Sign in to follow this  
tanatastic

Starting Alex Green? Come on in.

With injuries to Shorts, and not having big enough balls to start DMC, My best option for flex appears to be Green. josh Gordon and Fitz are my other options. gordon may have the highest ceiling there but I like to start Rbs when I can. Hes the lead dog now and the packers should win, so a winning team runs more late in the game. BAsically im just praying for a td here off a screen or GL non kuhn vulture. But I dont think 15 carrys are out of the question.

Look, I know hes not very talented. But talent is one of the most overrated things in FF, yes I said it, talent is overrated. Opportunity is more important. do you think Knowshow Moreno is as good as he was last night? no, but a peyton led offense gets first downs and keeps defenses off balance. Any RB can thrive behind peyton. If green gets 50yds and a td ill be happy.

Actually, I don't think we've seen the best of Moreno yet. If he stays on the field, he's a borderline RB1.

I agree with you about Green, though. Don't forget about the Montell Williams..I mean Owens from Jax, also. They're starting RB's....anything can happen.

As a Greenbay homer I can assure you that Green is not the answer. I wouldn't be surprised if he shared 50-50 with newly signed Ryan Grant. He's shown next to nothing all year.

Of your choices I'd run with Gordon.

My choices are Alex Green vs Det or Reggie Bush vs SF.

I am confidently going with Green. Unless you guys think maybe I shouldn't? :unsure:

As a Greenbay homer I can assure you that Green is not the answer. I wouldn't be surprised if he shared 50-50 with newly signed Ryan Grant. He's shown next to nothing all year.

Of your choices I'd run with Gordon.

Hes def not the answer, but for this game right here, I see 22 carrys for at least 50 yds, 4 rec for 20 more yds and a 1 in 4 chance for a td. I dont think 30 yr old grant fresh off the street will get a timeshare, next week maybe but not this week.

Hes def not the answer, but for this game right here, I see 22 carrys for at least 50 yds, 4 rec for 20 more yds and a 1 in 4 chance for a td. I dont think 30 yr old grant fresh off the street will get a timeshare, next week maybe but not this week.

I might be forced to go with him in my flex spot over Nicks and Cryin Mathews. Even though Ryan Grant knows the scheme I think he is simply an insurance policy because you can't expect him to be 100% game ready after one week. The concern is that Kuhn vultures goal line chances. That being said I will take a back playing on an explosive offense that will touch the ball 20 times in the run and passing game against a D full of players that have given up and an offense that can still score enough points to put pressure on Green Bay.

You see 22 carries?!? You're an idiot...

with heavy snowfall happening in green bay sunday night....i think hes right...20 carries could def happen

Snows not gonna stop that game drone being a shoot out. I don't believe there's severe wind involved. I'd be surprised if they run the ball 22 total times.

Snows not gonna stop that game drone being a shoot out. I don't believe there's severe wind involved. I'd be surprised if they run the ball 22 total times.

no nelson...beat up jennings...old man driver...i think they run the ball more here to take the pressure off rodgers, makes sense... 20 carries 80 yards and his first td...green all day

He's had 22 carrys in a game already this season. It will be snowing. Your the focking idiot.

Anyone sitting Mathews for Green? :dunno: First round of playoffs and ill probably be one and done because of my damn RBs. MJD i hate you :wall:

I am having a hard time pulling the trigger on this guy against Detroit. It's not a good matchup and he's already proven he's not a stud rb. I have A. Brown in my flex spot in a ppr over him right now and I think its staying that way.

started him in several games earlier this year. you are basically praying for about 7 points. hard to expect more than that.

started him in several games earlier this year. you are basically praying for about 7 points. hard to expect more than that.

Yup i tried Green earlier in year too and was lucky to get 7. My RB2 spot in this particular league has been a complete mess and continues to be. My only 2 options in first round of playoffs are Mathews :thumbsdown: and Green :wall: Cant expect more than 7 pts from Green so i might roll the dice and hope Mathews gets the ball and gets his head out his arse. Maybe since Norv knows he is done he will give Mathews the ball? Doubt it

Lets look at Greens game logs this year.

Wk	Date	Opp	Recpt	RuAtt	RuYd	RuTD	FL	FPTS
*1	9/9	SF	-	-	-	-	-	
2	9/13	CHI	-	2	2	-	-	
*3	9/24	@SEA	-	-	-	-	-	
4	9/30	NO	-	-	-	-	-	
5	10/7	@IND	-	10	63	-	-	6
6	10/14	@HOU	1	22	65	-	-	6
7	10/21	@STL	4	20	35	-	-	5
8	10/28	JAC	4	22	54	-	-	7
9	11/4	ARI	2	11	53	-	-	7
10	BYE	-	-	-	-	-	-	-
11	11/18	@DET	-	-	-	-	-	
12	11/25	@NYG	3	10	30	-	-	5
13	12/2	MIN	1	12	58	-	-	6

Now those are some ugly #s. :o Guess you could say he is consistent

YPC = 3.3 not good

Yup i tried Green earlier in year too and was lucky to get 7. My RB2 spot in this particular league has been a complete mess and continues to be. My only 2 options in first round of playoffs are Mathews :thumbsdown: and Green :wall: Cant expect more than 7 pts from Green so i might roll the dice and hope Mathews gets the ball and gets his head out his arse. Maybe since Norv knows he is done he will give Mathews the ball? Doubt it

Lets look at Greens game logs this year.

Wk	Date	Opp	Recpt	RuAtt	RuYd	RuTD	FL	FPTS
*1	9/9	SF	-	-	-	-	-	
2	9/13	CHI	-	2	2	-	-	
*3	9/24	@SEA	-	-	-	-	-	
4	9/30	NO	-	-	-	-	-	
5	10/7	@IND	-	10	63	-	-	6
6	10/14	@HOU	1	22	65	-	-	6
7	10/21	@STL	4	20	35	-	-	5
8	10/28	JAC	4	22	54	-	-	7
9	11/4	ARI	2	11	53	-	-	7
10	BYE	-	-	-	-	-	-	-
11	11/18	@DET	-	-	-	-	-	
12	11/25	@NYG	3	10	30	-	-	5
13	12/2	MIN	1	12	58	-	-	6

Now those are some ugly #s. :o Guess you could say he is consistent

YPC = 3.3 not good

Yea but I look at the 3 gm stretch where he avg 21 carrys a game when he was the lead back. All the others he was backup or split. I'll take 20 carrys any day. Sure hell prob fumble in the snow but the defenders will be slipping too. I'll be ok w 7 pnts but I could see up to 15.

Yea but I look at the 3 gm stretch where he avg 21 carrys a game when he was the lead back. All the others he was backup or split. I'll take 20 carrys any day. Sure hell prob fumble in the snow but the defenders will be slipping too. I'll be ok w 7 pnts but I could see up to 15.

What tantric guy says. Anything otherwise is people taking his performance out of context

All statistics aside, "sometimes all we need is a second chance". Green is getting a second chance which will probably be his last chance. Kind of like Moreno in Denver...except that Moreno has talent. I'm not sure how talented Green is, but, he'll be getting the bulk of the carries and he knows "this is it".

That said, Josh Gordon and Larry Fitz are probably better plays at this point. IMO, Fitz has one more "blow up" week in him and it would be a shame to miss it.

My choices are Alex Green vs Det or Reggie Bush vs SF.

I am confidently going with Green. Unless you guys think maybe I shouldn't? :unsure:

I'm in the same boat and rolling with Green as well.

I really want to start Green over Mathews but cant pull the trigger :wall: Ive got less than 5 minutes and i know the rule you shouldnt make last minute changes

Think im gonna flip a coin

I really want to start Green over Mathews but cant pull the trigger :wall: Ive got less than 5 minutes and i know the rule you shouldnt make last minute changes

Think im gonna flip a coin

Well after much research and debate on here and among friends i said fock it and flipped a coin and it landed on Green. :huh:

Harris doesn't look too bad and Green well he looks like he has all year. Just couple yards here and there with no burst like just saw from Harris

Green looks great. over 5 a carry, hittin the hole well an showing good speed. Easily could've taken that td in.

If the lions didn't dominate the first half time he would have a workmanlike 70yds or so.

Well Green got me 6 and Mathews got me 6 on bench :dunno: Somehow i can still win with 2 pts with Welker and Daniels still left :unsure:

He's had 22 carrys in a game already this season. It will be snowing. Your the focking idiot.

good call dummy

good call dummy

Well U got me there. But they ran a ton like i thought and the insane time of possession difference was a factor.

Well U got me there. But they ran a ton like i thought and the insane time of possession difference was a factor.

Green tapping his helmet and pulling himself out of the redzone was a killer. If he just had the stamina to stay in the entire drive he would have had a nice stat line. That TD run was blocked perfectly and Green should have been the back jogging in.

Green tapping his helmet and pulling himself out of the redzone was a killer. If he just had the stamina to stay in the entire drive he would have had a nice stat line. That TD run was blocked perfectly and Green should have been the back jogging in.

I can't stand it when players tap their helmet because they are tired.

I especially can't stand it when said player is on my team in the midst of a playoff game and the player who replaces him gets a TD. :wall:

I can't stand it when players tap their helmet because they are tired.

I especially can't stand it when said player is on my team in the midst of a playoff game and the player who replaces him gets a TD. :wall:

Yea especially when that injured gimp AP runs 60 yds, then stays in for 2 more to get the TD. That guy is just a marvel.