Sign in to follow this  
egbbfb03

Opinion...pissed about WW.....

Thoughts on this....I play in a 14 team winner take all league. Top eight make the championship bracket while the other six teams play consolation.

I won last week as the four seed to make the semi finals. So technically, I was the lowest seed still playing for the money.

I place a waiver claim on David Wilson due to some injuries thinking that I will get him because all the other teams out of contention certainly would not place WW claims.

Of course the only women in our league who went 1-12 in the regular season buts a freaking claim on Wilson and gets him.

Would this piss you off?

Thoughts on this....I play in a 14 team winner take all league. Top eight make the championship bracket while the other six teams play consolation.

I won last week as the four seed to make the semi finals. So technically, I was the lowest seed still playing for the money.

I place a waiver claim on David Wilson due to some injuries thinking that I will get him because all the other teams out of contention certainly would not place WW claims.

Of course the only women in our league who went 1-12 in the regular season buts a freaking claim on Wilson and gets him.

Would this piss you off?

It would but comes with the territory. Your telling me if you weren't in a 1st or 2nd seed you wouldn't want the other teams to do the same to avoid your opponent picking him up? Just because they've got nothing to play for means they should abandon waiver requests so that your team can improve.

I don't see anything wrong with it. What would suck is that the lowest seed being left in a playoff always getting the #1 waiver pick until the playoffs are over. That would assure that every week for three week the #1 team would face the team that had a shot at the best player off of waivers. I think you like to whine and are assuming that nobody in your league would pick up Wilson.

Your right dude....I like to whine. All I do is whine.

I asked a simple question to get feedback. Not smart remarks

And yet you continue to whine.....amazing! :shocking:

Would this piss you off?

Yes it would but I wouldnt play in a league without knowing the rules, so I guess it wouldn't be since it would never happen to me.

Dumb rule

I suggest proposing a rule next year that locks teams that are out of contention for the year. Unless you do a toilet bowl, then you're SOL either way.

If you have a toilet bowl I think teams should be able to play the wire but in my leagues we have an understanding that non playoff teams with nothing to play for don't make waiver claims.

In my leagues we have always froze the waiver wire 10 minutes before the first kickoff of week 14 (which is the first game of our fantasy playoffs).

If you have a toilet bowl I think teams should be able to play the wire but in my leagues we have an understanding that non playoff teams with nothing to play for don't make waiver claims.

This. Once playoff teams are eliminated, they shouldn't be allowed to make transactions. Anyone that's playing for something has free reign to make transactions however they please.

We do playoff teams go first on ww - worst to first

Then toilet bowl teams

Problem solved

Would this piss you off?

Not trying to question your league, but why is Wilson on the WW in a 14 team league? Especially since Brown got IR'ed, I can't imagine many scenarios where Wilson wasn't owned in a league that size (at least by the Bradshaw owner).

We do playoff teams go first on ww - worst to first

Then toilet bowl teams

Problem solved

We do this too.... easiest solution. Never had a problem because transactions are $3 each, and no one who is out of the running is going to make a pickup.

That, it appears, is exactly what she is doing.

That's what I thought. I'm glad to see a 1-12 owner still trying to improve her team; in the long run, active owners make for a good league. :dunno:

Not trying to question your league, but why is Wilson on the WW in a 14 team league? Especially since Brown got IR'ed, I can't imagine many scenarios where Wilson wasn't owned in a league that size (at least by the Bradshaw owner).

Funny - that was my immediate reaction too. I play in a fourteen-team league; Wilson was on and off rosters all season long as Bradshaw and Brown were nicked up. As soon as Brown got the IR status, Wilson was the #1 waiver wire transaction the following Wednesday morning.

I like our league WW arrangement. If you make a waiver claim and it's awarded to you, you go to the bottom priority number (14). You don't move up the waiver priority list until those above you make a waiver claim. This makes you think about it; is it worth burning a high waiver priority # to acquire Riley Cooper? Answer - NO, so you gamble that he'll make it thru to free agency (Wednesday morning after waivers processed).

Did I miss part of the story? Why are 1-12 teams allowed to make ANY moves during your league playoffs? Once the fantasy regular season is over, the rosters of non-playoff teams should be locked or, at the very least, receive lower priority than playoff teams. Who gives a fock about the consolation bracket. Ridiculous.

14 man league and he was on the waiver wire is enough explanation in itself. But really if the rules allows it than there is nothing wrong. You should have read the rules before submitting the money. I feel your pain but really your not getting the shaft

Would this piss you off?

No... They have the right to him as you do...