Sign in to follow this  
Agamemnon

Alshon Jeffrey - WR Rankings

Just curious as to why Alshon Jeffrey is ranked so low on the WR board every week? Our league awards 1/2 point per reception and he's the #13 WR for the season, which isn't too shabby for a tenth round draft pick (14-Team Redraft). My team has been crushed by injuries and is struggling to stay afloat; if it weren't for the "Shon's" (Alshon and Knowshon), I'd be dead-team walking! Anybody else benefitting greatly from Alshon and curious as to why he's ranked so low every week on this board?

Just curious as to why Alshon Jeffrey is ranked so low on the WR board every week? Our league awards 1/2 point per reception and he's the #13 WR for the season, which isn't too shabby for a tenth round draft pick (14-Team Redraft). My team has been crushed by injuries and is struggling to stay afloat; if it weren't for the "Shon's" (Alshon and Knowshon), I'd be dead-team walking! Anybody else benefitting greatly from Alshon and curious as to why he's ranked so low every week on this board?

ESPN same thing.. ignore it.

First few weeks of the season he was a disappointment relative to hype. Then he came on but most have not caught up in their evaluations of him. Also I think people keep waiting for the Bears offense to collapse due to the tenuous QB situation.

stop reading them rankings imo

stop reading them rankings imo

They're like crack; I can't help but look at them every week! :overhead:

Which is why I finally made this post. I read the rankings, shake my head and insert Alshon into my WR2 slot. I see the Bears frequently so I know he's getting targets, including red zone opportunities, along with occasional rushing attempts. He's been a godsend to my injury-ravaged team and I wondered if anybody else was as big a fan as me (and I'm a lifelong Packer guy)!

just dumped greene.. to late in the year to worry about a back up RB that gets a few goal line carrys... CJ is playing good. I would rather have Hunter or a number of other RB's

They do this because they dont want to be roasted for ranking a rookie starter so high. If they are wrong and the rookie stinks the joint out (as rookies will occasionally do... even the good ones) they will take a lot of heat.

so they factor in the possibility of a one week regression (call it a risk premium) and amend their rankings accordingly.

for players like this, you are better using your intuition than following the rankings board.

He's not ranked lowly by me. I play him every week without thought.

Dropping Jeffery after week 3 is probably the worst move I made this year. Also drafted Julio in that league, and now I'm left with starting Mike Wallace, Stevie Johnson and hoping for Harvin/Crabtree/Santonio Holmes to come back and do something.