Sign in to follow this  
Wil Infamous

Vincent Jackson, Reggie Wayne or Danny Amendola

In a 12 team PPR keeper (keeping Ray Rice, Marshawn Lynch and Jimmy Graham) I planed to go WR with my first pick but in the 11th spot 4th Rd it looks like, unless Fitzgerald falls, I'll have to choose from Vincent Jackson and Reggie Wayne as my WR1. Could go Amendola but as a Pats fan and previous Amendola owner I'm trying not to drink the Kool Aid of a possible 100 rec season and him staying healthy.

Any one like one WR over another in this spot?

• Like 1

VJax, Amendola, Wayne.

Insert Fitz ahead of all 3 if he falls.

My $.02

Amendola, Wayne, VJax.

If you don't trust Amendola, then Wayne, VJax, Amendola.

But Wayne caught 100+ last year, it's PPR, and Luck looks his way a ish load and will keep looking for him again this year.

I'm going Wayne. I want more than 1 year of solid PPR production from VJax before I trust him as my #1. Wayne may "only" get 80 recs this year if he takes a big fall from Arians leaving - but that's still 80 recs. VJax may not put that up as his top end...

In a 12 team PPR keeper (keeping Ray Rice, Marshawn Lynch and Jimmy Graham) I planed to go WR with my first pick but in the 11th spot 4th Rd it looks like, unless Fitzgerald falls, I'll have to choose from Vincent Jackson and Reggie Wayne as my WR1. Could go Amendola but as a Pats fan and previous Amendola owner I'm trying not to drink the Kool Aid of a possible 100 rec season and him staying healthy.

Wayne had a drop off in the last 5 games of last year and only had 5 TDs all year. Hilton may be even more of the passing game this year and we'll have to see if DHB pans out which may take more targets away. I have not been a fan of V Jax, but he was less boom and bust last year and I'd rate him ahead as there is much more upside especially for TDs. He had 8 last year.

I wouldn't roll the dice on Amendola. I see him at best a low WR2 based on his injury history.

Wayne had a drop off in the last 5 games of last year and only had 5 TDs all year. Hilton may be even more of the passing game this year and we'll have to see if DHB pans out which may take more targets away. I have not been a fan of V Jax, but he was less boom and bust last year and I'd rate him ahead as there is much more upside especially for TDs. He had 8 last year.

I wouldn't roll the dice on Amendola. I see him at best a low WR2 based on his injury history.

You guys on crack? Amendola is going to be a monster in ppr. Low end WR2? Getting some bad advice.

You guys on crack? Amendola is going to be a monster in ppr. Low end WR2? Getting some bad advice.

First, I don't think Amendola's PPR value could be more than Wayne's from last year.

Second, Amendola won't even make it through the year taking the hits Welker took.

Third, Wayne can lose 20 recs from his totals last year and still be a low-end #1.

Wayne is the safest bet of the three. VJax has the highest TD potential, and Amendola is just the biggest injury risk.

I would go with Jackson, Wayne and Amendola. Think they are very good receivers but VJax to me is a home run waiting to happen. I think he puts up good numbers.

yea i would go

wayne

amendola

vj

I would go with Jackson, Wayne and Amendola. Think they are very good receivers but VJax to me is a home run waiting to happen. I think he puts up good numbers.

FWIW he also has the worst QB.

i like Amendola, wayne then Vjax...... amendola is ppr gold he was even with the Rams yes his injury history puts a risk on it so if thats the case Wyane then amendola i dont trust vjax . wayne had great season last year but he did fall off in 2nd half of season so that puts risk into him as well...thie thing is when your waiting like that to draft a wr in a ppr league theres going to be risk with your #1 wr who should be #2s so good luck

Amendola is undraftable. Might as well make a thread now titled, "I Drafted Amendola and He Died On the Field Week 1. My season is over".

i like Amendola, wayne then Vjax...... amendola is ppr gold he was even with the Rams yes his injury history puts a risk on it so if thats the case Wyane then amendola i dont trust vjax . wayne had great season last year but he did fall off in 2nd half of season so that puts risk into him as well...thie thing is when your waiting like that to draft a wr in a ppr league theres going to be risk with your #1 wr who should be #2s so good luck

I hear that but I think you could do worse than ending up with last year's #9 and #12 ranked WRs.

Nice! Appreciate the feedback fellas!

Surprisingly out of the 3 VJax worries me the most. Freeman is the worst out of the 3 QB's in question and I'm worried that he might have a crazy short leash compared to Brady or Luck and they might just hand the ball off to Martin constantly.

