Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***The Official Seattle Seahawks 2013 Season Thread***

I haven't been paying as much attention to football as I should this year, but how does the fanbase feel about Harvin at this point? Any buyer's remorse? Or waiting until next season to make a definitive stance?

Good win! :first: Hawks need to open up the offense next week though. Playing to conservative.

I'm personally having a bit of remorse on Harvin. I think next year can be much better for him, but we could have got Patterson with that first round draft pick. Harvin is just to injury prone, and even if he has a solid year next year, the year after he could get hurt again. I didn't realize he was this fragile.

I also have much more respect for G. Tate now. I think he's the wide to keep as he's entering free agency next year. His punt returns alone are so valuable, but there is so many other things that he does well and if he could face #2 or #3 corners instead of #1 he would really benefit. He can do similar things as Harvin even though our OC is not letting him like he did last year.

All that being said, we gave up a lot for Harvin. He's not going anywhere and he'll get a solid chance next year. That could change my mind with an outstanding year. ;)

But, the health issues will always be there just like S. Rice. We need to keep Tate and still look for a "big wide" to replace S. Rice. Harvin can run it's course as a gimmick guy.

23-8 with 30 seconds to go. I consider this a blow out win. Oof, my head was hurting this morning. I don't remember much of the New England/Colts game. Ah, playoff football. Well, Final Four. One more home win, and then it's on to the Super Bowl.

Well. Here we go.

As it should be, the class of the NFC meets in the conference championship.

Going to be a fun one.

SF seems to be rolling a bit more right now.

Seattle has to get their offense rolling to compliment that punishing D.

SF can't rely on the amount of good calls they got today...and Kaep can't throw a few passes like he did last week that Green Bay dropped.

Should be a fun hard hitting game.

Hope it stays clean and the refs let them play physically

• Like 1

Hate to tell you this, but great cover corners rarely lead the league in interceptions. Quarterbacks avoid throwing their way. Sherman hasn't reached that level yet.

I rated him as my #6 corner. Last I checked, that was top ten. Outside of top five. hth

Yes, you're correct - quarterbacks rarely throw at great cover corners. Sherman was the least targeted CB in 2013. He's at that level now.

http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/richard-sherman-leads-league-interceptions-despite-being-least-targeted-corner-2017977/

At what point will the Seahawks make Percy Harvin start wearing a skirt? My God, that pansy ass is always hurt.

Well Brees and Colston were picking on him yesterday. 11 receptions.

Sherman was thrown at once vs the Saints, a pass he successfully defended.

Newbie is still off the deep end. Was it my chili comment earlier this year?

You must be more obsessed with me than I am with myself. What the hell is the 'chili comment'? You mention it quite often and I have no recollection of a chili comment. But God bless you. Your mancrush on me is adorable. :wave:

Wow! Still living in a Seahawk thread. His hatred is palpable.

Are you now backtracking about this supposed 'chili comment' that supposedly has me still reeling a year later? :doh:

Are you now backtracking about this supposed 'chili comment' that supposedly has me still reeling a year later? :doh:

This is a championship thread. The rest is noise. Have a good day. Be safe.

This is a championship thread. The rest is noise. Have a good day. Be safe.

LOLOLOL You're the one who brought it up. Multiple times. I finally give you want you want and choose to engage you and you end up choking on it. You ran your mouth and when I lunged, you ###### your pants. There never was a chili comment, was there? You just got called out and had a little accident in your pants. :wave:

You must be more obsessed with me than I am with myself. What the hell is the 'chili comment'? You mention it quite often and I have no recollection of a chili comment. But God bless you. Your mancrush on me is adorable. :wave:

For some reason...he thinks someone making enough chili to enjoy for a little while is cheap and beneath him.

He prefers making fresh ramen every night.

Actually, I'm not giving you what you want. Have a good day. Get help. :(

LOL. It's called chirping until you get called out on it and then tucking your tail between your legs like a little pussie. Next time you think you're holding an ace up your sleeve, either swallow it like you did to all those boys in high school gym class, or be prepared to finish off the discussion if you get called out on your chirping. Because it really made you look like a little girl how your only wanted to talk about the Championship game as soon as I jacked you up against the lockers and asked what it was you were talking about. LOLOL Ok, I'm going to put you down now. Pick up your books and run off the class. Crying. I think I've beat you up enough. :music_guitarred:

LOL. It's called chirping until you get called out on it and then tucking your tail between your legs like a little pussie. Next time you think you're holding an ace up your sleeve, either swallow it like you did to all those boys in high school gym class, or be prepared to finish off the discussion if you get called out on your chirping. Because it really made you look like a little girl how your only wanted to talk about the Championship game as soon as I jacked you up against the lockers and asked what it was you were talking about. LOLOL Ok, I'm going to put you down now. Pick up your books and run off the class. Crying. I think I've beat you up enough. :music_guitarred:

If it makes you feel good, then I've done my good deed for the day. :thumbsup:

If it makes you feel good, then I've done my good deed for the day. :thumbsup:

Game. Set. Match

Maybe tomorrow will be better for you. Bye now. :wave:

Game. Set. Match

Maybe tomorrow will be better for you. Bye now. :wave:

Today has been awesome. If tomorrow is better....the rich get richer. Take care :thumbsup:

Hawks rightfully the favorites but I just have the feeling SF is going to win a close one

Hawks rightfully the favorites but I just have the feeling SF is going to win a close one

Gee shocking :rolleyes: But the real question: will your little pathetic Niner thread break 2 pages? :dunno:

If we removed all the posts where people are making fun of Faghawker and the ones where he gets hooked every time, this thread would have about 100 posts, tops. Thank God he gives us such easy material. This could go on forever.

• Like 1

If we removed all the posts where people are making fun of Faghawker and the ones where he gets hooked every time, this thread would have about 100 posts, tops. Thank God he gives us such easy material. This could go on forever.

Geez even stalking me after work hours. Get well little buddy! :wave:

That would be sweet if he does play! We could use him for sure.

And if Harvin is cleared, all hands on deck!! :banana: :overhead:

And if Harvin is cleared, all hands on deck!! :banana: :overhead:

:first:

I hope we open up the offense more this game. I haven't been in favor of our game plan/OC the last 4 weeks and to much pressure is being put on our Def. and running game to win it.

I know we want to pound them, and we can still continoue to do that. But, we need to get Wilson and the wides/Z. Miller more involved in the game and get some confidence. Pass on first down once in awhile. Open up the run with the pass. And don't let up until the 4th qrt. when running is best to kill clock.

That game plan vs N.O/Arizona/Rams might not work against S.F. as they will try and stop our run and can probably do it.

We have the def where we can take some chances on offense, so we should open it up on them.

Come up with some new wrinkles and not be so predictable. Way to many 3 and outs latley.

OC and game plan need to step up! Wilson and wides too.

GO HAWKS!

:clap:

I think a fair question would be how many months has it been since we faced a shitty defense. Game after game after game, it's been playing against a good defense and/or good secondary. Of course the passing game/offense has hit the skids a bit lately. Going backwards, our opponents have been, with their rank in total defense:

New Orleans(#4)

St Louis(#15)

Arizona(#6)

NYGiants(#8)

San Francisco(#5)

New Orleans(#4)

I guess Atlanta might be the last weaker defensive team that this offense has faced. Clearly, the defense has been playing lights out to finish the season, so the game plan has been ultra conservative to take advantage of that team strength. But that offensive capability is still there. It's just dormant. With expected better weather for this Sunday, I get the feeling the play book will open up a bit and some new wrinkles of the offense will be introduced because now and only now is it going to be needed.