Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Good, Bad, and Ugly -- 2013

ur right, i dont post or read much on the geek bored.

If you read some of the things this guy has posted and as classless as he has been over the years you would be saying the same .

Gronk - Expected out the first 6 games on PUP. Things keep getting better for Brady :(

Gronk - Expected out the first 6 games on PUP. Things keep getting better for Brady :(

thats more than i expected. i figured 4 gms, tops. and here i thought the 'value' was too good where i pickd him. gawd. to make it worse, i knew i needed to back him up, but i refused to spend another pick on a servicable TE b4 it was too late. i couldn't pass up several guys. jesus, i drafted goddam ballard instread of TE.

come get u some andrew luck!

If you read some of the things this guy has posted and as classless as he has been over the years you would be saying the same ######.

i doubt it, but truly cant say. i try to hit a reset of just eject b4 i get to a point of sayn some things wen im heated. i most always regret it.

(TheHuddle) Green Bay Packers WR Jordy Nelson (knee) underwent surgery on his knee Monday, Aug. 5, that is expected to keep him out for four to six weeks, but doctors still expect him to be ready for Week 1. Doctors tried to fix a nerve issue in his knee that has bothered him since college. Analysis: The injury woes continue for Nelson. If this was an issue he's had since college, it's a bit odd they tried to fix it in the middle of training camp instead of, say, two months ago. They will try to have Nelson back by Week 1 but he could have a slow start as a result of this.

let's go see which team has Nelson...

Gepetto - loses another WR to start the season.

Justin Blackmon - suspended 4 games to start the season

Josh Gordon - suspended 2 games to start the season

Jordy Nelson - knee surgery today - out 4-6 weeks - when will he be ready?

That leaves you with two wr's on your roster for week #1:)

Demaryius Thomas & Andre Johnson

0-1 here you come :cheers:

(TheHuddle) Green Bay Packers WR Jordy Nelson (knee) underwent surgery on his knee Monday, Aug. 5, that is expected to keep him out for four to six weeks, but doctors still expect him to be ready for Week 1. Doctors tried to fix a nerve issue in his knee that has bothered him since college. Analysis: The injury woes continue for Nelson. If this was an issue he's had since college, it's a bit odd they tried to fix it in the middle of training camp instead of, say, two months ago. They will try to have Nelson back by Week 1 but he could have a slow start as a result of this.

let's go see which team has Nelson...

Looks like Gepetto loses this round of "let's injure a starter". Luckily for him, he's got a solid team and decent WRs still.

I don't get the time frame. 4-6 weeks and the season starts almost exactly a month from now. Still, they're confident he'll be back. How does that math work?

Looks like Gepetto loses this round of "let's injure a starter". Luckily for him, he's got a solid team and decent WRs still.

I don't get the time frame. 4-6 weeks and the season starts almost exactly a month from now. Still, they're confident he'll be back. How does that math work?

ETA: I forgot about the other WR problems he's had. Well that sucks.

thats more than i expected. i figured 4 gms, tops. and here i thought the 'value' was too good where i pickd him. gawd. to make it worse, i knew i needed to back him up, but i refused to spend another pick on a servicable TE b4 it was too late. i couldn't pass up several guys. jesus, i drafted goddam ballard instread of TE.

Gronk = bad karma...

If him, McCoy and McGahee didn't all sprain vaginas in the same week last year, I swear id have been holding up a 4th :first: and you would still have been dreaming of your first....

Gronk = bad karma...

If him, McCoy and McGahee didn't all sprain vaginas in the same week last year, I swear id have been holding up a 4th :first: and you would still have been dreaming of your first....

:first:

you're bad at this... like most things

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on NFL InsidersTuesday that the "buzz is positive" regarding Rob Gronkowski's recovery from back surgery.

"Buzz seems to be building the positive way," said Schefter. "I haven't heard too many discouraging things. ... So far the buzz is positive." Schefter went so far as to suggest Gronkowski is likely to avoid reserve/PUP to start the season, although that won't be confirmed until late in the month and/or early September. Either way, less news is good news on Gronkowski's recovery, and there haven't been any negative reports. This is only Rotoworld's second blurb on Gronkowski since he was placed on active/PUP on July 23. Aug 6 - 3:49 PM

Danario Alexander's healthy training camp came to a sudden, severe end Tuesday. The Chargers wide receiver collided with cornerback Shareece Wright in practice, suffering a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee. He will undergo reconstructive surgery and miss the entire 2013 season. (San Diego Union Tribune)

If you read my one sentence on the team analysis thread about my team. Phillip Rivers in particular. "If only his freakin' wr's would stay healthy."

