Sign in to follow this  
KryptonKnights

Megatron

I mean other than the Madden Curse, he''s not performing and Matthew Stafford seems to have caught the curse from him. I know he has a reported "sore knee" that kept him out of practice today. But is there anything more serious? I just received an offer of Megatron and Michael Bush for Demaryius Thomas and Alfred Morris. I don't want to accept the offer to find out that he has more than a sore knee. Any Detroit homers have more information about his condition?

5th in yards, 9th in catches and only 1 TD. He's not having that bad of a year, the lack of TD's doesn't help. He's had a bad case of the dropsies this year, along with a QB who is not in sync.

In my PPR league, he is 14th ranked WR. He's already had his BYE, with many before him have not. His game vs the Bears was bad, but the Bears are really good and the Lions O is not this year (so far).

I drafted him in the 8th spot out of 10. I am still happy with that decision.

I think the other owner is trying to get you on the namesake portion of that trade. Thomas & Morris have been great for many fantasy owners this season & Calvin has been a huge disappointment.

I'd love to have Megatron on my team but not at the sake of one of the most consistent running backs & wideouts this season.

I drafted Stafford as my starting QB and had Alex Smith as my bye week filler. I am sticking with Stafford.. at the same time, I just traded Bowe, Ballard, and Howlings for Megatron and Richardson (Rams) since I have Steven Jackson.

Currently ranked #1 out of 12 teams and hoping for a Detroit offensive turnaround with this trade.

I would not expect Megatron to bounce back this week against the Legion Of Boom. I benched Aaron Rogers the week he played Seattle's D and it was a smart move on my part. This might be a good week to play the check down against Seattle(LeShore). Too bad Detroit lost Burleson cause I expected him to out perform Megatron. Now that Nate is out, who is the slot for Detroit?

I would not expect Megatron to bounce back this week against the Legion Of Boom. I benched Aaron Rogers the week he played Seattle's D and it was a smart move on my part. This might be a good week to play the check down against Seattle(LeShore). Too bad Detroit lost Burleson cause I expected him to out perform Megatron. Now that Nate is out, who is the slot for Detroit?

Meh....I think the Seattle DB's are starting to get a little too puffed up and are due for a letdown. They do way too much talking.

I think the Legion of Boom goes home with another road loss this week.

Not going to lie, against a great secondary of the Seahawks, Megatron might not put numbers. I'm thinking of benching him for either Decker or Gordon. Decker was going to be my flex, but I'm thinking of picking up Dwyer and putting him there. Sound crazy?

QB: Matt Ryan

WRs: Cruz, Decker

RB: Ballard, McGahee

TE: Graham

Flex: Dwyer

Bench: Ridley, Megatron

NO Faith in Stafford at all. Sigh, but lol, who benches their 1st round pick? Getting a headache here.

Not going to lie, against a great secondary of the Seahawks, Megatron might not put numbers. I'm thinking of benching him for either Decker or Gordon. Decker was going to be my flex, but I'm thinking of picking up Dwyer and putting him there. Sound crazy?

NO Faith in Stafford at all. Sigh, but lol, who benches their 1st round pick? Getting a headache here.

Lol, but I can see once I bench Megatron, he's going to blow up for 30 points. I saw screw the running game and just let Stafford throw, so he can get into a rhythm.

You CAN'T bench Megatron for Jonathan Dwyer. Dwyer might not even start this week. I think you'd have trouble living with yourself if you bench Megatron and he goes off.

So I take it that the knee is not an issue. But I still can't see making the deal because of Alfred Morris primarily. He has been more consistent for me than all my other backs. DMC gives me motion sickness with his up and down production, Trent Richardson was putting up some steady production before his rib injury and Reggie Bush has had his up and down moments so Morris may be a deal breaker.

You CAN'T bench Megatron for Jonathan Dwyer. Dwyer might not even start this week. I think you'd have trouble living with yourself if you bench Megatron and he goes off.

