Sign in to follow this  
DrMantisToboggan

Is Julio ok to start?

glad i started him in all leagues i had him :headbanger:

I started Julio at the last seconds. I was going with Marcel Reece but heard that Julio looked good in warm ups and in practice. Thank goodness cause Lynch and Perterson areent doing much for me today.

I have Julio (and Harvin) so I'm faced with going with Blackmon and Torrey Smith as one or both of my WR's if I decide to sit Julio. I can't afford a repeat of last week as this is a must win game or I'm out of the playoffs. Unless there are positive updates this morning, I am going to bench Julio.

I'm so glad I heard more positive news this morning and put Julio in! :headbanger:

:overhead: :overhead: :overhead: :overhead:

You guys are crazy. U didn't draft Julio to sit on ur bench. Never sit your studs...if he is playing assume doctors know more than u. PLAY HIM! I wish I had that option...I have to play DX and blackmon cause Lloyd and Wallace are unplayable right now.

Hate to say this guys but....told u so.

ha, looks like no one had the balls to sit him. Lucky us.

I sat him. Won anyway so it doesn't matter. At least one of my opponents sat him too. In general better teams probably sat him. I will sit him next week most likely too. Especially if Ben comes back so I can start Wallace with confidence.

I sat him. Won anyway so it doesn't matter. At least one of my opponents sat him too. In general better teams probably sat him. I will sit him next week most likely too. Especially if Ben comes back so I can start Wallace with confidence.

Planning to sit him against the Saints? Pff, prayers sent.

Sure, Julio hasn't met preseason expectations. But he's still a top 10 WR after this week. Not sure why you'd sit him. :dunno:

As for "better" teams sitting him yesterday? I doubt it. More conservative owners sat him....not better. He was trending in the right direction all week, and the last little tidbit right before kickoff about him looking good should have sealed it for a lot of us.

Good luck with Wallace next week.

Sure, Julio hasn't met preseason expectations. But he's still a top 10 WR after this week. Not sure why you'd sit him. :dunno:

As for "better" teams sitting him yesterday? I doubt it. More conservative owners sat him....not better. He was trending in the right direction all week, and the last little tidbit right before kickoff about him looking good should have sealed it for a lot of us.

The last tidbit before kickoff was that he may only play in certain situations, ie being on snapcount. I benched him because I figured he was only going to get a % of normal snaps, might be ineffective and was likely to aggravate the injury. Sure wish I had left him in. I've got my team ready to turn the corner and probably won't make the playoffs.

The last tidbit before kickoff was that he may only play in certain situations, ie being on snapcount. I benched him because I figured he was only going to get a % of normal snaps, might be ineffective and was likely to aggravate the injury. Sure wish I had left him in. I've got my team ready to turn the corner and probably won't make the playoffs.

I'm in the same boat. If I had left Julio in and played Newton instead of Palmer I'd be in like flim. Now unless the Panthers D/ST score about 20 I'm out of the playoffs. Makes me sick.

I think Jeff Darlington tweeted Julio looked just fine during warmups and that a Falcon source said he looked good all week. I think that info was reported within an hour before kickoff.

It was a gut call. He could just as easily have caught 3 balls for 36 yards and exited in the 4th. I was kind of thinking the same way you were....even when I put him in my starting lineup. But I'm losing confidence in Denarius Moore aka, Mr. Garbage Time so I stuck with Julio. It paid off, but I got lucky he played so well. I wasn't expecting it....no one could have predicted it. It's just that I figured, at worst, Julio would be the lesser evil compared to Moore.

I'm in the same boat. If I had left Julio in and played Newton instead of Palmer I'd be in like flim. Now unless the Panthers D/ST score about 20 I'm out of the playoffs. Makes me sick.

I'm left hoping that Steve Smith scores 18 or less tonight or my season effectively ends. The 16 pts I would have netted leaving him in would likely have ensured that I make the playoffs with my team peaking at the right time. :angry:

I'm left hoping that Steve Smith scores 18 or less tonight or my season effectively ends. The 16 pts I would have netted leaving him in would likely have ensured that I make the playoffs with my team peaking at the right time. :angry:

You're not alone in feelings of helpless desperation and disappointment. Next year can't come soon enough.

