Sign in to follow this  
JTB

Getting an early jump on WW candidates

Often times we wait, until the games are played, to see who the hot WW pick up will be. The problem is unless you are first priority you aren't guaranteed the person you want.

I suggest picking up the person you think may be the hot pick up NOW.

Example: Riley Cooper - Nick Foles is the QB in Philly and the two of them gave great chemistry. I expect a big day for Riley making him week 10's WW must have.

Who do you think steps up in week 9 and will be the top WW candidate for next week?

I'm curious to see how the workload shakes out between TRich and Brown following the bye week.

Foles, Cooper and Donald Brown are perhaps good calls for some shallow bench leagues, especially 10 teamers. In most deeper benched 12 team leagues, they should be already rostered, and perhaps starting this week. because of bye weeks and injuries. I picked up Donald

Foles, Cooper and Donald Brown are perhaps good calls for some shallow bench leagues, especially 10 teamers. In most deeper benched 12 team leagues, they should be already rostered, and perhaps starting this week. because of bye weeks and injuries. I picked up Donald

I have both Foles and Cooper on the pine expecting at least one of them to go off. As for Brown, he is rostered too. However, I picked up Cooper and Foles just this week. I also have Burelson and Mike Brown in the wait and see phase too.

Watching Ivory and Mike James who I dropped, figure they'll have big games and won't get either one back.

Stewart and Shown also on radar

Montee Ball is probably available in a good # of leagues.

From Rotoworld:

Knowshon Moreno rushed 14 times for 44 yards in Denver's Week 8 rout of the Redskins, adding six catches for 89 yards and a touchdown.
Although it was a concerning day on the ground — Moreno ceded three of Denver's four goal-line carries to Montee Ball, and took the rock only three more times than his rookie teammate — he made up for it by doing major work on screens, including a 35-yard touchdown in the fourth quarter. Moreno's workload will be a question mark going forward — the Broncos said they wanted to scale back his usage before the game — but there's no reason to believe Denver will be going with a 50-50 timeshare. It could be 66-33, however, with Ball handling most short-yardage work. For now, Moreno should still be considered a rock-solid RB2 for Week 9. Oct 27 - 7:47 PM

I had one bench slot to fill in a 12-team Dynasty League, and was all set to pick up Shonn Greene this week based on Munchak's comments about Greene having an increased role. But when the Blackmon news hit, I decided to fill the spot with Mike Brown instead.

Often times we wait, until the games are played, to see who the hot WW pick up will be. The problem is unless you are first priority you aren't guaranteed the person you want.

I suggest picking up the person you think may be the hot pick up NOW.

Example: Riley Cooper - Nick Foles is the QB in Philly and the two of them gave great chemistry. I expect a big day for Riley making him week 10's WW must have.

Who do you think steps up in week 9 and will be the top WW candidate for next week?

I'll leave this here......

:lol: Hey man, good call. Nailed it.

:lol: Hey man, good call. Nailed it.

Thanks. Cooper's numbers are night and day with Foles tossing the ball.

I have both Foles and Cooper on the pine expecting at least one of them to go off. As for Brown, he is rostered too. However, I picked up Cooper and Foles just this week. I also have Burelson and Mike Brown in the wait and see phase too.

I'm guessing that your bench outscored your starters?

I'm guessing that your bench outscored your starters?

Sadly, you are correct!

these wr's are on waivers in my league what 2 would you keep for the ROS (standard)besides nate b. already grabbed him?

rod streater

lance moore

greg little

jacoby jones

brian hartline

nate burleson*

michael floyd

aaron dobson

riley cooper

brandon lafell

jerome simpson

all rams wr's

mike brown

kris durham

I'm going to make a run at Brown. I think he would be a great addition to my team. I'm already kicking myself for not signing Stacy.