I had Wayne on my team last year but got him in the 9th so it was a great value. Just don't know if I can pull the trigger on taking him, a year older and with Hilton looking so good, as my first receiver.

Any other suggestions besides these 3 for a WR1 at this spot (4th round 11th pick in a 12 team PPR)?

Amendola is undraftable. Might as well make a thread now titled, "I Drafted Amendola and He Died On the Field Week 1. My season is over".

Your season is over if you loose a 4th round pick???

For what it's worth I own the rights to both Wayne and V Jax in an auction dynasty league. Wayne would cost me $28 to keep and Jackson would cost me $26 (I can't afford both). I've decided to dump Wayne (because of the Hilton emergence, the Arians factor, and another year older.) Jackson is still a top 10 WR with very little upside in the players around him. Williams has seen his best days, and I'm not even sure who comes after that. Freeman is looking good, and TB seems to be a team on the rise. From my research of ADP, $26 for Jackson is right around his correct value, but $28 for Wayne is too much.

my 2 cents

For what it's worth I own the rights to both Wayne and V Jax in an auction dynasty league. Wayne would cost me $28 to keep and Jackson would cost me $26 (I can't afford both). I've decided to dump Wayne (because of the Hilton emergence, the Arians factor, and another year older.) Jackson is still a top 10 WR with very little upside in the players around him. Williams has seen his best days, and I'm not even sure who comes after that. Freeman is looking good, and TB seems to be a team on the rise. From my research of ADP, $26 for Jackson is right around his correct value, but $28 for Wayne is too much.

my 2 cents

Not saying that's the wrong call but I think you are underselling Williams. You can do the same type of Wayne-Hilton comparison from last year's 2nd half but VJax and Williams were nearly equal down the stretch.

Consider the line for the Tampa Bay receivers starting in Week 8.

Targ Rec Yds TD aDOT Pts PPSnap PPO

Mike A. Williams 87 44 628 6 15.1 142.8 0.26 0.38

Vincent Jackson 83 45 798 3 17.5 142.8 0.23 0.36

Not saying that's the wrong call but I think you are underselling Williams. You can do the same type of Wayne-Hilton comparison from last year's 2nd half but VJax and Williams were nearly equal down the stretch.

Consider the line for the Tampa Bay receivers starting in Week 8.

Targ Rec Yds TD aDOT Pts PPSnap PPO

Mike A. Williams 87 44 628 6 15.1 142.8 0.26 0.38

Vincent Jackson 83 45 798 3 17.5 142.8 0.23 0.36

Fair point. Actually, in my league Wayne's and Jackson's numbers were almost identical: 16th and 17th overall WRs. And Hilton's and Williams' numbers were almost identical (24th and 25th best WRs). My point is that Williams has already peaked. His days of being a #1 WR are gone. Jackson is in his prime and the clear #1 target. Hilton is emerging as a future star. By year's end he may outscore Wayne. That should definitely factor in.

First, I don't think Amendola's PPR value could be more than Wayne's from last year.

Second, Amendola won't even make it through the year taking the hits Welker took.

Third, Wayne can lose 20 recs from his totals last year and still be a low-end #1.

Wayne is the safest bet of the three. VJax has the highest TD potential, and Amendola is just the biggest injury risk.

Safe? Man, bunch of pansies around here. You trying to be average or win a championship. You can take chances in the 4th with the upside Amendola has. Safe, geez, you also drive 5 mph under the speed limit?

Your season is over if you loose a 4th round pick???

If you drafted Amendola, yes, because clearly you don't know what you're doing and had an overall horrible draft.

Safe? Man, bunch of pansies around here. You trying to be average or win a championship. You can take chances in the 4th with the upside Amendola has. Safe, geez, you also drive 5 mph under the speed limit?

I do win :first: hth
  • Like 1

I would take Jackson, Amendola then Wayne. Reggie is inevitably due to slow down.

If you drafted Amendola, yes, because clearly you don't know what you're doing and had an overall horrible draft.

People who talk like the poster above are the last person you want to take advice from.

VJax 72 Rec/ 1384 yds 8 TD

Wayne 106 Rec/ 1355 yds 5 TD

To me, it's not close. When receivers switch teams there is always a drop off but VJax did pretty well all things considered and is poised for a huge year. His numbers should go up while Reggie's go down.

I agree Amendola won't make it through the year. Way to risky for a 4th rounder especially with the options above.

People who talk like the poster above are the last person you want to take advice from.

Clearly Kent has never once been wrong on any player, ever.

Clearly Kent has never once been wrong on any player, ever.

Only wrong on Thomas Jones and his world class block reading ability.