Sign in to follow this  
browns16-0

Justin Blackmon

Why is it that everyone seems to have forgotten that this guy was the #4 overall pick in the NFL draft two years ago? There was a reason for that. I was shocked, seriously stunned (and I said so here) that he was going for $1 in auction drafts and undrafted in most snake drafts.

Yep, really loving that I can keep this guy for a 10th rounder next year

Yeah grabbing Blackmon and Gordon are paying off now. The fact he is going against Champ Bailey makes it that more impressive.

I am also so very very glad that I traded David Wilson for Blackmon two weeks ago, just before he came back from suspension.

Yeah grabbing Blackmon and Gordon are paying off now. The fact he is going against Champ Bailey makes it that more impressive.

I have these two in 3/5 leagues. Feeling pretty lucky about it so far.

I sat Jordy and V. Jax for him. I wasn't real happy, until I saw him get all the targets. He outscored them both!

:banana:

Dropped him after drafting him.......but was fortunate enough to pick him back up off waivers :)

Dez Bryant

AJ Green

Justin Blackmon (in 12 team keeper)

Yes my RBs suck :)

Why is it that everyone seems to have forgotten that this guy was the #4 overall pick in the NFL draft two years ago? There was a reason for that. I was shocked, seriously stunned (and I said so here) that he was going for $1 in auction drafts and undrafted in most snake drafts.

I didn't forget, I drafted him and was just waiting for the suspension to be over, paying off nicely.

Blackmon was the missing piece of my roster. Now I am seriously set up to maybe not lose once this season! It was my cagiest move in our snake draft; got him in the 13th round and sat on him for a month.

Dropped him after drafting him.......but was fortunate enough to pick him back up off waivers :)

Dez Bryant

AJ Green

Justin Blackmon (in 12 team keeper)

Yes my RBs suck :)

Ya I have Dez, Green, Blackmon and traded Rivers for V.Jackson.... Seems like pretty much all the RB's suck this year except for a few. I thought I was pretty set with Murray, Gore, DMAC and Ridley... I have all these guys and I am 2 and 4 in a 12 team ppr ? I kept Dez and AJ Green, keeping 2 Stud WR's isn't bad, just been having bad luck. If Green doesn't get it together I may consider replacing him next year with Blackmon...

Ya I have Dez, Green, Blackmon and traded Rivers for V.Jackson.... Seems like pretty much all the RB's suck this year except for a few. I thought I was pretty set with Murray, Gore, DMAC and Ridley... I have all these guys and I am 2 and 4 in a 12 team ppr ? I kept Dez and AJ Green, keeping 2 Stud WR's isn't bad, just been having bad luck. If Green doesn't get it together I may consider replacing him next year with Blackmon...

I had to make a decision on sitting one of them.. What seemed clear didn't work out. Dez, and I thought Green against the Bills would be a no brainers. Then it was down to VJax or Blackmon... luckily they scored the same 31 points, went with Jackson. Who would have thought Dez screwed me and Green just got me like 12 points.

He had an awesome game. But don't forget that Shorts got hurt too. Had Shorts been in there I'm sure Blackmon wouldn't have put up all those stats. It's awesome to have him, just temper your expectations a little, that's all. And before anybody says anything, I know, he had a great outing last week with Shorts in there. I'm curious to see what Shorts status will be.

I went RB/RB/RB, so I was kind of weak at WR with Amendola and Decker. Blackmon was dropped by the guy that drafted him on 9/19. I picked him up on 9/25...might just be what the Dr. ordered for my team.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention that we're a one player keeper league. Since I got him off Waivers, he counts as my 15th round pick next season. And, I can keep him for 14 years (I think...I'll have to double check that).

He had an awesome game. But don't forget that Shorts got hurt too. Had Shorts been in there I'm sure Blackmon wouldn't have put up all those stats. It's awesome to have him, just temper your expectations a little, that's all. And before anybody says anything, I know, he had a great outing last week with Shorts in there. I'm curious to see what Shorts status will be.

Meh, a healthy Shorts might have meant a few less targets but Blackmon would still be a stud. The issues for him are 1) QB play and 2) staying out of trouble. Shorts is a minor concern at best.

Meh, a healthy Shorts might have meant a few less targets but Blackmon would still be a stud. The issues for him are 1) QB play and 2) staying out of trouble. Shorts is a minor concern at best.

Oh I can agree that Blackmon is a stud, no argument there. But I do feel Shorts is more than a minor concern. You're right though, the issues above that you posted are the 2 big ones. Although Henne does seem to lock onto his playmakers, which helps cancel out the 1st one to a certain extent. Lets just hope Jags brass don't let Gabbert start again once he's healthy. How many chances does that guy need? If that happens, that kills Blackmon, Shorts, every bodies value.

Yeah, having Shorts on the field would have amounted to what instead? 11 catches for 140 yards? Still beastly. Dude dropped a TD in the endzone on one of the last Jax possessions too, could have been an even better stat line.

Shorts never has and never will be as talented as Blackmon. Shorts was a helluva sleeper coming out of Mount Union and he's surprised everyone. Great WR3 if you got him, but Blackmon has Dez Bryant, Julio Jones, AJ Green type talent. Imagine if he had a QB.

So Shorts had no problems producing without Blackmon. But people are worried about Blackmon producing without Shorts?

Blackmon put on about 10-12 pounds of muscle. He looked good last year, but not dominant. This year is a different story. His YAC is ridiculous and even though he isn't a burner, he just constantly finds ways to get open. We haven't had a dominant receiver since Jimmy Smith. It has been a tough year, but glad we have a WR to build around.

In regards to Shorts, we can never seem to catch a break. It is unbelievable how many injuries we have had over the last 4 years. Though are team isn't very good, it would have been nice to see Blackmon and Shorts grow together as a tandem, but looks like Shorts may miss a decent amount of time.

kinda equal if you ask me. Vincent has had 14 and 11 targets the last two games he has played with Glennon respectively.

picked up blackmon last week. he looked good out there. hopefully he is the missing piece to put my over the top but i'll have to see more. i'll be starting him without a doubt though. too much potential for targets and tds with his size not too.

kinda equal if you ask me. Vincent has had 14 and 11 targets the last two games he has played with Glennon respectively.

His targets will substantially decrease with Mike Williams returning.

He had 11 with Mike Williams playing with him week 4 which was glennons first start. Although vjax had 2-27. He also played with banged up ribs. just sayin.

He had 11 with Mike Williams playing with him week 4 which was glennons first start. Although vjax had 2-27. He also played with banged up ribs. just sayin.

Good point

And this is what I was saying last week...Shorts will cut into Blackmon's stats, period.