Better teams as in high playoff seeds and deeper teams. I had an opponent that sat Julio too in another league.

Anyway I don't have Wallace in that league, I misspoke (I have him in another one). My WRs are DX, Cobb, Nicks, Brown and Julio. DX and Cobb were both very hot and you couldn't really bench them. Nicks did fine and I was higher on him anyway. Going forward who would I even bench? I had Garcon but had to cut him (for DX, turns out not to have been a bad move in retrospect and it meant getting DX before anybody else really noticed him in my league).

It's all dependent on your situation and your gut feeling. We will all be wrong sometimes, and we hope to also be right sometimes. My general philosophy is I like to get the sure points, as sure as is possible in fantasy. I didn't have confidence in Julio last week, and don't even have it for him next week at home. I also like the other guys I have anyway. I shoulda traded Julio for Gore early on in the season, but by the time I wanted to do that the offer was off the table.

ha, looks like no one had the balls to sit him. Lucky us.

I sat him as well unfortunately. Played Hillman in place of him instead, which was an epic failure.

Thankfully my opponents team sh1t the bed with both Austin & DHB collecting goose eggs apiece & I already have won my week with Luke Kuechly as my IDP tonight.

I can't believe how lucky I was in getting this win which secured me the #1 seed & 1st round bye. Here's what my bench looked like:

RGIII - 34.34

J. Jones - 30.7

Vereen - 21.3

Leshoure - 13.9

Wanted to gouge my eyes out up until last night when my match was settled. Phew!

I think it might have been the exact opposite. Better teams probably started him because they could afford a repeat of last week either due to having a playoff spot locked or having a markedly better team than their opponent. Lesser teams that were fighting for a playoff spot may have sat him because they could not afford 3 for 30 so if they had a safer, 15 point guy, they probably went that route.

I own Julio in 3 leagues. Started him in all 3 because I'm either locked to a playoff spot with a strong lineup or in one league my team has been laughably injured/bad and I have no playoff hopes.

Agree with all of this. I got sucked up into the Julio hype. He was a target of mine even before his monster preseason but I did bump him up half a round. While he has not lived up to top 3 billing, he was 16th in PPR scoring before this week and i'm sure he will be moving up. That makes him a top end WR2 with clear WR1 potential in 12 team leagues.

To be fair though, the earliest i drafted him was early round 3 of a 14 team league. Some people who took him early round 2 or late round 1 might be bitter.

the news of him playing on a snapcount was early Sunday. By 12:15 or so it was reported that he looked fine in warmups.

I think it might have been the exact opposite. Better teams probably started him because they could afford a repeat of last week either due to having a playoff spot locked or having a markedly better team than their opponent. Lesser teams that were fighting for a playoff spot may have sat him because they could not afford 3 for 30 so if they had a safer, 15 point guy, they probably went that route.

I own Julio in 3 leagues. Started him in all 3 because I'm either locked to a playoff spot with a strong lineup or in one league my team has been laughably injured/bad and I have no playoff hopes.

Sure, that's one way to look at it. The argument the other way is that better teams are deeper, so they have other players to plug in, and that better teams don't need boom players to win a game so they just take the consistent scoring instead.

My fantasy philosophy has always been to put up consistent scoring. That's how I draft and that's pretty much how I set my lineups. I want the guy that scores 10 pts a game with the occasional 20 pt game over a guy that will score 3 pts a game or 30. The former guy will likely outscore the latter anyway over a season. Julio is pretty much the very picture of the type of player I can't stand. I also don't like Jamaal Charles, Stevan Ridley and Torrey Smith. When I draft these guys usually I try to trade them after big games, but sometimes I get stuck with them. I fell for the Julio hype myself, but since I generally diversify a bit and like to have at least two leagues (usually a bit more than that) I fortunately only have Julio in one league and have similar ADP guys that I like better in Welker, Wallace, Brandon Marshall.

Next year I will still probably draft Julio in at least one league, although I would prefer him in round 4 or later rather than round 3 or higher. In that league actually I have Nicks but obviously he has had his struggles too. You don't want to stick too many potentially low scoring WRs in at one time, and I chose Nicks over Julio for this week (but probably he will get injured again soon enough so it won't be a choice anymore).

