Sign in to follow this  
throttlers

Sproles

I seem to be in a big minority (wait is there such a thing as a big minority?). I seem to be in a small percentage of people, who think Sproles could have a big week. I know PT Cruiser is getting touches, but he isn't near as explosive as Sproles. Dallas leads the league in receptions and receiving yards allowed to RBs. Sproles has shared the backfield with a handful of guys for years, including PT. Nothing has really changed. He had a couple of down games and a concussion, but he has practiced fine all week. I think Sproles is great upside flex play this week.

As a Sproles and Pierre owner I was actually hoping they held Sproles out. With that being said, I still have faith in Sproles and am rolling with him in a potential shootout. Plus, I don't want to have him on the bench the week he explodes. I'll take my chances with a boom or bust opportunity.

I disagree that sproles is more explosive than PT, the most underrated back in the league probably. His biggest weakness is a lack of ability in handling a full work load unfortunately. If PT were a little more durable I think he could easily be a top 5 back.

I disagree that sproles is more explosive than PT, the most underrated back in the league probably. His biggest weakness is a lack of ability in handling a full work load unfortunately. If PT were a little more durable I think he could easily be a top 5 back.

As a New Orleans native and Saints fan who watches almost every snap, I will have to disagree. PT is great at screen passes, but explosive is not a word I would use to describe him. I do agree that PT is underrated, but he doesn't have Sproles' ability to take it to the house on any touch.

Sproles upside is very high, he's shown it in the past and we've had glimpses this season. The problem is his floor is way lower this season than previous years, even ppr where he was a staple for years.

I'm starting him with fingers crossed, but I also don't have any better option (Richardson). Hoping for a bounce back this week.

Great just cursed myself! Now when lynch is on bye ill put in sproles and sproles will get less than 5 pts

• Like 1

Bench. It's impossible to know when he's gonna have a game like this. So inconsistent. Could have used those points.

what a crazy week - I sat him also. Past performance does not even justigy keeping him. A great day for him, but multiple RBS will not always work. What was up with the Cowboys???

I've come to the conclusion that Sproles is too good/small to be a stud. In the few games I've watched, when he gets the touches, he TEARS SH*T UP. And then the Saints get a big lead and don't want to risk his tiny frame getting beat up the rest of the game. Or they want to ground and pound to get the game over with.

I think if he got 15-20 touches a game and could withstand the punishment, he would be a monster. But the Saints have too many weapons and don't need to gamble on a DB finally catching him flush with a big hit when they're up 30 points.

But when it's early in a game or they want to assert their dominance, Sproles is a pass-catching mercenary. I almost had to pick my jaw up off the floor after his 2nd TD right before half because he went from backfield to endzone past a half dozen defenders in about 2 seconds.

I've come to the conclusion that Sproles is too good/small to be a stud. In the few games I've watched, when he gets the touches, he TEARS SH*T UP. And then the Saints get a big lead and don't want to risk his tiny frame getting beat up the rest of the game. Or they want to ground and pound to get the game over with.

I think if he got 15-20 touches a game and could withstand the punishment, he would be a monster. But the Saints have too many weapons and don't need to gamble on a DB finally catching him flush with a big hit when they're up 30 points.

But when it's early in a game or they want to assert their dominance, Sproles is a pass-catching mercenary. I almost had to pick my jaw up off the floor after his 2nd TD right before half because he went from backfield to endzone past a half dozen defenders in about 2 seconds.

Sproles is a pass-catching mercenary. Man I like how you phrased that.