Sign in to follow this  
cbfalcon

New music I can't stop listening to

Not that any of you indie geeks at this forearm give a crap, but Kalmah's new album was officially released today. Been leaked for a couple of weeks though, if you have resources.

My favorite song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuaRUtqOgrU

First official video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EttDsjzqZ_4

Hell yeah. I love the pace they have. :headbanger:

^^This song was released onto youtube back in Sept of 2013 so it isn't exactly new, but I just heard it on the radio yesterday and I am already addicted.

This is a really good thread. Was a little disappointed to see I was the last person to post here back in early April. Come on fockers, keep the new sh't coming!

Going to a free Concert tonight in Raleigh put on by a local radio station.

Foals opens for Cage The Elephant

Looking forward to it. :thumbsup:

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.redhatamphitheater.com/event/cage-the-elephant-foals-j-roddy-walston-free-4934&sa=U&ei=zAFkU7_1I4aZO5W5gagP&ved=0CCwQFjAC&usg=AFQjCNHASpqARemt8r7vMMak6nAbD_2kcA

Foles is solid. I have been wanting to see Cage the Elephant for a while now but haven't found the time.

I am going to see Soundgarden and NIN in July. The opposite of new music, but I am still excited.

Couple songs I've been digging on the radio lately.

Big Data; Dangerous

Hooray for the riffraff; I know it's wrong

^^This song was released onto youtube back in Sept of 2013 so it isn't exactly new, but I just heard it on the radio yesterday and I am already addicted.

This is a really good thread. Was a little disappointed to see I was the last person to post here back in early April. Come on fockers, keep the new sh't coming!

:thumbsup: Hozier - just listening now - WOW! Gritty, soulful, stuff.

• unique and cool voice
  • fantastic, poingant, poetic lyrics
  • the music evokes emoiton

I'll add "The Work Song" to the growing list of songs I like:

Listened to a few of Hozier's songs..liked them a lot. Haven't heard much new stuff that I like lately. Seeing Arcade Fire tomorrow night.

Hozier...listened and loved it. Already preordered his album, which allowed me to download a few of those songs.

I'll also add, the new Spoon album may be my album of the year. It's called "They Want My Soul". I don't even know what song to post because I love every track. So I'll just pick what I think is the single since it has a video.

New album from Total Control is probably my favorite of 2014 so war. If you're at all a fan of what they call post punk (Wire, Joy Division, the Fall etc.) this is a must buy ... but I'm in pretty limited company there:

Eyes Of The Muse - King Tuff

Eyes Of The Muse - King Tuff

Didn't know that The Monkeys were still recording. huh

That's Monkees...unless you meant the Arctic Monkeys.

I love the bridge that starts at 1:46

This actually reminds me a lot of Apples In Stereo, who I really dig.

Somehow, I just got this on mp3. The guy that turned me onto this song died in a car accident, years ago.

Recently number 1 on billboards alt list. I kinda dig it, and looked around and apparently it's like 3 different bands. Since it became a hit, they have played it live, and since the lead singer can't really sing that high, they have a chick that sings it.

Live, looks really bad. They need to get their shiat together ...not sure who the female singer, in one video it looks like Kimbra. Dunno who Kimbra is? 1 sec.

You want new ... Here ya go:

What's interesting about this video, from a post production viewpoint, is they used a high speed camera for the shoot. But then when they slowed it down, she's in synch with the music at normal speed. Pretty neat trick, actually. That probably means she had to practice singing it at a faster speed to make the video.

That's at least better than ... what's her face ... that vapid, no talent, flat chested, fake blonde chick from No Doubt.

Couple songs I've been digging on the radio lately.

Big Data; Dangerous

Hooray for the riffraff; I know it's wrong

Will now check out the second song you listed.

Will now check out the second song you listed.

Did not like it as much.

That "Dangerous" song I heard on the radio, on the way back from Mcdonalds, weird time, weird station ... then googled "I bet you didn't know I'm dangerous." when I got home.

Dig it ... want to see Big Data, Joywave and Kimbra form a badass band and make more stuff like this.

And fyi ... i would have the seks ... with Kimbra. Sorry if that makes me a perv, but I would.

Fugly as all hell.

Still, she's 24, so that's a step in the right direction for you. :thumbsup:

Fugly as all hell.

Still, she's 24, so that's a step in the right direction for you. :thumbsup:

Blue eyes, and black hair ... i can't resist.

It was a con really ... my thesis. It was good enough to pass, but really the con part of it made it A plus. Nobody cared. Reviewed by pros in the field ... didn't get it.

It's built to confuse the camera, in the first place. She is moving at a speed, that later will be adjusted to fit the audio. IRL ... She is moving intentionally much slower than other people, so when I sped it up, she seemed more at a normal speed. My one strong suggestion to her during these long shots were, "If you have to blink, blink slowly." so when I sped it up, it looked like I had done an amazing job keying her and compositing her into that high speed shot ... but it wasn't keyed. None of it was keyed.

You could do the same thing, in reverse, if you had a talented subject that could go faster. See, Kimbra video.

They filmed some of those shots at high speed, in more than one way. You see, if you just shoot it at regular speed and slow it down, it gets choppy. So, you hafta shoot it at high speed, so it's not choppy when you slow it down, so it hasta be shot in high speed, so when you slow it down, it matches the music.

Another thing I told her, was "your hair can't move, when the train goes behind you."

Why? It makes it look keyed, but it isn't.

Was at one point, and i'm serious ... Supposed to be guys dreaming about sex with other guys.

Like how diverse could I prove myself to be ... also ghey was trendy ... but my homo neighbor cancelled at the last minute. Had to use some hetero friends as backups. Glad it worked out that way, actually. My Dad might have been confused.

Her boyfriend was like my first assistant. Made me feel obligated to put him in it. It's not very long, and it's not about him ... But he is an a shot where she is dreaming about him. That shot is keyed... and it's kinda obvious.

It's supposed to fock with ya ... If you know what to look for. I built it to confuse "experts in the field".

It's not great, I know ... but I got my point across.

Oh yea, Alyssa was like a natural, 42 D, also. Actually kinda messed up my first shot I did not account for her heaving breasteses as I sped up her breathing.

Thread ruined :(

Nooo ..... NOOOOO! did you listen to those songs and read my points of view? DAMNIT!

"i guess you didn't know someone could love you this much."

Pretty good.

Are you with me FBN? Did you watch the video? Who's with me, damnit!

Official:

Hey, at least I'm not posting child pron here anymore, right?

Information ... can be a bloody battle.

You pushed le tigre pretty hard so your cred pretty low right now. I have too much valuable time doing nothing at work to listen to all the songs.

You pushed le tigre pretty hard so your cred pretty low right now. I have too much valuable time doing nothing at work to listen to all the songs.

That was a prtty entertainjng Seinfeld clip though ... Yes?

Le Tigre, debut album ... top ten all time I think. Some pretty good songs, some kinda funny ... and then there was this:

Like, maybe in my top 5 all time. That song is focking amazing.

Also, seemed really fitting to listen to, as I drove my Jeep up,the coast to Seattle.

Yeah ... i have a personal relationship with that song, and that time. I rate it higher than you do. So, suck it.