Sign in to follow this  
cdogge

Over/under on # of Qtrs until we see Foles?

You can't teach stupid, it's in your genes...for the record, I'm not talking about vick, who's not that bright...talking about those who think Reid will hand reigns over to rook when he's fighting for his life...

You can't teach stupid, it's in your genes...for the record, I'm not talking about vick, who's not that bright...talking about those who think Reid will hand reigns over to rook when he's fighting for his life...

Does there need to be a disclaimer on every post disallowing delusional eagle fans from posting?

You truly have to be retarded if you don't think it's possible.

Does there need to be a disclaimer on every post disallowing delusional eagle fans from posting?

You truly have to be retarded if you don't think it's possible.

Anything is possible. But if you jumped out your window believing you can fly, I'd point at you and call you a retard

I'd be on alert for it happening after halftime if the Saints punch another one in here right quick and the Eagles don't respond.

What's up with all you guys thinking we're making this decision? It's merely a discussion over the ineptitude that is the Philadelphia Eagles.

Do you think we're making this sh*t up?

I think the Eagles had the right idea gunning it downfield early - that's what they need to do. But then Vick took a few hits and...

What's up with all you guys thinking we're making this decision? It's merely a discussion over the ineptitude that is the Philadelphia Eagles.

Do you think we're making this sh*t up?

He looks horrendous, ha for some time. His line does him no favors. But with Reid fighting for his job, it's idiotic he's gonna make a move. The alternative is not better. A rook behind that line, really??? I know eagle fans are in a tough spot and prolly too close to the heat to be rational but this makes no sense. If he was good to go till next year and beyond, sure it's possible he'd pull the trigger. But he will sink w Vick. Might be the end tomorrow tbh...but it don't make sense for HIM to get off Vickis season. No sense at all...

I want to see foles but i am a litle morr hesitant after how many sacks vick took. I think foles will throw the ball better but fear he may not have much time to do anything. Keeping your rookie qb from getting killed is a good reason to keep him on the sideline if you know vick is done after this year.

Reid did say after Monday’s loss that Vick will be the Eagles’ quarterback next week against Dallas, putting the early kibosh on calls for rookie Nick Foles. Honestly, though, with the way Philadelphia has blocked this season, even Randall Cunningham or Donovan McNabb in his prime would have difficult times saving this unit.

http://nfl.si.com/2012/11/06/reids-eagles-continue-to-come-unglued-stumble-against-saints-on-monday-night/

stupids

Reid did say after Monday’s loss that Vick will be the Eagles’ quarterback next week against Dallas, putting the early kibosh on calls for rookie Nick Foles. Honestly, though, with the way Philadelphia has blocked this season, even Randall Cunningham or Donovan McNabb in his prime would have difficult times saving this unit.

http://nfl.si.com/2012/11/06/reids-eagles-continue-to-come-unglued-stumble-against-saints-on-monday-night/

stupids

Reid could have just been saying that to get through the post game interview. He did he same thing when Kolb was coming back from the concussion. He said Kolb was their QB until late in the week and finally admitted that he was planning on starting Vick.

I don't see a good reason why Foles would be brought in to start right now.

If the offensive line wasn't so dreadful I could see a good opportunity for him to get some playing time, but it is a bit dangerous at this point with how porous the line is. Let Vick get the sh!t kicked out of him and then start Foles next year.

If the offensive line wasn't so dreadful I could see a good opportunity for him to get some playing time, but it is a bit dangerous at this point with how porous the line is. Let Vick get the sh!t kicked out of him and then start Foles next year.

Uh....if the OL wasn't so bad don't you think Vick would be a little better too?

Uh....if the OL wasn't so bad don't you think Vick would be a little better too?

Sure he would. He has been. But he's owed a $7 mil bonus come February that, barring a deep playoff run, they aren't going to pay. They'll bring in a free agent who will beat out Foles for the job next year. They'll be awful again, and Foles will get a chance to play, looking awful trying to lead an awful team. FA flops, Foles flops, and they're top draft pick bound within 3 years.

Sure he would. He has been. But he's owed a $7 mil bonus come February that, barring a deep playoff run, they aren't going to pay. They'll bring in a free agent who will beat out Foles for the job next year. They'll be awful again, and Foles will get a chance to play, looking awful trying to lead an awful team. FA flops, Foles flops, and they're top draft pick bound within 3 years.

Gimme a break. Look at your team's record since 2000. What the hell are you complaining about?

Gimme a break. Look at your team's record since 2000. What the hell are you complaining about?

What the hell are you talking about? Where did I complain? Hell, I agreed with you that Vick has and would be better behind a better line. Just that they won't have the luxury of finding out because it would be foolish to pay Vick $7 mil just to see if maybe 2010 was reality and everything else we've seen was the aberration.

