Sign in to follow this  
Canadianfan

Danario Alexander

Lets discuss this character. I know nothing about him but his last 2 weeks have been redic, homers do we have ourselves the new VJax or are we dreaming?

I've watched him 1 play, his 2nd touchdown last week. It was an excellent catch, and he's big. Probably starting him this week over Julio Jones and Mike Williams.

He has the size and skills to be another Megatron. The problem is he also has the knees of a 65 year old man. Enjoy the points while you can (I picked him up too) but it is only a matter of time before he is hurt again.

DX always flashed when on the field for the Rams, but his big problem was staying on the field during his 2+ years there. It's hard to believe that the Rams gave up on him. Hopefully, the change of scenery gets him past the injury bug and he can string a few monster seasons together.

The only thing that could hold him back are his knees.

I could have picked him up this week but chose TY Hilton instead. I just factored in the injury risk potential with DX.

I just picked him up after he cleared waivers in what is typically a competitive 12 team .5 ppr league.

Currently thinking of flexing him over Sproles. Right the hot hand right?

I don't know about "lucky", but I did notice that he abused some midget cornerback on both of his TDs last week while Champ Bailey was locked up on Malcolm Floyd. It will be interesting to see how much longer that lasts before teams start shifting their better cover guys to Alexander.

11 targets last week is pretty telling. I am starting him over Fitz :ninja:

DX recently said his left knee (the troublesome one) feels just like his right knee now. Somehow, I managed to land him on all of my redraft teams and he will be getting the start in just about every league this week. The kid is an incredible talent, so he's probably not leaving any of my lineups anytime soon.

Thought I was screwed last week with Cruz and Peterson on bye. Plugged Reece in at RB, and benched Sproles on Sunday for Alexander... Didn't miss either of them.

Got him in over a gimpy Harvin. As others have said, he's got awesome physical talent but been plagued by injuries. Empirical evidence suggests that the injury part is doing well. Sure he could get hurt again, but so could any player. :dunno:

The only thing that could hold him back are his knees.

I could have picked him up this week but chose TY Hilton instead. I just factored in the injury risk potential with DX.

You picked Hilton over Alexander? Injury risk, sure, but there is only 4-5 weeks left in most fantasy leagues. I think people are putting too much into his injury risk considering how much season is left.

I don't know about "lucky", but I did notice that he abused some midget cornerback on both of his TDs last week while Champ Bailey was locked up on Malcolm Floyd. It will be interesting to see how much longer that lasts before teams start shifting their better cover guys to Alexander.

He had a 20 yard completion on champ as well.

He had a 20 yard completion on champ as well.

I agree, he has been fortunate to be considered number 2 and thus not get the better CB. If and when this changes, let's talk.....if he survives that long.

I agree, he has been fortunate to be considered number 2 and thus not get the better CB. If and when this changes, let's talk.....if he survives that long.

We shall see, but his upside is higher then any guy on the waivers and could be top 10 WR down the stretch. Waivers have been pretty thin this year so who knows, maybe he is the one who breaks out.