshaw. Bradshaw is listed as questionable for Week 7 against the Redskins, but is tentatively expected to play. Brown is roster-able again for fantasy owners in bye-week crunches. We'll know more about the Giants' backfield Sunday morning. Oct 19 - 1:38 PM

Giants Beat writer was just on WFAN Radio here in NY and his exact words that he got from the team today is that the plan is Bradshaw and Andre brown to split carries going forward . They do not want to have Wilson carry the ball more then maybe a few times a game. His exact words were unless there were an injury to both Bradshaw and Brown that he is primary the kick returner and that it for the season and the fans better get used to it. He was asked why by the radio announcer and the reason were that he never passed protected in his time in college and cant. He admitted his has no clue . and the team does not want to risk Eli . Also that his drops on passes has gotten him deeper in the doghouse and his fumbling is still a problem in practice and he is still in the dog house. Unless something happens to both Bradshaw and Brown he has limited fantasy potential despite his obvious speed.

Bradshaw is the most reliable, but most injured. Brown may still be seeing stars and there is no certainty on how he will impact this game. Wilson is the only healthy player of the three but has not had more than 7 carries in a game thus far. I don't like any of the three right now. Bottom Line... Do not start Bradshaw, Brown, or Wilson until further notice.

I don't know why they'd rely on Bradshaw. They're not stupid. We all see how injury prone Bradshaw is, the Giants obviously see that too. If anything I'd imagine when you have 3 unreliable options you just rotate them all, the way they used to before this season. Andre Brown I don't think has much talent, and David Wilson does seem to have more talent out of the three of them. I do hear Wilson's pass blocking is a problem, but it's not like any of them can pass block. In the NFL right now no RB really pass blocks in any decent way, right now Tim Tebow is probably the best pass blocking RB. All the other RBs do is kind of get in the way and then fall down. Some don't even try, like CJ0k.

I'm not necessarily sold on Wilson, in fact I lean towards him not amounting to much, but just knocking Wilson and then putting Bradshaw on a pedestal just boggles my mind. Maybe it is these types of decisions that create so much trouble for Coughlin, despite him winning 2 SBs. You would think a SB winning coach would be above reproach, but Coughlin definitely doesn't seem that way.

Giants Beat writer was just on WFAN Radio here in NY and his exact words that he got from the team today is that the plan is Bradshaw and Andre brown to split carries going forward . They do not want to have Wilson carry the ball more then maybe a few times a game. His exact words were unless there were an injury to both Bradshaw and Brown that he is primary the kick returner and that it for the season and the fans better get used to it. He was asked why by the radio announcer and the reason were that he never passed protected in his time in college and cant. He admitted his has no clue . and the team does not want to risk Eli . Also that his drops on passes has gotten him deeper in the doghouse and his fumbling is still a problem in practice and he is still in the dog house. Unless something happens to both Bradshaw and Brown he has limited fantasy potential despite his obvious speed.

Which beat writer said this?

rotoworld

Ahmad Bradshaw active, starting for Giants

Ahmad Bradshaw (foot) is active for Sunday's game against the Redskins.

Oct 21 - 11:29 AM

I honestly do not remember. It was JJ after dark show and I cant rememeber the guy who he had on who covers the NY Giants. Sorry.

Which beat writer said this?

EDit : They posted the audio (Below) on there site so you can here the exact quote from Paul Dottino. Its at the end wheree they start talking Wilson about the 9:15 mark.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/audio/868-new-york-giants/giants-paul-dottino-with-john-jastremski/

I honestly do not remember. It was JJ after dark show and I cant rememeber the guy who he had on who covers the NY Giants. Sorry.

EDit : They posted the audio (Below) on there site so you can here the exact quote from Paul Dottino. Its at the end wheree they start talking Wilson about the 9:15 mark.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/audio/868-new-york-giants/giants-paul-dottino-with-john-jastremski/

Seems pretty spot on based on what I saw today. If it is dottino, he's pretty well connected.

In the NFL right now no RB really pass blocks in any decent way, right now Tim Tebow is probably the best pass blocking RB.

Bradshaw is considered one of the best pass blocking running backs in the NFL.

Indeed, that opportunity to give up pressure is the next area we’re going to look into, seeing which backs have spent the most time in pass protection over the past three years. The most trusted back in that regard is Ahmad Bradshaw who has been left into pass block on 347 occasions over the past three years. All the more impressive when you consider Bradshaw wasn’t an every-down back as he split time with Brandon Jacobs (who himself spent 175 plays in pass protection), showing just how much the Giants like to leave their back in to help.

three-years-of-pass-blocking-efficiency-running-backs