I'm delighted with what the Eagles have done under Reid. Been very vocal in my support in past years, in the face of a fan base and outsiders screaming about his inability to win a Super Bowl. I've been around for the crappiest Eagles teams in history going back to the late 60's and early 70's. It's been great coming into the season feeling like you have a real chance at your team winning.

I'm also on record, in these forums and elsewhere, as having opposed the Kolb trade because I didn't think Vick would hold up physically and I thought a genuine competition would reveal who had the makeup to take the team farther. I also looked at their inability to develop QB's since they drafted McNabb, and didn't like the notion of an untested as the last line behind the sure-to-be-injured Vick. Not that Kolb would have fared any better behind the current line, but that's more a product of injury than anything else.

Even last year I was willing to support their plan, hoping an off season and some adversity would cause the talent to come together.

It hasn't. This year it's become apparent that the current approach is a failure. From the front office who overvalued players, to the coaching staff which hasn't developed the talent nor been able to put together successful game plans, to the players on both sides of the ball, it's a failure. O-line injuries have been devastating, but the O-line doesn't miss tackles, fail to hold onto the ball in situations where an NFL player HAS to hold onto the ball, doesn't blow coverages, doesn't drop passes, etc.

So I'll continue to support them when they fire Andy, let Vick go rather than pay him $7 mil, bring in a veteran FA who I believe will beat out Foles, watch both fail behind a line that needs massive overhaul and a defense that gets worse with each passing week, and end up lottery bound. Not a complaint. A likely reality for a team in this bad a shape.

Marcus Vick tweeting they want a trade!!! What a ###### show...if owner had even 1/3 a brain he'd fire the walrus and do something with Vick. Who the F is going to trade for him?!?

This ^.

Without a doubt Vick would be at least a little better. Any QB can look competent behind a pro bowl offensive line. But yeah Vick would be a little better if his O line was a little better. I still would like to see Foles play and think within a year he could be a better QB than Vick.

What the hell are you talking about? Where did I complain? Hell, I agreed with you that Vick has and would be better behind a better line. Just that they won't have the luxury of finding out because it would be foolish to pay Vick $7 mil just to see if maybe 2010 was reality and everything else we've seen was the aberration.

I'm delighted with what the Eagles have done under Reid. Been very vocal in my support in past years, in the face of a fan base and outsiders screaming about his inability to win a Super Bowl. I've been around for the crappiest Eagles teams in history going back to the late 60's and early 70's. It's been great coming into the season feeling like you have a real chance at your team winning.

I'm also on record, in these forums and elsewhere, as having opposed the Kolb trade because I didn't think Vick would hold up physically and I thought a genuine competition would reveal who had the makeup to take the team farther. I also looked at their inability to develop QB's since they drafted McNabb, and didn't like the notion of an untested as the last line behind the sure-to-be-injured Vick. Not that Kolb would have fared any better behind the current line, but that's more a product of injury than anything else.

Even last year I was willing to support their plan, hoping an off season and some adversity would cause the talent to come together.

It hasn't. This year it's become apparent that the current approach is a failure. From the front office who overvalued players, to the coaching staff which hasn't developed the talent nor been able to put together successful game plans, to the players on both sides of the ball, it's a failure. O-line injuries have been devastating, but the O-line doesn't miss tackles, fail to hold onto the ball in situations where an NFL player HAS to hold onto the ball, doesn't blow coverages, doesn't drop passes, etc.

So I'll continue to support them when they fire Andy, let Vick go rather than pay him $7 mil, bring in a veteran FA who I believe will beat out Foles, watch both fail behind a line that needs massive overhaul and a defense that gets worse with each passing week, and end up lottery bound. Not a complaint. A likely reality for a team in this bad a shape.

The offensive line looks a heck of a lot better with Jason Peters, Jason Kelce, and Todd Herremans than it does with King Dunlap, Dallas Reynolds, Demetrius Bell, and Dennis Kelly/Danny Watkins. The RG position is the only position I would consider a big weakness next year. Before the Peters injury, the Eagles were considered a top 5 unit in the NFL by some.

The Eagles are $20 million under the salary cap, which I believe is the most in the NFL. Obviously they need some major changes, but I think they have the ability to do some things next offseason. The hard part is some of the problems are with their high contract guys not producing. They need to probably rid themselves of some of these guys. Hopefully the new coach has a big say because I don't know how much I trust Howie Roseman from what we've seen so far. The draft has killed this team over the last several years as well.

I'd be interested who that "veteran" QB would be. Jason Campbell, Tavaris Jackson, Matt Moore, and Drew Stanton appear to be the best 2013 free agents (other than Flacco who I assume will be franchised if not signed). I know you have written Foles off already, but I'm not sure if any of them would be worth putting out there over seeing what they have in Foles. If Foles is as bad as you think he is, they should bottom out again, and hopefully get another high pick in a QB class that is hopefully better than 2013 class appears to be.