Sign in to follow this  
jhud423

McFadden

I think in most cases he is definitely a hold. And if he doesn't do well in KC he's still a hold. He's still healthy, still a freak athlete, why would you draw a line in the sand at week 8 if his value drops even lower? As most are saying, elite talents like Chris Johnson and McFadden are worth waiting for instead of giving them up for ¢.50 on the $1.00.

If he doesnt put up this week that could result in a loss for most teams who have him. I agree he does have a lot of upside but at the same time you need someone who has been putting up. You might not get the full amount of value for him but if you can get someone who has been putting up decent numbers then I think I would do it. Some people would still trade for him off his upside alone. However I would rather him be someone elses problem while I have a solid starter

If he doesnt put up this week that could result in a loss for most teams who have him. I agree he does have a lot of upside but at the same time you need someone who has been putting up. You might not get the full amount of value for him but if you can get someone who has been putting up decent numbers then I think I would do it. Some people would still trade for him off his upside alone. However I would rather him be someone elses problem while I have a solid starter

I see what you're saying and realize we look at FF differently. I'm willing to go down with the ship when it comes to freakishly talented players who have put up big numbers in the past.

I think I'd rather be either really explosive and great or really bad. I don't want to be in the middle. The middle will win you as much as being really bad most years. And I've made trades like that in the past only to be bitten by them in the playoffs which for many leagues is all that really matters. I understand you actually need to get to the playoffs before doing anything in them, but I'll take my chances with potential explosiveness over mediocrity.

If the Raiders can't run the ball at home against a piss poor JAX run D, I'm not sure you can view any opponent as an easy match up. Especially this week, a divisional opponent on the road (KC). Keep pointing to the schedule but at this point, I think the Raiders running game and blocking scheme is what it is, bad.

I think in most cases he is definitely a hold. And if he doesn't do well in KC he's still a hold. He's still healthy, still a freak athlete, why would you draw a line in the sand at week 8 if his value drops even lower? As most are saying, elite talents like Chris Johnson and McFadden are worth waiting for instead of giving them up for ¢.50 on the $1.00.

I'm not sure I could trade him anyway. Who are you going to get? No McCoy owner is going to give him straight up for McFadden, and he's the only one one of the big 3 RB that you can even have a hope of touching right now. You might be able to score someone like Reggie Bush (who also has a favorable schedule) or gamble on the new hype around Jonathan Stewart. But all "those" backs around the same point totals as McFadden don't have his game changing ability (short of Chris Johnson, who I'm still not buying). You might be able to get a scared and desperate Richardson owner to trade because of the injury, which is one of the few other backs I'd take, and the Browns have a decent schedule. McFadden has entered boom or bust territory, not much in between right now.

I'm not sure I could trade him anyway. Who are you going to get? No McCoy owner is going to give him straight up for McFadden, and he's the only one one of the big 3 RB that you can even have a hope of touching right now. You might be able to score someone like Reggie Bush (who also has a favorable schedule) or gamble on the new hype around Jonathan Stewart. But all "those" backs around the same point totals as McFadden don't have his game changing ability (short of Chris Johnson, who I'm still not buying). You might be able to get a scared and desperate Richardson owner to trade because of the injury, which is one of the few other backs I'd take, and the Browns have a decent schedule. McFadden has entered boom or bust territory, not much in between right now.

Would you take Ridley for him?

Would you take Ridley for him?

No. I just traded Ridley away in a combo deal. The other guy wanted McFadden instead of Ridley but I wouldn't do it and he settled for Ridley. So he wanted McFadden more than Ridley and I wanted to keep McFadden instead of Ridley, so that should answer your question.

No. I just traded Ridley away in a combo deal. The other guy wanted McFadden instead of Ridley but I wouldn't do it and he settled for Ridley. So he wanted McFadden more than Ridley and I wanted to keep McFadden instead of Ridley, so that should answer your question.

Well...that's one person. Ridley has been outperforming Stop DMC all year, so I doubt this sentiment is universal.

Particularly since the person to whom I've offered the trade is 0-7. :o

It's the same friggin play. Run up the middle.

Dmc is going to be a steal next year when they fire these coaches and he bounces back big time.

Dmc is going to be a steal next year when they fire these coaches and he bounces back big time.

Ssshhhhh. Keep it down in here

I'll take the overall stats but DMC looks nowhere near as explosive and even speedy as he did last year. O-line issues aside, the home run ability appears to be gone.

Oh well, just have to hope OAK keeps winning so DMC keeps getting opportunities v. the weak slate going forward.

I'll take the overall stats but DMC looks nowhere near as explosive and even speedy as he did last year. O-line issues aside, the home run ability appears to be gone.

Oh well, just have to hope OAK keeps winning so DMC keeps getting opportunities v. the weak slate going forward.

Two observations. First, as another post stated, the Oakland line can't get to the second level. Derrick Johnson was unblocked on virtually every play, so those runs up the middle were doomed. Second, DMC can't make anyone miss and cannot break a tackle, which LSUtiger implies in his post. But he did look fast on that 64 yarder against PIT when the seas parted and he had a hole to run through.

Ability gone? Hmm... Like he just woke up one day without it? Did his deal with Satan run out?

The dude gets hit in the backfield virtually every play. His line can't zone block and his offensive coordinator should be fired!

With all the things wrong with that franchise, why on earth would you change the one thing that was actually working well!

Ability gone? Hmm... Like he just woke up one day without it? Did his deal with Satan run out?

The dude gets hit in the backfield virtually every play. His line can't zone block and his offensive coordinator should be fired!

With all the things wrong with that franchise, why on earth would you change the one thing that was actually working well!

A lis franc injury could do that. We dont know how his foot feels.

He put up 17.7 pts in on PPR league and 18.7 in the other? That's not a bad day. 9th highest scoring RB this week (before the Monday night games obviously). I think people are whining a bit too much.

He put up 17.7 pts in on PPR league and 18.7 in the other? That's not a bad day. 9th highest scoring RB this week (before the Monday night games obviously). I think people are whining a bit too much.

I'm happy with the points but doesn't really ease my mind for the rest of the year.

The end result was good, but I think what is troubling people is the 13 carries for 16 yards stats in the early part of the game. Sure, he had a couple of 20 yard runs late, but if Oakland isnt winning, those runs never happen. And let's face it, Oakland isn't going to be winning very often.

He has the workload early for sure, but he cant get out of the backfield half the time.

I've watched DMC since his days at Arkansas. He's never looked as pedestrian as he has this year. Perhaps its the injury from last year, or the fact that he put on some weight to deal with the pounding, but he looks a step slower and much less explosive as in the past.

Like others have said, I'll take the end result, but he just doesn't look like the same player this year. For whatever reason.

I think with a power block scheme he knows where the hole is and hits it hard.

with the zone block, you need to wait for the play to develop more and it looks like he's still struggling with the reads. As such, he's being pedestrian and looking at the line waiting for a hole to open up.

not really his forte.

he may learn it, but he may not. I really think the zone scheme was a mistake for this team.