Sign in to follow this  
Teetai09

Saints dumbest team in history

Absolutely the dumbest team in the history of football, how do you not use Sproles more? Can anyone explain this to me?

????????? I guess that this is one time it is appropriate to ask: Do you even watch football?

I've NEVER heard anyone call the Saints a 'dumb' franchise. Don't know where you are coming from here at all.

With 2 min remaining, Sproles stat line as a receiver is 7 - 56 - 1. In ppr that is 18.6 fpts. I'll take that any day. It seems to me that the Saints are using him just fine. You don't want to give the guy too many rushes when he goes 4 for -1 now do you?

Jerry Jones' Cowboys are getting up there.

I got a little less than what I was expecting from Sproles. I wanted 18.7.

Yes, they are the dumbest franchise. They brought in the sub-par Drew Brees to replace the HOF'er that was Aaron Brooks... Absolute morons, I say!

All of us are sad that Sproles only scored either 11 points standard scoring or 18 points in a PPR format for your team tonight. I'll make sure to email their OC a FU letter from you, Sir.

The dumbest franchise is San Diego. squandered talent and terrible moves the last 10 yrs or so.

Saints just got rolled by the coaching suspension. W Payton that team is above .500

Any team with a coach willing to name Brady Quinn as their unquestioned starter in 2012, and a GM that wouldn't immediately fire such a coach, would have to deserve strong consideration. And *insert something about giving Jamaal Charles 5 carries today*

...how do you not use P. Thomas more? Can anyone explain this to me?

Fixed. They should never waste downs on Ingram.

Absolutely the dumbest team in the history of football, how do you not use Sproles more? Can anyone explain this to me?

Or maybe... you're the dumbest owner in fantasy football for relying on Sproles?

Nothing can be explained! :ninja:

Current Bengals fan & former Vikings fan chiming in.

S#*t just got real, don't ever bring a knife to a gun fight.

End. Of. Story.

Not sure how much of last night was Peyton Manning looking awesome vs. Saints DEF being awful, but Sproles was used a ton. What game were you watching? Looked like Brees tried to force the ball to Graham a little too much even though Jimmy wasn't 100%. Their offense just didn't keep up, end of story.

I'm betting Peyton remembered watching from the sidelines last year as Brees and Co. ran up the score on his Colts 62-7 and was looking for a little payback.

Unlike most comments on here, I agree about Sproles' usage being a major head-scratcher.

Yeah, the guy had 7 catches. But he was clearly their best receiving option (giving fits to Broncos LB's) and was only given 9 targets. He only got 4 carries, none of which came in space.

Yeah, he got just -1 yards on his carries, but he averaged like 7 yards per carry last season and history of being pretty effective.

Really not sure why they don't give him more touches on a regular basis :dunno:

Not even a Sproles owner.

Current Bengals fan & former Vikings fan chiming in.

S#*t just got real, don't ever bring a knife to a gun fight.

End. Of. Story.

hahahha. when keepin it real goes wrong!

:first:

He only got 4 carries, none of which came in space.

memo to coaches, hand him the ball when there's lots of space! if the defense is nearby, abort!

He only got 4 carries, none of which came in space.

memo to coaches, hand him the ball when there's lots of space! if the defense is nearby, abort!

Never heard of pitches, sweeps, screens?

Some RB's are better between the tackles. Others are better on the outside, or as everyone around football says, "out in space".

2 of his 4 runs were around the right end. just about every pass thrown his way was intended to get him the ball in the flat/in the space you describe.

maybe 13 touches/targets is not enough. the vast majority of them were intended to get him the ball out wide. i can see the occassional inside touch for him to see if they can catch the defense cheating outside.

i was drawn to the post originally as i always find it funny that people proclaim a coaching staff stupid, because they're not catering to the posters own fantasy needs. i note you don't own sproles, though :cheers:

2 of his 4 runs were around the right end. just about every pass thrown his way was intended to get him the ball in the flat/in the space you describe.

maybe 13 touches/targets is not enough. the vast majority of them were intended to get him the ball out wide. i can see the occassional inside touch for him to see if they can catch the defense cheating outside.

i was drawn to the post originally as i always find it funny that people proclaim a coaching staff stupid, because they're not catering to the posters own fantasy needs. i note you don't own sproles, though :cheers:

No worries, the Broncos defense was certainly playing fast light night.

But anybody who follows the Broncos knows that their major weakness on D is the LB's dropping back in coverage. I assume the Saints knew this. And while 9 targets is a pretty decent amount for a RB, when he converts 7 of them for 56 yards and their only meaningful TD, you wonder why he didn't get 15-18 targets. Screens, diamond cuts out of the backfield (like the one he caught for a TD), etc.

And he's been very successful running the ball in the past - averaging 6.9 yards per carry last year. To think he didn't even receive a single carry until week 3 this year :shocking: And he's yet to exceed 7 carries or 13 touches in a single game :shocking: