Sign in to follow this  
travis_henrys_baby_momma

Bench Julio

Both he and Ryan have sucked at home recently. That said, they just got embarrassed by CAR, need a big win to keep that homefield advantage, and Prince may be out for NYG.

I'm rolling DEEP with Julio this week.

:pointstosky:

But to each their own.

Julio has missed all or part of 6 of the last 14 home games to injury.

The last three home games when he has been healthy, he has had comparable numbers to Roddy.

I can see losing faith in the Falcon passing game and benching Julio because of that. But the trend of late is that he's playing pretty well within the offense, regardless if it's home or away.

You're much better off playing the matchups rather than some skewed statistical trend.

Julio has missed all or part of 6 of the last 14 home games to injury.

The last three home games when he has been healthy, he has had comparable numbers to Roddy.

I can see losing faith in the Falcon passing game and benching Julio because of that. But the trend of late is that he's playing pretty well within the offense, regardless if it's home or away.

You're much better off playing the matchups rather than some skewed statistical trend.

I am not comparing him with Roddy. I am comparing him with him. Also, I am not saying it is his fault. If you watch the Falcons games over the past two years....it's like Matt Ryan doesn't even know he exists if they are at home.

And would you please post his stats from these 3 home games where his stats were decent? His best home game this season was 12.9pts....and the rest have been atrocious.

By the way, when he plays "hurt" and is "limited" on the road....he still goes off. Did you see the TB game?

The trend is what it is. Plan accordingly.

I am not comparing him with Roddy. I am comparing him with him. Also, I am not saying it is his fault. If you watch the Falcons games over the past two years....it's like Matt Ryan doesn't even know he exists if they are at home.

And would you please post his stats from these 3 home games where his stats were decent? His best home game this season was 12.9pts....and the rest have been atrocious.

By the way, when he plays "hurt" and is "limited" on the road....he still goes off. Did you see the TB game?

I never said his stats were decent. Only that they were comparable to Roddy's, which implies that Julio's stats aren't down because Ryan isnt looking for him. They're down because the Falcon passing attack is pretty unstable right now. Like I said, that is a much better reason to bench Julio rather than some goofy home road split that doesn't look at the fact that Julio has missed some or all of 6 home games. He didn't miss any of the TB game.....so not sure what the point is that he was "limited". Doesn't matter, he was healthy enough to finish it.....which he hasn't done for nearly half his home games.

If you think Ryan will step up and play well this weekend, then start Julio. If you think he'll struggle, then benching Julio might not be a bad idea. Just don't tell me that Ryan and the rest of the Falcon offense will put up worthy stats while Julio will be out in the cold once again simply because of where the game is being played. Because the fact is, that has only happened in 3 of the last 14 home games.....hardly a trend.

Don't waste your time arguing, all it will do is make you succumb to the pressure and make a bad decision. Now's not the time to listen to people that can't understand basic trends. Just bench Julio if you have anybody that can do anything decent. I am benching him. I'm starting Cobb, Nicks and DX. If Nicks can't go I will probably stick in Antonio Brown.

Don't waste your time arguing, all it will do is make you succumb to the pressure and make a bad decision. Now's not the time to listen to people that can't understand basic trends. Just bench Julio if you have anybody that can do anything decent. I am benching him. I'm starting Cobb, Nicks and DX. If Nicks can't go I will probably stick in Antonio Brown.

Pfft....whatever.

You wanted to sit Julio against the Saints because it was a big game and in ATL. Instead you were going to start Mike Wallace with confidence at BAL. Then you b!tched that you were swayed by idiots.....but that was before Wallace's 44 yard gargantuan effort. So....really....the bored was right on that one.

I don't care what people do with Julio. It's their team and their decision. I just think the reasoning has a few holes in it. Julio's numbers are going to be more dependent on the NYG defense than where the game is played.

Home games:

2012 5.28 pts/game

2011 6.58 pts/game

Away games:

2012 15.71 pts/game

2011 14.91 pts/game

100% agree and I had no idea it was 2 years running. A trend is a trend, no matter it's origin or explanation. My theory is that Roddy White is featured at home as a parting gift for peacefully turning over TRUE WR1 to Julio.

I have the luxury of benching him for Wayne; but that move will haunt me until 12:59 Sunday...

If Prince is out for NY you're all fools for sitting Julio in a sure fire shootout. If Prince plays then to each their own. Julio gets the nod for me either way.

If Prince is out for NY you're all fools for sitting Julio in a sure fire shootout. If Prince plays then to each their own. Julio gets the nod for me either way.

I dont think Prince is that good anyway.

Screw it. I'm gonna start him. I have to sit someone out of this group:

Jimmy Graham

Julio

Josh Gordon

Anquan Boldin

Guess I am going to sit Gordon even though he should have a great game against the skins.

lol. I told you not to argue on this board or you'd do that. Hopefully you still manage a win just like I did.

Got lucky....he actually scored.

Yep, 1st home score of the entire season. But that's fantasy football. I have 4 playoff teams this year, with all of them favored to win (a couple by about 40 pts) but I will likely get bounced out this week.

:lol:

lol. I told you not to argue on this board or you'd do that. Hopefully you still manage a win just like I did.

if you have a conviction, you go with it. don't let anyone sway you.

still, you start your studs. unless facing a shutdown corner ala revis, bailey, etc you start them. home, away trends, and all that nonsense is just over thinking.

Home games:

2012 5.28 pts/game

2011 6.58 pts/game

Away games:

2012 15.71 pts/game

2011 14.91 pts/game

Also can't ignore the trend of terrible threads like this one.

:lol: