Sign in to follow this  
RoarLions

Are you sticking with Seattle's DEF?

With the issues surrounding Thurmond and Browner are you debating dumping Seattle's DEF in favor of the best DEF available each week? I'm pondering dropping them this week and picking up BUF, which several folks have recommended. Hard to pull the trigger since Seattle has performed so well up to this point.

I think it's a wash either way. Seattle's defense is better overall but they have tougher match-ups remaining and the Bills have the easiest schedule of anyone remaining, though they have been inconsistent on defense. I think I'd stick with Seattle instead of trying to be cute. They're still going to be a top defense every week and they have a pretty good run-dominated offense to keep the defense off the field.

Like some of the Seattle homers have indicated here, the backup corners in Byron Maxwell & Jeremy Lane aren't no slouches. Plus it sounds like they may bring back Antoine Winfield back.

I was personally impressed with Lane in the games I've watched. This game against New Orleans is a bit scary but Seattle's front seven is still good enough to rattle Brees cage.

Unless you have a SF or CAR type defense, I think owners might be getting a bit cute by benching Seattle.

if I had Seattle's D I would not drop them because of the suspension to Thurmond. Browner wouldn't be playing anyway, he's injured. Maxwell and Lane are the next up in line at CB. They both stepped up last year this time when Browner got popped for PEDs, and Maxwell has played great this year when he's been in. Lane has been primarily a special teams beast. Seattle has incredible depth. They are near the top (1st maybe?) for getting pressure to the QB. They stopped trying to be cute and have been shutting down the run again the last couple weeks, just like they started the season. They still have one of the top corners in the league, and for my money the best all around defensive player in Thomas.

tl;dr don't panic, keep seattle's d. they will be fine.

I am not dropping Seattle D/ST but I am also NOT going to play them this week vs. Brees and NO.

You boys have fun with that... I am finding another streamer like Miami vs. Jets just for this week.

Brees is going to hang some points on our Seattle D this week and he isn't likely to give up a lot of pick-6's

Seattle headed for doughnut this week or close

btw...New Orleans has given up the 2nd fewest fantasy points to Team Defenses this season.

• Like 1

Fantasy Football Team-Defense Edict, Page 42, Section 3-C:

-Never bench the Seattle Defense at home, regardless of opponent.

I think they will be fine too, but am slightly worried this week vs Brees. Only other options are the Colts or Titans playing each other...gotta stay w Seattle, no?

There is no way I would drop Seattle's D even with the off field issues. They are must start at home even if it's against the saints.

With the issues surrounding Thurmond and Browner are you debating dumping Seattle's DEF in favor of the best DEF available each week? I'm pondering dropping them this week and picking up BUF, which several folks have recommended. Hard to pull the trigger since Seattle has performed so well up to this point.

like it .. i am sitting the hawks def if i can fine a good def to pick up .

I am not dropping Seattle D/ST but I am also NOT going to play them this week vs. Brees and NO.

You boys have fun with that... I am finding another streamer like Miami vs. Jets just for this week.

Brees is going to hang some points on our Seattle D this week and he isn't likely to give up a lot of pick-6's

Seattle headed for doughnut this week or close

btw...New Orleans has given up the 2nd fewest fantasy points to Team Defenses this season.

Funny - now what if some random week people were looking for matchups for defenses and they saw the team giving up the 2nd most FFPA to DSTs was going to play some defense somewhere, they would be scrambling for that as the pickup of the week.

But tell people their DST is playing the 2nd worst matchup in the league and see what they do.

Sitting them for the Ravens tonight. Might change my mind.

Did u change your mind? If not that didn't work out so good!

Yes. Traded KC D for Seattle before last week. Been spot on regarding defenses all year, mostly because of KC, in small part from Buffalo a few weeks back, but missed badly on Raiders over Steelers last week. Hope I'm right about Seattle going forward.

I'm thinking of going with Buffalo against ATL over SEA with DB issues against Brees.

wk 13 vs NO - bench

wk14 @SF - not sure, might start (seeking info/input) - did well vs Knick first game in SEA (started them then) but this is a rivalry game on the road, tough call

wk 15 @NYG - not sure, not liking the travel, or the situation, in terms of numbers this matchup looks great, let's see how well the Giants keep playing

wk 16 vs AZ - Start

Fantasy Football Team-Defense Edict, Page 42, Section 3-C:

-Never bench the Seattle Defense at home, regardless of opponent.

Please put unwarranted fears and emotions aside, and always refer to the trusted manual.