On a positive note, Malcolm Floyd for Jocstrap just saw a few more targets come his way:)

On a negative note, bad for my backup qb in Rivers.

you're bad at this... like most things

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on NFL InsidersTuesday that the "buzz is positive" regarding Rob Gronkowski's recovery from back surgery.

"Buzz seems to be building the positive way," said Schefter. "I haven't heard too many discouraging things. ... So far the buzz is positive." Schefter went so far as to suggest Gronkowski is likely to avoid reserve/PUP to start the season, although that won't be confirmed until late in the month and/or early September. Either way, less news is good news on Gronkowski's recovery, and there haven't been any negative reports. This is only Rotoworld's second blurb on Gronkowski since he was placed on active/PUP on July 23. Aug 6 - 3:49 PM

Kutulu, are you missing us?

Daryl Richardson looks to be working out so far

Yeah, he'll make a good handcuff

Kutulu, are you missing us?

I wouldn't say I was "missing" you. :wave:

Yeah, he'll make a good handcuff

So the coach and everyone saying he is the lead guy to be the starter is just a smoke screen right?

So the coach and everyone saying he is the lead guy to be the starter is just a smoke screen right?

he's the starter for the season, that is obvious because they aren't starting the rookie week1. That's what Fisher is saying.

come week two, when the starter for the rest of the season is back from suspension, Richardson is no longer the starter.

HTH :banana:

he's the starter for the season, that is obvious because they aren't starting the rookie week1. That's what Fisher is saying.

come week two, when the starter for the rest of the season is back from suspension, Richardson is no longer the starter.

HTH :banana:

So they start Pead when DR has badly outplayed him so far in practice. I have never even seen Pead play maybe he has talent but it is looking more and more like DR has the gig unless he either loses it by fumbles and bad play or Pead just starts to light the field on fire. I like the chances DR is the lead guy this year unless injured.

But thats okay -- with every week my team looks better and better and I know how me having a good team sits with some people here :rolleyes:

ETA this is the only preseason ever I have yet to make a single trade. maybe thats why my team looks decent still.

Patriots TE Jake Ballard has fallen behind journeyman Daniel Fells and UDFA Zach Sudfeld in the training camp pecking order.

Per the Boston Globe, Ballard "has looked stiff at times" on the practice field. He's also vying with Michael Hoomanawanui for a roster spot. The Patriots could still end up keeping Ballard on the 53-man roster to be an in-line blocker.

that's a $1,000 "ouch"

But thats okay -- with every week my team looks better and better and I know how me having a good team sits with some people here :rolleyes:

see, that's the difference b/w you and me... i don't care how my team looks, you fockers make fun of how bad i drafted year in and year out, i care about how my team PERFORMS. and my teams consistently perform like winners... :Mr-T:

Pead had a fumble. Did you see that famous? :D

he saw it, but wont post it!

now he has to respond!

come downplay it, famous!

Pead had a fumble. Did you see that famous? :D

to be honest, no i didn't see he had a fumble... Shonne Greene had a TD too - does that change your opinion of his value this year?

Pead's fumble doesn't change my opinion of him. I don't even have an opinion about Pead since I haven't seen him play much. I think it hurts his chances of becoming a starter making mistakes like that and not making big plays either. Shonne Greene might get a few touchdown but he is probably going to get limited carries unless the Titans become a high powered offense and/or Chris Johnson gets hurt. His touchdown doesn't change my opinion though.

Pead's fumble doesn't change my opinion of him. I don't even have an opinion about Pead since I haven't seen him play much. I think it hurts his chances of becoming a starter making mistakes like that and not making big plays either. Shonne Greene might get a few touchdown but he is probably going to get limited carries unless the Titans become a high powered offense and/or Chris Johnson gets hurt. His touchdown doesn't change my opinion though.

My point was that it was preseason, a lot doesn't matter... And really, I'd have to see the fumble to judge whether it should hurt his chances or not; was he carrying the ball badly? Or was it just a really good hit, or strip?

You are right a lot doesnt matter in preseason but when it comes to unsettled depth charts preseason absolutely matters. It matters a lot

My point was that it was preseason, a lot doesn't matter... And really, I'd have to see the fumble to judge whether it should hurt his chances or not; was he carrying the ball badly? Or was it just a really good hit, or strip?

It was a good strip.

joc's turn to lose a WR... and he almost lost a #1 RB in the same day...

Charles is fine after all RB's always bounce back fast from foot sprains :unsure:

Charles is fine after all RB's always bounce back fast from foot sprains :unsure:

its not broke, but its bad. if foot sprain is the term, its a bad one.