Sign in to follow this  
hoydogg

Blackmon

I know Gabbert sucks, but what are the expectations for Blackmon? He seems to play better with Henne. Would he be a potential start this week due to the bye?

starting him over deandre hopkins ....because the projections say so

I'm starting him this week due to BYEs. However I would be much more confident if Henne were at the helm (never thought I'd say those words).

up until now, teams have double teamed shorts and stacked the box to stop the run.

what Blackmons addition will do is it will stop some of this.

I suspect that teams will not stack the box as much.

I expect MJD will run slightly more effectively (even though I still think he is done. hes not the same player he was before his Lis Franc injury)

I also expect that Shorts will get less throws, but will make more catches (not as many double teams)

ESPN still has him projected at zero still. Not that their proj mean anything anyways. :)

ESPN projections are the most garbage projections of any website.

I've got to start him or Tompkins. Not super thrilled about either. Leaning towards Blackmon, but I'm 1-3 so if you're choosing between the two go with K.T.

I know Gabbert sucks, but what are the expectations for Blackmon? He seems to play better with Henne. Would he be a potential start this week due to the bye?

how can you trust him with that qb ?

starting him over edelman as my flex

Same. Mine is non-PPR. All reports are that Blackmon has been great during his suspension, I'm taking the chance that they go to him early and often.

Same. Mine is non-PPR. All reports are that Blackmon has been great during his suspension, I'm taking the chance that they go to him early and often.

Also read he looks like he's in the greatest shape of his life according to players and coaches. Maybe the light just went on for him like it went on for Dez Bryant and we have a bona fide stud WR for this season, regardless of who is under center. Or that's what I'm hoping for anyway... :doublethumbsup:

People forget that this guy was pretty good the second half of last year, in my leage (0.5ppr) he was a top 10 WR during the second half. Obviously Jacksonville is scary bad and they continue to start Gabbart but I am hopeful that Balckmon returns solid and opens things up for Shorts and MJD too.

ESPN projections are the most garbage projections of any website.

Yep. Right up there with the Yahoo projections.

People forget that this guy was pretty good the second half of last year, in my leage (0.5ppr) he was a top 10 WR during the second half. Obviously Jacksonville is scary bad and they continue to start Gabbart but I am hopeful that Balckmon returns solid and opens things up for Shorts and MJD too.

Could happen. I'm certainly willing to take that chance and have Blackmon in two out of three leagues

He had 11+ targets in each of the last 4 games, with an average of 6 catches, 75 yards and 0.5 TD's. That isn't bad for a guy who also had a 236 yard game. For where you drafted him (if at all), that seems like it has some good possibilities. :dunno: