Sign in to follow this  
sprewell43

Anyone else think the Lions threw that game?

The Lions either threw that game on purpose, or they are a bunch of BUMS.

QB= BUM

RB = BUM

Coach = BUM

Calvin = Stud

What a pathetic effort. Should be ashamed of yourselves

The Lions are just that bad outside of Calvin & depending on the week, Stafford.

This. Poorly coached (turnover and penalty machines), and not a ton of talent on either side of the ball.

Schwartz needs to be fired. The guy is an utter moron & can't handle a strong handshake.... What a poosay!

Just inept and under experienced.

Stafford is a gun slinger, like Romo. But is not as full of himself. Helps to be a Lion for humility.

Offense, am not certain if it is coaching or line help necessary.

Defense, needs pass coverage improvements

Last, on defense, they need to be coached better to stay in their gaps.

You know, for a guy that has Megatron to throw to, Stafford really isn't nearly as good as he should be. He throws a ton of passes but he really doesn't get TDs or take care of the ball very well. If I am the Lions, I strongly consider trying to pawn Stafford off for a high draft pick, and then drafting a QB and another player this year. There's probably some sucker team that would trade for him, considering the dearth of talented QB prospects this year.

You know, for a guy that has Megatron to throw to, Stafford really isn't nearly as good as he should be. He throws a ton of passes but he really doesn't get TDs or take care of the ball very well. If I am the Lions, I strongly consider trying to pawn Stafford off for a high draft pick, and then drafting a QB and another player this year. There's probably some sucker team that would trade for him, considering the dearth of talented QB prospects this year.

This. I've been saying this for the last two years. Without Megatron, Stafford is incredibly average. A lot of his production comes from throwing the high ball to Megatron and letting him outjump shorter defenders. Nothing wrong with exploiting that advantage, but as a pure passer, I think he's very average. His play today was a Mark Sanchez like performance. All that was missing was a buttfumble.

That said though, you know the Lions will never trade him.

I would agree that our Coach needs to be fired. He is a great guy, but lacks the ability to lead and discipline.

For those that think Stafford is average at best, without going to a web site to find the answer, name one WR that was active for the Lions in the last game of the season not named Calvin Johnson. The above average NFL fan cannot name one! Yet Stafford still threw for 272 yards and 3 TDs, only 72 of that to Megatron.

Can somebody get Swamp Dog to stop yammering? :lol:

I miss Confident Joey Harrington :lol:

I would agree that our Coach needs to be fired. He is a great guy, but lacks the ability to lead and discipline.

For those that think Stafford is average at best, without going to a web site to find the answer, name one WR that was active for the Lions in the last game of the season not named Calvin Johnson. The above average NFL fan cannot name one! Yet Stafford still threw for 272 yards and 3 TDs, only 72 of that to Megatron.

Kris Durham. What do I win?

The Stafford bashing is really a joke. Everyone has such a short memory. He threw for over 5,000 yds and over 40 td's last year in his first full year. He almost threw for 5,000 yds again this year while throwing to practice squad WR's (outside of Calvin). I will say that Stafford played a lot more inconsistent this year, but by no means should they trade him.

Schwartz should be fired. I don't hate him as a coach, but 4-12 for that team is just pathetic. If they could close any games, they would have been a 10 win team. That has to fall on the coaching. The coordinators can follow. Shaking up the coaching staff could do wonders for them, they have a lot of young talent.

Kris Durham. What do I win?

You win Mike Thomas. B)

But yeah point taken. Stafford lost Burly, Titus and Broyles...and plays with a retarded coach.

This. I've been saying this for the last two years. Without Megatron, Stafford is incredibly average. A lot of his production comes from throwing the high ball to Megatron and letting him outjump shorter defenders. Nothing wrong with exploiting that advantage, but as a pure passer, I think he's very average. His play today was a Mark Sanchez like performance. All that was missing was a buttfumble.

That said though, you know the Lions will never trade him.

Stafford is light years ahead of Mark Sanchez. :shocking:

The lions won't win until the dumb focking fords sell the team. The entire team is inept from ownership down and with the exception of megatron ,hanson and suh the entire team is full of turds.

The problem with 'good enough' qbs is that you don't readily have available studs waiting around to start for you, and there are plenty of starters far worse. Flacco and stafford fall into this category. Who they gonna get that's better??? And as long as he's 'good enough' you won't waste draft picks on a qb either. It's a pretty crap situation to be in, becaus you're held hostage by mediocrity at the utmost important position in football. Both lions and ravens will re-up their qb at high cost because they can't do much else...

Still better than being stuck with Sanchez for retard money though.

FML