Sign in to follow this  
caliente12

Job as Commish?

A valid reason why girlfriends or wives dont play fantasy football. This is more venting but I need some of your psychological input to swing this around.

TEAM A gets

DEZ BRYAN, DOUG MARTIN

TEAM B gets

MALCOLM FLOYD, Injured DMC

TEAM A (5-4)---Commissioner's Girlfriend

BREES

AP

BUSH

WELKER

JACKSON

FLOYD

GRAHAM

Bench

DMC

Heath

etc...

Team B (2-7)----Commissioner's friend

Romo

McCoy

Morris

Stevie J.

Dez Bryant

Larry Fitz

Dustin Keller

Bench

Doug Martin

J stew

So this trade got accepted today. Commissioner does not want to veto it. His girlfriend is pissed (that im trying to get it veto'd)

The rest of us are paying money into this league and 3 already have crap records 2-7 and stopped caring. So there goes the league votes.

A valid reason why girlfriends or wives dont play fantasy football. This is more venting but I need some of your psychological input to swing this around.

TEAM A gets

DEZ BRYAN, DOUG MARTIN

TEAM B gets

MALCOLM FLOYD, Injured DMC

TEAM A (5-4)---Commissioner's Girlfriend

BREES

AP

BUSH

WELKER

JACKSON

FLOYD

GRAHAM

Bench

DMC

Heath

etc...

Team B (2-7)----Commissioner's friend

Romo

McCoy

Morris

Stevie J.

Dez Bryant

Larry Fitz

Dustin Keller

Bench

Doug Martin

J stew

So this trade got accepted today. Commissioner does not want to veto it. His girlfriend is pissed

The rest of us are paying money into this league and 3 already have crap records 2-7 and stopped caring. So there goes the league votes.

Little history... Commissioner already traded Adrian Peterson to Team A for Fred Jackson (immidiately after he got injured), and she got steven ridley week 2 for free that she traded for DMC before he got injured.

Team B has McCoy and Morris while DMC is injured so I can see that. Could think he's selling high on Martin. But at 2-7...... Hnmmmm

I'm ready to offer up some psychological imput...as soon as I figure out what the hell it is.

And why would the girlfriend be pissed? Didn't she offer or accept this trade?

I'm so confused.

I'm ready to offer up some psychological imput...as soon as I figure out what the hell it is.

And why would the girlfriend be pissed? Didn't she offer or accept this trade?

I'm so confused.

The girlfriend is pissed that im trying to get this veto'd

Psychological input, lol Maybe i can throw a fit for commish to overturn it, play reverse psychology, or maybe tell him his girlfriend is spoiled... I dont know what to say to get this overturned

1st of all, explain why you're vetoing this trade.

2nd thing, did she get to play for free or did she pay the same as all the other owners in the league?

3rd thing, how'd she get Steven Ridley for free before she traded him for DMC?

Caliente, gotcha.

I can see why she's pissed. She's making out like a bandit.

Has the 2-7 team been eliminated from playoff contention? If so, no way that this deal should go down.

Unless you know where the commish lives, and can threaten him with violence, there really isn't much you can do, unfortunately.

Looks like a completely BS trade. Selling a Top 5 RB for a underperforming back that just got injured and could be out for weeks - and taking a similar WR (at best). Unless the 2-7 teams has a great explanation as to why he dumped Martin, it smells like collusion.

If the commish doesn't reverse the trade, dump all your players on the WW and walk away - after punching the commish square in the face in front of his girlfriend.

If the commish doesn't reverse the trade, dump all your players on the WW and walk away - after punching the commish square in the face in front of his girlfriend.

... and four kids.

I don't understand why Team B is 2-7 with that roster. Not spectacular, but not bad.

cause team B has

Bench

Doug Martin. Obviously hes an idiot if hes starting Morris over Martin

work a deal with the next best team in the league and start trading your players to him (or his to yours) for nothing...win the championship, split the money, then do the needful and commence punching of faces.

work a deal with the next best team in the league and start trading your players to him (or his to yours) for nothing...win the championship, split the money, then do the needful and commence punching of faces.

As always the voice of reason ....and integrity.

cause team B has

Bench

Doug Martin. Obviously hes an idiot if hes starting Morris over Martin

If he was starting Morris the last 3 weeks over Martin he was losing out but before that Morris was dominating Martin.

Read a stat that said Martin was benched in 19 percent of leagues. This isn't due entirely to "bonehead" owners but probably a lot of teams who have him as their RB3. This is just an example but I saw one poster on this site who didn't start Martin this past week due to having Rice & Forte. Can't fault him for benching Martin especially after Tampa lost Carl Nicks for the season & those two options ahead of him.

How much was league entry? I hope not $100 or more.

Depending on your record, if they won't overturn this blatantly collusional trade, I'd trade all your best players to another team for nothing. And not play next year of course (league sounds pretty bad anyway if a bunch of teams aren't paying attention enough to vote/say anything). There's really not much else you can do.

And of course...

go over to HER house and punch HER in the face in front of her boyfriend and kids.

As a co-commish of two leagues, i can say there is no way in hell i'd ever late a trade like that go through. Clearly the commish in this case has ceded has cajones to his GF. I'd bail on the league. Make as many one-sided trades as you can and then exit.

If Martin was his #3 I could see selling him to upgrade somewhere else. But Floyd for Dez is not an upgrade. If the GF had offered VJax or Welker then I'd let it go, but as it is (and considering a 2-7 team is doing the dumping) this has to be a veto.

1. Did you know commissioner's girlfriend was in the league when you joined? If no, skip to No. 3

2. You're surprised? You didn't see this coming? You didn't suggest a few ground rules up front? Skip to No. 4.

3. Don't focus on the trade, focus on whether they should be trading anything other than body fluids. Skip to No. 5.

4. Knock on your own front door. Punch yourself in the nose in front of your wife and kids. Live with it.

5. Knock on commissioner's door, punch him in the nose in front of his girlfriend and his cat. Live with it.