Man, lol, I agree with you. But, apparently Dwyer is starting this weekend. His running the past weekend impressed me alot.

I don't care how poor he's been this season, you can't bench Johnson, even against a studly pass defense. He's always a threat to torch any team he faces.

I've been frustrated but it's only a matter of time

I agree with you. I've been thinking like you every week and he's been a disappointment, since I play in a TD heavy Fantasy league. If it wasn't for Victor Cruz every week, my WRs fantasy points would look terrible.

Rotoworld:

"Calvin Johnson (knee) was back at practice Thursday, as expected.

Nursing a sore knee, Johnson wouldn't have participated on Wednesday if the Lions practiced. He's is in danger of missing Sunday's game. Megatron should have added motivation for a bounce-back effort after Seahawks CB Richard Sherman changed his Twitter handle to "Optimus Prime" in anticipation of the matchup."

Madden curse plain and simple. Enjoy the rest of the season.

Ok on the flip side wr is such a volatile position that a few big games make a huge difference. Example, let's say he continues to suck all year but goes for 150 and 2 Tds 2 out of the last 3 gms. His stats would likely bump up to top 5 and we would all remark on how great a season he had even tho it was wildly inconsistent.

Uh oh. :unsure:

Calvin Johnson (knee) was downgraded to a missed practice on Friday.

Battling knee soreness, Johnson practiced on a limited basis yesterday. We've yet to see concern from the Lions coaches or beat writers that Megatron is in danger of missing this week's game. In fact, the Detroit Free Press writes that Johnson "will be fine for Sunday." Check back Friday afternoon to make sure he remains on track to play.

You would think he will start scoring, but he still has a tough schedule against the pass. Stafford needs to just chuck the rock to him.

Have to start him if he's on the field

Disagree. bad knee, erratic QB, no consistent running game, facing a good defense and he'll get worked by Optimus Prime, who may be Top 3 cover guy in the league right now.

Not saying he should be tied to your bench, but if you've got better matchups I don't believe he's a "must start" this week.

I think we may see Shaun Hill soon

As a Calvin owner, I sure hope so. Hill would be a starter for at least half of the teams in the league, and considering Stafford's propensity to throw sidearmed off his back foot and off target, Hill would be an upgrade for Detroit.

As a Calvin owner, I sure hope so. Hill would be a starter for at least half of the teams in the league

I'll give ya half of the teams in the NFC North but not sure about the entire NFL.

He picked it himself . That's how it all got started .

or Roy williams gave it to him.

I considered benching him in favor of Malcolm Floyd based on his knee and matchup. Just can't do it if he is playing. He is capable of 150 and 2 at anytime, against anybody.

Feel same way. I own Mega, Cruz, Decker, A Brown, and Cobb. Considering sitting him this week against tough def/corners, knee issues, and poor play from Stafford but I'm afraid he'll blow up for 40 pts.

I'll give ya half of the teams in the NFC North but not sure about the entire NFL.

Teams that would be better off with Hill as their starter, IMO, in no particular order:

1. DET (for arguments sake)

2. NYJ

3. KC

4. ARI

5. JAC

6. TEN (Hass or Locker)

7. SFO

8. SEA

9. MIA

10. MIN

Maybe...

11. CLE

12. STL

13. BUF

14. OAK

15. CAR

16. PHI

Is Hill better than some of those QBs? Of course not, but given the poor play of some of these guys (Cam, Vick, etc...) one could argue that he could step in and start on some of those teams and they would be better off.

Megatron would certainly benefit from a starting Hill, or Stafford if he decides to pull his head out of his a$$.

All I'm sayin is don't draft rg3 or Julio when they are on the madden cover next year. Don't know how many years u have to see to be convinced.

All I'm sayin is don't draft rg3 or Julio when they are on the madden cover next year. Don't know how many years u have to see to be convinced.

Sat him today! Glad he didn't blow up!

Why don't they just put a retired player on the cover each year ? Maybe any of the ones going to the Hall of Fame that year .