Sign in to follow this  
robocardz

Kevin Smith

than the CRAP Detroit is running out there??

I know it's been discussed here before, but What the Frack did K Smith do to piss off the Lions Organization?

RB

I know it's been discussed here before, but What the Frack did K Smith do to piss off the Lions Organization?

RB

I don't know, but as far as I'm concerned when he is healthy he's the best RB on the roster.

:pointstosky:

I don't know, but as far as I'm concerned when he is healthy he's the best RB on the roster.

Not sure either. He produced well last year. Gave him a shot first two wks and one of those games were against the 49ers; in other words he had one week to put up numbers.

:lol:

I was just thinking the same thing after that goaline fumble. Smith can't get a whiff on this team behind these two curtain jerkers Leshoure and Bell. He must have poured sugar in Schwartz's gas tank or something.

The offense seems to flow much easier when K. Smith is on the field. Stubbornness I guess.

:dunno:

RB

Legitimate question....I know most/all of us aren't qualified to HC's in the NFL but he can't....and I mean CAN'T....be any worse than what they're sending out there at this point in time.

I've been saying that this is the most perplexing thing I have ever seen in football... Or at least in the last several years.

A productive player when healthy, playing on a team that does not have a star RB or an amazing amount of depth and this guy doesn't even see the field? I'm not saying start him if they feel leshoure is the future, but no touches at all? He can't help this team?

Not like he is a team cancer like a to, plax, Ocho.

What the hell is the deal?

yes. he is worse. might be hard to imagine - but, for each time leshoure fumbles at the goal line, kevin smith would fumble twice on the same play. think about it, by playing leshoure, they're cutting their goal line fumbles in HALF. pretty smart if you ask me

I've been saying that this is the most perplexing thing I have ever seen in football... Or at least in the last several years.

A productive player when healthy, playing on a team that does not have a star RB or an amazing amount of depth and this guy doesn't even see the field? I'm not saying start him if they feel leshoure is the future, but no touches at all? He can't help this team?

Not like he is a team cancer like a to, plax, Ocho.

What the hell is the deal?

The only thing I've seen more confusing over the past few years was the Jamaal Charles/Thomas Jones thing when Charles couldn't get on the field for more than 40% of the time.

The only thing I've seen more confusing over the past few years was the Jamaal Charles/Thomas Jones thing when Charles couldn't get on the field for more than 40% of the time.

That wasn't more confusing. Haley contended that he didn't believe Charles could handle a larger workload and he was too valuable to let him get hurt. So he played him, but sparingly. It was stupid, but there was an explanation for the decision.

Smith went from "the guy" to 4th string for several weeks, and now a healthy scratch for 2 weeks, all without any kind of explanation.

It doesn't make any sense, at all. I understand that the Lions are all-in on Leshoure, but for Smith to be unable to sniff the ball for 2 straight weeks, and then not even get a hat for 2 straight weeks defies all logic.

I'm speculating but maybe there are incentives in Smith's contract where he makes additional.money for suiting up or playing a certain % of snaps? Regardless, I think smith is a pretty decent running back when healthy and is a great fit for the lions offense.

You guys do realize that Leshoure played the Bears last night, right? I was thinking more like 25 yds rushing (a top RB would probably get 50). I was pretty shocked to see 67.

Gameplan. They had both safeties almost 20 yards deep to stop Megatron. Leshoure was seeing 6 and 7 men in the box all night. Bears did not really try to stop the run.

So if everyone is on Smith's jock, then what do you think he would've done better last night then Leshoure? I agree that with both Leshoure & Bell fumbling at inopportune times makes a case for Smith, but what else would he have brought to the table other than possible ball security? It's not like Smith is a dynamic back with a skill set that sets him apart from these two.

So if everyone is on Smith's jock, then what do you think he would've done better last night then Leshoure? I agree that with both Leshoure & Bell fumbling at inopportune times makes a case for Smith, but what else would he have brought to the table other than possible ball security? It's not like Smith is a dynamic back with a skill set that sets him apart from these two.

All that matters is that I finally dropped Kevin Smith last week. Rest assured he will be the new starter very soon.

All that matters is that I finally dropped Kevin Smith last week. Rest assured he will be the new starter very soon.

team chemistry

I'd imagine it has something to do with his injury history.

Option A) Invest in a running back that is going to break down eventually this season and miss games when you need him.

Option B.) Go with the younger option and try to make him the better long term player.

Short term, you want Kevin Smith. Long term you want Leshoure. I'd imagine the Lions are thinking long term.

Granted he's injury prone but he averaged 4.9 a carry last year and he has good hands. Just figured he would have been given more than two starts. Not to mention those starts came against the Ram and 49ers. Not many RB's putting up great numbers on those D's this year. As for last night, he couldn't have done any worse than Leshoure or Bell.

I don't know. The Detroit coaching staff isn't very impressive. Probably all too worried about aggressive handshakes or whatever. :dunno:

Schwartz is a moron extraordinaire. Probably ha a hard on for leahiure and now has to run him out there to prove it was a goo pick. For the record I think he's pretty decent and I doubt smith would be lighting the world on fire. Team as a whole is pretty terrible right now. But yeah, the logic likely lies somewhere in the stupidity of the mgmt there...

I had both Smith and Leshoure in my team. Finally dropped Smith last week. The Lions don't seem to know how to handle a running game. I would play Leshoure and Smith to lighten the load from Stafford and try to open things in the passing game. Smith is very good pass catcher and a safety valve, yet the Lions don't activate him. Bell is useless overall except at goal-line. Not worth keeping Smith at this point unless Leshoure or Bell are injured.