Sign in to follow this  
LSUtiger

DMC is back this week

Darren McFadden (ankle) is practicing Tuesday, as expected.

The Raiders confirmed that McFadden is expected back for Thursday's game versus the Broncos. According to RBs coach Kelly Skipper, McFadden has "got his burst back" and is "a lot better" this week. With Marcel Reece battling hamstring and quadriceps injuries, McFadden should be assured of a fairly strong workload after waiting an extra five days for his return.

I'm in a must-win this week. Not only is DMC back but he's playing on TNF - a veritable and consistent fantasy wasteland. Can DMC be trusted?!?!!

Who has the balls to roll with DMC this week? If so, over who?

:unsure:

hate him coming back now when I need the win to get into the playoffs and on top of that playing Thurdsay. i have to start 3 out of Jackson, Spiller, McFadden and Mathews. Lots of crap to chose from. of course will pick wrong ones

he wasnt good before the injury. so what will change?

he wasnt good before the injury. so what will change?

I'm in the same boat but mainly deciding whether to start DMC and bulk of carries over a healthy Spiller splitting carries. The fact that DMC plays on TNF against a Bronco team who will likely get up fast and stay up, I will most likely roll with Spiller.

But the potential of him blowing up on my bench and costing me my game this week is what is driving the original post.

Next week maybe, but this week no way. First, he played like crap last time they played. Second, they could sandbag him with marcel reece carries to ease him in and actually have admitted to planning just that. Third, its likely the broncos blow them up, that means few runs in the 2nd half anyway and its the same old story...Carson plays like garbage the whole first half then gunslings through prevent defenses in the 2nd half.

Next week maybe, but this week no way. First, he played like crap last time they played... its likely the broncos blow them up, that means few runs in the 2nd half anyway and its the same old story...Carson plays like garbage the whole first half then gunslings through prevent defenses in the 2nd half.

This. I'm rolling with Moreno instead.

Next week maybe, but this week no way. First, he played like crap last time they played. Second, they could sandbag him with marcel reece carries to ease him in and actually have admitted to planning just that. Third, its likely the broncos blow them up, that means few runs in the 2nd half anyway and its the same old story...Carson plays like garbage the whole first half then gunslings through prevent defenses in the 2nd half.

Good post and totally agree in terms of how that TNF game goes. Best case is DMC makes it through the game healthy and puts up solid enough numbers (not blowing up) for you to ride him in the juicy KC and CAR matchups weeks 15 and 16.

At this point I can't bring myself to trot him out there this week...

With a first round bye I'm happy to be able to sit back and observe on Thursday. On top of that he will have the extra rest with a nice matchup the following week.

this clusterfock of a season is coming down to me starting three of these:

Murray

Bradshaw

McFadden

Mathews

Moreno

That's right, I've got the entire Mr. Glass collection. I'm changing my team name to Peanut Brittle.

Murray

Bradshaw

McFadden

Mathews

Moreno

That's right, I've got the entire Mr. Glass collection. I'm changing my team name to Peanut Brittle.

Gotta play Bradshaw against my Saints. He'll get 20 points.

I'd roll with Moreno, Bradshaw and Murray personally...

Well, with Jordy Nelson now hurt, for my flex, I need to choose between Greg Jennings, DMC, or Danario Alexander. I'm going with DMC! Yes, my team (auction league) is loaded and I'll be benching Jordy, G Jennings, and Danario. :music_guitarred:

Darren McFadden (ankle) is practicing Tuesday, as expected.

The Raiders confirmed that McFadden is expected back for Thursday's game versus the Broncos. According to RBs coach Kelly Skipper, McFadden has "got his burst back" and is "a lot better" this week. With Marcel Reece battling hamstring and quadriceps injuries, McFadden should be assured of a fairly strong workload after waiting an extra five days for his return.

I'm in a must-win this week. Not only is DMC back but he's playing on TNF - a veritable and consistent fantasy wasteland. Can DMC be trusted?!?!!

Who has the balls to roll with DMC this week? If so, over who?

:unsure:

I'm playing him in my flex over Decker. Decker has pissed me off enough over the last 4 weeks that I'm rolling the dice with DMC.

Murray

Bradshaw

McFadden

Mathews

Moreno

Gotta play Bradshaw against my Saints. He'll get 20 points.

I'd roll with Moreno, Bradshaw and Murray personally...

I'd also start those 3, but I almost spit up my drink on the computer screen when I read Peanut Brittle for a team name! :thumbsup:

No way. Denver is going to blow them out which means another game of 50 passes and garbage time for Oakland. I'd be very surprised if they hold Denver under 30 points. Field day for Manning and the Denver receivers.

No way. Denver is going to blow them out which means another game of 50 passes and garbage time for Oakland. I'd be very surprised if they hold Denver under 30 points. Field day for Manning and the Denver receivers.

It's for this reason, Raiders playing behind, that B Meyers is going to go buck wild. Denver is also the worst TE defense.

With DMC, Reece AND Goodson all listed as probable for tomorrow night that equals NO DMC for me.

Had Reece been out I'd have given more consideration to starting DMC at flex.

No way. Denver is going to blow them out which means another game of 50 passes and garbage time for Oakland. I'd be very surprised if they hold Denver under 30 points.

As a Palmer owner I certainly hope so!

I hope tonight is a game that they just ease him in. I like these next 2 matchups alot. It doesnt get better than KC and Carolina

I predicting DMC has more receiving yards than rushing yards.

Starting him at flex for the simple reason that he owes me something this year. I've been burned by this guy so many times I'm starting to like it. I will keep playing and starting and drafting this guy until he produces for me.

Read an article in Oakland today that suggests the team is very excited to see what McFadden can do behind what they're considering their much improved run blocking. Plus, this game has "trap" written all over it. I kinda like McFadden here and I wouldn't be TOO surprised to see them give Denver a good game.

Read an article in Oakland today that suggests the team is very excited to see what McFadden can do behind what they're considering their much improved run blocking. Plus, this game has "trap" written all over it. I kinda like McFadden here and I wouldn't be TOO surprised to see them give Denver a good game.

screw you for saying this SCREW YOU!!!

screw you for saying this SCREW YOU!!!

I know, the article might as well have started with. "Lucy took a knee and placed the ball on the ground...." I'm going to take a shot because my only other options are Mathews and Montell Williams or whatever his name is. Here's the article, but PLEASE read with all due discrtion, caution and skepticism.

McFadden

I know, the article might as well have started with. "Lucy took a knee and placed the ball on the ground...." I'm going to take a shot because my only other options are Mathews and Montell Williams or whatever his name is. Here's the article, but PLEASE read with all due discrtion, caution and skepticism.

McFadden

This excerpt from the article makes me feel better about sitting him until week 15:

“Getting Goody back is great, too, because that’s another change-up for us,” Palmer said. “It’s not like Darren is going to go in and get 50 carries. He has to work his way back into this thing, too. Having another guy on third down to come in like Goody and kind of spell everybody gives us some more rest.”

:ninja:

This excerpt from the article makes me feel better about sitting him until week 15:

Getting Goody back is great, too, because thats another change-up for us, Palmer said. Its not like Darren is going to go in and get 50 carries. He has to work his way back into this thing, too. Having another guy on third down to come in like Goody and kind of spell everybody gives us some more rest.

:ninja:

Never...EVER...do anything based upon the words of Carson Palmer. He had me believing that Taiwan Jones was the 2nd coming.

I don't think anyone believes that Marcel Reece is a better runner than McFadden...yet he had better stats. That's due to the fact that their line is much better now.

OAK returned two injured starters on their offensive line in the last few weeks. They're also simply getting better as a unit. Reece ran through a lot of holes that weren't there earlier in the year for McFadden

I'm going with my # 1 pick tonight. Didn't draft him to get points on my bench.

Then again, I'm drunk.

I'm going with my # 1 pick tonight. Didn't draft him to get points on my bench.

Then again, I'm drunk.

:lol:

Good luck tonight!

It's either McFadden or DeAngelo Williams for me....I've been leaning towards Williams all week, but now I'm thinking McFadden. He should get minimum of 15 touches. The way I look at it is I'm focked at RB2 either way, might as well go with the upside.

uggh now I wish I started him over Moreno. How could I known, need a win to get in the playoffs and couldn't gamble. I'm not a gambler. Moreno please get a TD

uggh now I wish I started him over Moreno. How could I known, need a win to get in the playoffs and couldn't gamble. I'm not a gambler. Moreno please get a TD

Thanks for the TD Moreno

Raiders head coach Dennis Allen said Darren McFadden wasn't able to finish Thursday night's Week 14 loss to the Broncos due to a re-injury to his ankle.

McFadden touched the ball seven times in the first half and then opened the third quarter with a 36-yard run before not being heard from much the rest of the way. One could have just brushed off the low touch-count and chalked it up to the Raiders being down large late in the game, but it appears DMC may have suffered a setback. A notoriously slow healer, McFadden didn't have the same burst around the edge on Thursday night. It might be time for Oakland to just cut the cord on McFadden's season. He'll have 10 days to try and get healthy before Kansas City comes to town in Week 15.

<_<

Is it safe to drop this POS or what?