Sign in to follow this  
ampheels

Support Group for Owners who Benched Decker

Coincidentally, I just posted in your old thread. Ironic timing.

Benched Decker and Wallace for Burleson and Boykin. 70 point difference in my PPR league.

Benched him with AJ Green coming back off the bye week. Started Victor Cruz and Jordy Nelson also. Luckily, I'm locked into my playoff seed and this game meant nothing, otherwise I'd really be kicking myself.

Bench stud for me. Really though. Can't predict this ######.

Agreed. No shame in benching a guy that wasn't a good play. It's like poker... goal is to get your money in when you have the best hand... doesn't mean you're not going to get rivered and knocked off the table. Sh!t happens.

Agreed. No shame in benching a guy that wasn't a good play.

Hey, we all have benched guys we later regretted......it happens. However, I fail to see where Decker was a bad matchup. KC defense is really banged up, having been giving up yards recently, and J. Thomas was out. I would have had to have some really good options to bench him......too much upside with Manning slinging the rock.

Hey, we all have benched guys we later regretted......it happens. However, I fail to see where Decker was a bad matchup. KC defense is really banged up, having been giving up yards recently, and J. Thomas was out. I would have had to have some really good options to bench him......too much upside with Manning slinging the rock.

I didn't say it was a bad matchup...

The dude is hit or miss. And, NE isn't stellar against the pass and Thomas was out last week too... how did Decker do in that game?

Like I said above... I have Calvin and Gordon... Decker will not start for me. Not going to get upset about 41 points on my bench because I didn't bench Calvin.

The bonus is... points on my bench can't be scored against me.

I have Calvin and Gordon... Decker will not start for me.

Those are the better options that I alluded to.

I don't own Decker but the owner who does in our league benched him for Boykin. LOL

He also left Spiller and SJax on his bench today and started Pierre Thomas vs SEA.

Started hilton over him. Will cost me the week high and the money that comes with that. Was already in the playoffs or id be on suicide watch. Shuffled decker and hilton all week too. Oh well.

Since my RB's were soo putrid (Trent and MJD ) and we can start 3 WR, Decker was the only player I started every week. That and the fact my number 1 pick for WR this year was Roddy White.

Started hilton over him. Will cost me the week high and the money that comes with that. Was already in the playoffs or id be on suicide watch. Shuffled decker and hilton all week too. Oh well.

Always go with the first instinct... it may not be the correct one... but it hurts less when it isn't.

Started VJax, Fitz and Gordon over Decker. The sting wasn't too bad because my opponent had Welker and I won to clinch a playoff spot.

be careful not to overeact to this week because decker and the broncos probably have the toughest matchup they could have in tenn. #1 def against wrs and #3 against qbs. decker will be on my bench.

titans pass defense is legit, but verner will be on DT, i actually think decker is a mid-level WR2 start this upcoming week

Since my RB's were soo putrid (Trent and MJD ) and we can start 3 WR, Decker was the only player I started every week. That and the fact my number 1 pick for WR this year was Roddy White.

Lesson here

Go WR earlier next year

benched decker and dropped tate, went with CJ1k, moreno stacy and nelson. FML, if I had just started decker over moreno or stacy I would be in the playoffs in that league. Luckily I won my division in my other league.

Ironically, Decker could easily bust this week against Tenn.

Ironically, Decker could easily bust this week against Tenn.

Is that Ironic?

Dude had zero points two weeks ago... and less than five points 5 or 6 times this season.

Is that Ironic?

Dude had zero points two weeks ago... and less than five points 5 or 6 times this season.

Yes, for a WR that had 50+ ff points last week......a full-on bust this week would have a hint of irony.

Did not bench. Team put up record points for the league this year.

Wanna know what's worse? I got eliminated last week. Bad seeding. Seeded against any other team last week, I woulda won the league. $1500.

Watch out ... consolation round fockers!

Yes, for a WR that had 50+ ff points last week......a full-on bust this week would have a hint of irony.

It's like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife.

I think the irony might be going from ZERO one week to FIFTY the next... going back to ZERO seems expected.

Points matter weeks 1-12 in my league, there is only one matchup that doesn't matter the 2 first round playoff losers ... I put up the most points of any team all year.

A lil ... ironic ... doncha think?

Points still matter for me tho ... weeks 14-16 in the consolation round. Only week they don't matter is week 13 if you lose week 12.

I know it's weird, but 2 week league playoffs weeks 12 and 13.

Team A: Winner. Put up 350 points over those 2 weeks. Gordon owner, killed me last week. $1500. Championship round.

Team B: Second. Put up 260 points over those 2 weeks. $500. Consolation round.

Team C: 4th. 240 points. Regular season best record, but behind the other 3 in points all year. Lucky. Automatic Championship Round.

Team D: Me. 3rd. 340 points. A full on hundred more points over the playoffs than the #1 seed. $0. Consolation round.

Manning, Moreno, Decker ... in a no trade league, I drafted them. Team goes OFF ... doesn't help me one bit. Actually, if I had LOST 2 more regular season games the seeding would have been different, and I woulda taken first.

Yeah ... I really do think.

It's like RAIIIINNN ,,,,