Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Why did Ray Charles get a movie but not Stevie Wonder?

Seriously, musically, he pushed the limits far further than RC. And don't get me wrong, RC is amazing, but SW took the new technology of instumentation and production to levels that no other artist had come anywhere near.

What say ye?

There isn't many and to be honest thinking right now I can think of 1 person that has been more influential to music than Stevie other than maybe The Beatles, Elvis , and the Stones.

Can't we just tell Stevie that Ray was about him?

Ray Charles was good but not even remotely close to the Icon Stevie Wonder is nor did he have nearly the musical impact.

Ray Charles was good but not even remotely close to the Icon Stevie Wonder is nor did he have nearly the musical impact.

I think you greatly underestimate how influental Ray Charles was.

And he missed my point/joke. But I'll keep swinging.

Ray Charles>Stevie Wonder

That was my first thought as well, but Charles was still alive while the movie was being made.

:thumbsup:

Ray had the drug addiction and all the rest to add elements to the story other than just his musical career. I don't know a lot about Stevie, but isn't he a pretty straight arrow? :dunno:

Ray had the drug addiction and all the rest to add elements to the story other than just his musical career. I don't know a lot about Stevie, but isn't he a pretty straight arrow? :dunno:

He sucks at archery.

He sucks at archery.

Well that's something, but I'm not sure it will carry a whole movie.

Well that's something, but I'm not sure it will carry a whole movie.

How about Stevie and Ray get into a shooting match? That shiit could go on for weeks.

How about Stevie and Ray get into a shooting match? That shiit could go on for weeks.

It would be the cinematic equivalent of an RP/Newbie thread.

Stevie Wonder was awesome through the 60's and 70's and then suddenly started sucking horse balls after 1980. When he started writing junk like I Just Called To Say I Love You, Ebony & Ivory, Part Time Lover, and Do I Do, I thought maybe he had a stroke or something. The only two great post-1980 songs he had (IMO) were Master Blaster ('80) and Overjoyed ('86). But from 63-79, hew was as good as anyone in music.

:banana:

:first:

Stevie Wonder was awesome through the 60's and 70's and then suddenly started sucking horse balls after 1980. When he started writing junk like I Just Called To Say I Love You, Ebony & Ivory, Part Time Lover, and Do I Do, I thought maybe he had a stroke or something. The only two great post-1980 songs he had (IMO) were Master Blaster ('80) and Overjoyed ('86). But from 63-79, hew was as good as anyone in music.

Spot-focking on. :thumbsup:

Ray Charles never released anything remotely close to being as impactful/influential as Songs In The Key Of Life.