Sure, that's one way to look at it. The argument the other way is that better teams are deeper, so they have other players to plug in, and that better teams don't need boom players to win a game so they just take the consistent scoring instead.

My fantasy philosophy has always been to put up consistent scoring. That's how I draft and that's pretty much how I set my lineups. I want the guy that scores 10 pts a game with the occasional 20 pt game over a guy that will score 3 pts a game or 30. The former guy will likely outscore the latter anyway over a season. Julio is pretty much the very picture of the type of player I can't stand. I also don't like Jamaal Charles, Stevan Ridley and Torrey Smith. When I draft these guys usually I try to trade them after big games, but sometimes I get stuck with them. I fell for the Julio hype myself, but since I generally diversify a bit and like to have at least two leagues (usually a bit more than that) I fortunately only have Julio in one league and have similar ADP guys that I like better in Welker, Wallace, Brandon Marshall.

Next year I will still probably draft Julio in at least one league, although I would prefer him in round 4 or later rather than round 3 or higher. In that league actually I have Nicks but obviously he has had his struggles too. You don't want to stick too many potentially low scoring WRs in at one time, and I chose Nicks over Julio for this week (but probably he will get injured again soon enough so it won't be a choice anymore).

i get where youre coming from but funny that you avoid boom/bust guys but went after Wallace.

anyways, im in 6 leagues and own julio in 3. drafted him in 2 and traded for in the other.

i can go either way. sometimes i like to field steady lineups and sometimes i like to go for the booms. But usually i target players who i know will have more Booms than busts. Julio actually hasn't had that many busts week 2, 4 and 11 in PPR formats. He's had 4 booms and 4 games where he was passable to good (10-18 pts)

i get where youre coming from but funny that you avoid boom/bust guys but went after Wallace.

anyways, im in 6 leagues and own julio in 3. drafted him in 2 and traded for in the other.

i can go either way. sometimes i like to field steady lineups and sometimes i like to go for the booms. But usually i target players who i know will have more Booms than busts. Julio actually hasn't had that many busts week 2, 4 and 11 in PPR formats. He's had 4 booms and 4 games where he was passable to good (10-18 pts)

Wallace has been pretty steady this year overall. You can't really blame him for Batch. In standard leagues Julio has something like 6 single digit games (and 6 double digit games). Pretty much the definition of boom or bust.

I've let you guys talk me into starting Julio, right now he's in my lineup over DX. At this point it doesn't really matter too much how I perform the next 2 weeks, but I'd still rather win games. The 2/3 seed distinction doesn't matter at all in my league since they play each other, but I guess I still have a shot at the 1 seed. Maybe Julio will be the difference!

Wallace has been pretty steady this year overall. You can't really blame him for Batch. In standard leagues Julio has something like 6 single digit games (and 6 double digit games). Pretty much the definition of boom or bust.

I've let you guys talk me into starting Julio, right now he's in my lineup over DX. At this point it doesn't really matter too much how I perform the next 2 weeks, but I'd still rather win games. The 2/3 seed distinction doesn't matter at all in my league since they play each other, but I guess I still have a shot at the 1 seed. Maybe Julio will be the difference!

In standard scoring leagues, wrs as a whole are inconsistent. They end up relying too much on touchhdowns which are hard to predict. Guys get two in one game and non the next four. Part of the reason I've always preferred ppr. And in ppr, julio has been a lot more consistent. 8 decent to great games out of 11.

I think he is a must start against new Orleans. Actually I think he is a must start every game is healthy but even the conservative owners have to like him this week

Wallace has had 4 double digit games versus 7 single digit. Even before the Big Ben injury, he was 4 and 4.....which seems to be the very definition of boom/bust in your book. Add to that he's only had one 100 yard game, and you realize he needs TDs to reach double digits. TDs are pretty fickle and it's tough to win if you're relying on a guy scoring TDs to post a decent day.

Julio has 6 double digit days versus 5 single digit (only 11 games played so far). He's had 4 games of 100+ yards. Even if he doesn't score a TD, he might post double digits via yardage totals....which are much more stable compared to TD totals.

I get that some folks just don't like certain players. We're all like that. Just pointing out what the numbers say. :dunno:

Wallace has had 4 double digit games versus 7 single digit. Even before the Big Ben injury, he was 4 and 4.....which seems to be the very definition of boom/bust in your book. Add to that he's only had one 100 yard game, and you realize he needs TDs to reach double digits. TDs are pretty fickle and it's tough to win if you're relying on a guy scoring TDs to post a decent day.

Julio has 6 double digit days versus 5 single digit (only 11 games played so far). He's had 4 games of 100+ yards. Even if he doesn't score a TD, he might post double digits via yardage totals....which are much more stable compared to TD totals.

I get that some folks just don't like certain players. We're all like that. Just pointing out what the numbers say. :dunno:

Julio Jones single digit games:

Wallace:

We've agreed to give Wallace a mulligan on the last 2 (I think we did anyway). Jones has 3 absolute stinkers whereas Wallace really only has the one. 9.7 and 7.4 aren't going to lose you games, but 1.5 and 3.0 type ones do too. But I am willing to concede they are closer in that regard, but what tips the scale is you got Wallace an entire round or two later or more than Julio. Julio is far more likely to be drafted as your WR1 than Wallace is, who is fine for WR2.

I like Julio as a WR2 at a Round 4 or later ADP, not as a WR1 at round 3 or higher.

You know, there is some skill in fantasy football. Not much, but some. I should have stuck with my original call, since you people suck at fantasy football. I have to do a better job not posting my starting decisions on here, because you idiots will manage to convince me to go along with your stupidity if I do.

You know, there is some skill in fantasy football. Not much, but some. I should have stuck with my original call, since you people suck at fantasy football. I have to do a better job not posting my starting decisions on here, because you idiots will manage to convince me to go along with your stupidity if I do.

First of all, take responsibility for your own decisions. You went with Julio against one of the most pass friendly defenses in the league. It was the right call. If you thought differently you should have went with your gut instead of the crowd. Ultimately, that makes you the idiot....idiot.

Secondly, more people would listen to you....including yourself if your posts had some logic/evidence to support them. You say that Ryan sh!ts the bed in big games against good teams. But he's been awful against bad teams this year....and at home too. You say you'd rather avoid the boom/bust of Julio for the consistency of Wallace. :wacko: Doesn't make sense.

If you have a gut feeling about something, go with it. It's your team. But don't expect us to buy into your clairvoyance. And when we argue against your baseless claims, you call us idiots for you listening to us. :wacko:

Go back to being a nobody. Everybody would be better off.

First of all, take responsibility for your own decisions. You went with Julio against one of the most pass friendly defenses in the league. It was the right call. If you thought differently you should have went with your gut instead of the crowd. Ultimately, that makes you the idiot....idiot.

Secondly, more people would listen to you....including yourself if your posts had some logic/evidence to support them. You say that Ryan sh!ts the bed in big games against good teams. But he's been awful against bad teams this year....and at home too. You say you'd rather avoid the boom/bust of Julio for the consistency of Wallace. :wacko: Doesn't make sense.

If you have a gut feeling about something, go with it. It's your team. But don't expect us to buy into your clairvoyance. And when we argue against your baseless claims, you call us idiots for you listening to us. :wacko:

Keep telling yourself that and losing fantasy games. The information is there but you have a conclusion so you won't even realize it's there. That's okay. I'm not going to waste board space going back and forth on this. I'll just keep winning fantasy games.

Keep telling yourself that and losing fantasy games. The information is there but you have a conclusion so you won't even realize it's there. That's okay. I'm not going to waste board space going back and forth on this. I'll just keep winning fantasy games.

:lol:

I'm guessing the only place you win is in pretend stuff.

Whatever. You win fantasy games.....and yet you listen to the advice of complete strangers. Chalk another one up for serpentine logic.

Does your mommy know you are calling people names on the internet? :(

I laughed.

:lol:

Benching Julio Jones against one of the worst defenses in the league in a game that had high potential for a shootout would have made you an idiot. The game turning out the way it did would have just made you a lucky idiot.