Sign in to follow this  
DrMantisToboggan

How good is Kembrell Thompkins?

I just don't know... I grabbed him off of waiver wire simply bc I heard he was good on this board. Haven't actually seen him play. His college highlights on youtube don't impress me.

Someone convince me to keep him.

I could drop him and pick up Leveon Bell. I still think Bell won't be the bellcow until a few weeks after the Steelers let him return and we really don't know when he will be back. 4-8 wks???

My Rbs: McCoy, SJax, Lacy, R.Matthews

My Wrs: Demayius, VJax, Jordy, TY hiltion, Deandre Hopkins, Thompkins

My gut tells me to take a chance on Bell.... but if Thompkins is the real deal I would be helping one of my competitors tremendously.

It's not that he's good. It's that he's a starting WR on a good offense and he has Tom Brady throwing him the ball because there's virtually no one else to throw the ball to.

He put up good numbers with Brady against first team Ds in the preseason. If I'm going to take a chance on an undrafted rookie, NE is the best place to take that chance IMO.

He stood on the sidelines last night during the 2nd half while Boyce & Dobson continued playing. That speaks volumes as to where he stands in the pecking order.

He stood on the sidelines last night during the 2nd half while Boyce & Dobson continued playing. That speaks volumes as to where he stands in the pecking order.

Maybe, but in the fourth pre-season game that tells me he's locked in as a starter. Or is that what you meant? I see him perhaps as a poor man's Chad Johnson. An undrafted rookie is an undrafted rookie. But then so was Foster wasn't he?

Maybe, but in the fourth pre-season game that tells me he's locked in as a starter. Or is that what you meant? I see him perhaps as a poor man's Chad Johnson. An undrafted rookie is an undrafted rookie. But then so was Foster wasn't he?

If BB had any questions don't you think he'd (Thompkins) be playing?

I think that is what he meant. :thumbsup:

Me too. That means he's got nothing left to prove. Guys playing last night were playing for their jobs in most cases.

He's played more snaps with and been targeted more by Tom Brady than any other Patriots player. He should be an easy 3 and possibly 2 especially in a ppr and taking the x

This kid has really opened up a lot of eyes during the preseason. He wasn't drafted due to some major off the field issues, but this guy can shake n' bake people off the line of scrimmage with the best of them. He's had more than a few veteran DB's faked out of their shorts trying to jam him at the line this preseason. Here is what I would say is his upside for season stats (assuming that he stays healthy all season).

60-65 catches

850-950 yards

5-6 TD's

ICEMAN

He has looked good since the beginning of camp. He will be starting opposite Amendola. While the Patriots may like to run more this year, there are still a ton of balls that need to be received. You can easily see Thompkins putting up Lloyd numbers (900 yards, 4TD's), but I think that he is a better possession receiver, so he could easily see 1000 yards and 6 TD's. Not bad for an UFA.

I just don't know... I grabbed him off of waiver wire simply bc I heard he was good on this board. Haven't actually seen him play. His college highlights on youtube don't impress me.

Someone convince me to keep him.

I could drop him and pick up Leveon Bell. I still think Bell won't be the bellcow until a few weeks after the Steelers let him return and we really don't know when he will be back. 4-8 wks???

My Rbs: McCoy, SJax, Lacy, R.Matthews

My Wrs: Demayius, VJax, Jordy, TY hiltion, Deandre Hopkins, Thompkins

My gut tells me to take a chance on Bell.... but if Thompkins is the real deal I would be helping one of my competitors tremendously.

I think you would be making a big mistake and yes you will be helping a competitor because somebody is going to snap him.

There are no guarantees, but indications are Brady and he are clicking. They are also playing a WEAK Buffalo defense week 1 that Brady has torched the last couple of years. And you going to dump him for an unproven injured rookie RB playing behind a poor OL????

Hopkins is the one you should drop, but i also think there are better RB choices out there.

You do have deep core of WRs. If Thompkins does go off, his trade value could be sky high and since you already have DT, VJAX and Jordy, you could then trade him to a team that has RBs but needs a WR and probably get a much better RB than Lacy or Mathews or Bell.

Me too. That means he's got nothing left to prove. Guys playing last night were playing for their jobs in most cases.

Its funny. I saw on another board that the Pats are already giving him the "veteran's" treatment. Sitting on the sidelines during the last pre season game.

I drafted Bell in the 4th the week before he got injured. Now I'm sitting with 1st waiver priority and wondering if I should grab Thompkins (my 4th and 5th WRs are Denarius Moore and Brian Hartline) or hang onto the 1st waiver position and hope to grab a hot RB if another goes down.