Sign in to follow this  
Recliner Pilot

Is paying an 18% income tax rate for a multi-millionaire paying a "Fair Share"?

Income tax should be 0%, across the board.

The federal income tax is not even close to being Constitutional, excessive by a mile, and an endless source of government corruption and treachery.

So is the person making a million who pays 180K in just "federal" more than the Middle class person who pays like 30% on say 50K which is 15K. Funny how the Dems always bring up the percentage difference but never the amount difference. The Rich pay basically 1/2 the percentage of a middle class family but pay like 10-20X more amount total.

I agree with Philly that we should just repeal the 16th amendment.

That being said, just make the income tax 15% (that would cover both state and federal) across the board and be done with the 64,000 pages of tax codes (and loopholes).

So is the person making a million who pays 180K in just "federal" more than the Middle class person who pays like 30% on say 50K which is 15K. Funny how the Dems always bring up the percentage difference but never the amount difference. The Rich pay basically 1/2 the percentage of a middle class family but pay like 10-20X more amount total.

Because it's all relative. Percentage is what's important. Who cares what the total amount is? The less fortunate are still having a higher percentage of their money taken away.

Because it's all relative. Percentage is what's important. Who cares what the total amount is? The less fortunate are still having a higher percentage of their money taken away.

:lol: 46%, as of 2011, pay no income tax at all. :lol: Stupid lefty logic by a stupid lefty.

:lol: 46%, as of 2011, pay no income tax at all. :lol: Stupid lefty logic by a stupid lefty.

Why do you insist on throwing irrelevant facts into every conversation? Go read what I replied to, Simpleton. The percentage of people who pay nothing has absolutely nothing to do with what Moz said or what I replied. You seriously are a focking retard.

Why do you insist on throwing irrelevant facts into every conversation? Go read what I replied to, Simpleton. The percentage of people who pay nothing has absolutely nothing to do with what Moz said or what I replied. You seriously are a focking retard.

This is what you said

The less fortunate are still having a higher percentage of their money taken away.

Why don't you give us a link. :banana:

This was my reply.

I think we know who the moron is.

I think RP is going to cast a hoooooge net and act as tho he baited you into something. His thread title is WAY too ambiguous. :unsure:

He says 18% income tax rate...not Federal or State or Local. He does not specify what he thinks 18% is too low a number for other that wealthy folks making over 2 million. Me thinks he is on a fishing trip.

:nono:

Is this post an oxyMORON? :blink:

Person A makes $100,000 - Tax rate is 20% = 80% of income is left

Person B makes 30,000 - Tax rate is 10% = 90% of income is left

How are the leff fortunate having a higher percentage of their money (I like how you chose the word money not the word income :lol: ) taken away?

I just do not understand punishing people that are successful. Say a person brings in 10 million a year and he pays 15% that's 1.5 mil in taxes (fed) + some state taxes as well. A person makes 80K (borderline upper/middle)pays 30% - about which amount to like 30K. You want to focus on % points. The richest people already pay like 95% of all tax dollars -- that's not good enough?

Doesn't out money already get taxed enough? Federal/State/FICA on your paycheck , sales tax on what you buy and after you die whoever inherits your estate has to pay a tax on that (money that has already been taxed). Hell you can't even give someone more than 11K a year as if you do you have to pay tax on it.

Is this post an oxyMORON? :blink:

Person A makes $100,000 - Tax rate is 20% = 80% of income is left

Person B makes 30,000 - Tax rate is 10% = 90% of income is left

How are the leff fortunate having a higher percentage of their money (I like how you chose the word money not the word income :lol: ) taken away?

Take a second to read Moz's post. The one I quoted and was replying to. TIA

I think RP is going to cast a hoooooge net and act as tho he baited you into something. His thread title is WAY too ambiguous. :unsure:

He says 18% income tax rate...not Federal or State or Local. He does not specify what he thinks 18% is too low a number for other that wealthy folks making over 2 million. Me thinks he is on a fishing trip.

:nono:

Sure, he is probably reporting the tax rate of a well known politician or liberal elite...

I just do not understand punishing people that are successful. Say a person brings in 10 million a year and he pays 15% that's 1.5 mil in taxes (fed) + some state taxes as well. A person makes 80K (borderline upper/middle)pays 30% - about which amount to like 30K. You want to focus on % points. The richest people already pay like 95% of all tax dollars -- that's not good enough?

Doesn't out money already get taxed enough? Federal/State/FICA on your paycheck , sales tax on what you buy and after you die whoever inherits your estate has to pay a tax on that (money that has already been taxed). Hell you can't even give someone more than 11K a year as if you do you have to pay tax on it.

Who decides how much tax is "enough"?

Take a second to read Moz's post. The one I quoted and was replying to. TIA

:cheers:

Everyone should pay the same rate, including the 47%ers who pay nothing.

Consumption tax or flat tax?

I've learned a lot of new things in this thread. Seen some views I didn't realize you guys had. Good thread. :thumbsup:

I could go either way. Consumption, flat, or even the Fair Tax.

I'm not nearlty knowledgeable on either of them.

I like the idea of a consumption tax, but wonder what the secondary or black market would look like.

Maybe I am the only person that doesn't understand the Dems complaining about the "low" tax % the "rich" have to pay -- when the "rich" pay like 95% of the overall taxes in the country.

Maybe I am the only person that doesn't understand the Dems complaining about the "low" tax % the "rich" have to pay -- when the "rich" pay like 95% of the overall taxes in the country.

Wealth envy by some, hypocrisy by others.

Obama runs around complaining the rich don't pay their fair share, then he takes advantage of every loophole he can to get his tax rate down to 18%. This is the same guy who went after Romney in the campaign because Romney's tax rate was in the teens.

Hypocritical asshat. :thumbsdown:

Obama runs around complaining the rich don't pay their fair share, then he takes advantage of every loophole he can to get his tax rate down to 18%. This is the same guy who went after Romney in the campaign because Romney's tax rate was in the teens.

why not rid ourselves of 'wealth envy' and make it 20% across the board...???

..then if somebody complains that all men aren't created equal, etc, etc you can tell them to fock off.

next we stop giving $$$ in aid to every MF that comes and asking... and the ones who don't but get our $$$ anyways...

why not rid ourselves of 'wealth envy' and make it 20% across the board...???

That would make entirely too much sense for the government to consider.

Its just NIMBY'ism.... When you present yourself as the party of 'its someone elses problem' and shirk personal responsibility like it is the plague, these are the angles you have to shoot for.

Its not about fair, or equal, its about pushing the issue onto someone's plate that you don't need to vote for you.

That would make entirely too much sense for the government to consider.

It will never happen cuz the assdarts in DC would lose a lot of power they now have thru tax legislation.

They get to hide stuff in the 70,000 pages of tax code now.

Income tax should be 0%, across the board.

The federal income tax is not even close to being Constitutional, excessive by a mile, and an endless source of government corruption and treachery.

this is the correct answer. it is constitutional, but the constitution has nothing to do with it. if you read the irs code, it clearly states that the only people required to pay federal income taxes work for the federal govt or reside in the territories, which include DC.

the rest of us are not required to pay federal income taxes.

this is the correct answer. it is constitutional, but the constitution has nothing to do with it. if you read the irs code, it clearly states that the only people required to pay federal income taxes work for the federal govt or reside in the territories, which include DC.

i highly doubt the IRS tax code says people don't have to pay it...

Then why does it come out of my check every 2 weeks? :unsure: Is Chicago part of DC now :wall: