Sign in to follow this  
Marckus

FF Etiquette: Bye Week Players

Is there unwritten rule when a team drop his/her bye week players for fill-in spot and the other team swoops in and take that player?

No. If someone drops a player due to a bye week, it's all fair game for whoever wants to pick up that player.

Bye week fillers and add and drops are all part of the game. Take away the strategy aspect of FF, then it become no fun at all.

What you've just asked is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent question were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

But seriously, what kind of fantasy football league allows teams to drop players on a bye only to pick them up afterwards. You've got to draft with bye weeks in mind.

Hell no!

Someone dropped Tynes & I grabbed him. I know he's a kicker but he's scored 114 pts. so far this season in that league. That's averages to 11.4 pts a week - better than a lot of #2 RB/WR's in this same league!

Dunno if it'll continue but I'll take the chance.

I hope you are asking because someone is complaining to you when you did it, not the other way around. If you are the one upset by someone picking up someone you drop, then grow a sac.

:music_guitarred:

Oh good - my other side of me says not to do it and since most are in agreement then it shouldn't be problem if I pick-up Lawrence "on the money" Tynes!

Oh good - my other side of me says not to do it and since most are in agreement then it shouldn't be problem if I pick-up Lawrence "on the money" Tynes!

You are quite the idiotic fellow.

Please do yourself and everyone else in this forum a favor and just log out of your account.

You are quite the idiotic fellow.

Please do yourself and everyone else in this forum a favor and just log out of your account.

Hey now.. Engrish may not be this dude's first language. I was rather impressed with his use and proper spelling of the word Etiquette in his subject line. :clap:

All your confusion are belong to us.

you have made my day Sir...

bravo and Gods Speed.

What you've just asked is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent question were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Okay, a simple "wrong" would've done just fine. :)

Wow this guy is definitely a rookie. Of course it's fine to pick up whoever is a free agent. It's even more satisfying when the pickup will piss someone else off. If you wanna carry two kickers this week go ahead and pick up Tynes.

Somebody set us up the bomb.

Yoda, is that you?

Is there unwritten rule when a team drop his/her bye week players for fill-in spot and the other team swoops in and take that player?

nope.

any dropped player is fair game.

But seriously, what kind of fantasy football league allows teams to drop players on a bye only to pick them up afterwards. You've got to draft with bye weeks in mind.

Beat me to it!

A guy in my league dropped LB Chad Greenway this week because he was on a BYE. I noticed that Greenway was the third leading scoring LB in our league, made a spot for him, and grabbed him for next week and beyond . And then i slept like a baby that night.

Leagues should have some sort of mechanism built in so that you aren't forced to drop good players because of a bye. Some leagues do that by allowing you to have larger rosters, my league does it by allowing you to deactivate one player on your roster without dropping him, there are some different options.

But no, there is no unwritten rule regarding dropped players. They are always fair game.

If you go through an entire fantasy football season and you feel that you haven't screwed over somebody in your league at least once, then consider your entire season a failure.