Sign in to follow this  
murf74

Romo Owners in the Playoffs

Are we letting his great matchup on paper vs. GB sucker us into starting him again?

I swore him off but like a bad X girlfriend he keeps louring me back

• Like 1

Don't get me going! Yes, I am all in with Bryant as well. I know I will be hating myself by halftime.

What's your other option? Mine is Wilson who I have a bad taste in my mouth from last week and won despite him. But I swear if I put Romo in I will shoot myself, I know it but I just can't resist the temptation.....

Cutler! Shoot me please....right? Haha I can't resist either....He is to tempting...but if he is averaging another 50-60 yards into half my season is smoke....But isn't this guy due by now? Wilson will be a decent play as well....that's a tough call - but the Romo addiction & allure will pull you in.

I hate Tony Romo in general and I hate him even more in FF. Can't really tell you why either, maybe it's the constant hype/hoopla around the Cowboys year after year, or maybe he just has one of those faces I just really want to punch. That said I have no other choice but to roll with him. I thought I was pretty good with RGIII and Romo coming into the season but damn.....

I am still considering picking up either Campbell or Cousins. That's how piss poor Romo has been this season as a Fantasy QB. You throw out that game against Denver, or at least keep him closer to his average and he is right around 20th in the league. behind Alex Smith.....

And yes I know if you throw out everyone's best game blah blah blah but that was obviously an anomaly.

• Like 1

I expect Romo....and as a result Dez....to have a MONSTER game tomorrow. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Romo throws for 350 and 4 scores.

• Like 1

I expect Romo....and as a result Dez....to have a MONSTER game tomorrow. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Romo throws for 350 and 4 scores.

Bless you.....

• Like 1

I hate Tony Romo in general and I hate him even more in FF. Can't really tell you why either,

That's how piss poor Romo has been this season as a Fantasy QB. You throw out that game against Denver, or at least keep him closer to his average and he is right around 20th in the league. behind Alex Smith.....

And yes I know if you throw out everyone's best game blah blah blah but that was obviously an anomaly.

Wow. Let's just pick and choose what games we will count and which we won't. That makes perfect since. If you're an idiot!

In my 4 leagues, Romo is 11th, 10th, 9th, and 8th. Yep, that's right near 20!

IF you take out this game and that game and any game he did well in and only include the games you want that serve your pathetic "logic."

• Like 1

Are we letting his great matchup on paper vs. GB sucker us into starting him again?

I swore him off but like a bad X girlfriend he keeps louring me back

on one of my teams . i am starting flynn vs cowboys awful def and cutler with them two hot wrs .i am in two starting qb leagues

Wow. Let's just pick and choose what games we will count and which we won't. That makes perfect since. If you're an idiot!

In my 4 leagues, Romo is 11th, 10th, 9th, and 8th. Yep, that's right near 20!

IF you take out this game and that game and any game he did well in and only include the games you want that serve your pathetic "logic."

Jeez, angry much? lol

All I'm saying is It's not like Romo has been lighting things up the entire season including that Denver game. He has gone over 20 points 3 times this year in scoring including that crazy denver game. You know who else has gone over 20 points 3 times? Campbell. I"m not saying he is a better QB, I'm simply stating that in FF Romo has been garbage aside from the Denver game for his draft status. Way too many duds (Last 4 - 14, 14, 16, 9) is not something to brag about or be confident in. He has turned into a game manager and moved away from the gunslinger mentality that made him great for FF. He's doing great in RL stat wise and for his team but I'm purely referring to FF. As much as you say I can't discount his Denver game, you are focusing too much on that one game and holding him to that standard.

Another example of this is Boldin, he comes out of the gate with a 50 point game and is currently the 19th ranked WR although he hasn't played like it after that game. Name recognition is one thing but after 14 weeks the picture is pretty clear on some of these guys.

Also, I love how you call out my logic on things yet you benched Allen in 1 league because you were going against him in 3? Yea than makes a lot of sense....somehow the FF Gods were going to side with you. But just as Romo was a "no-brainer" over Campbell, Allen is a "no-brainer" over White. Doesn't mean you may not end up with more points from White but based on how you see things, Allen should have been in your lineup.

Murf......where are ya buddy.....we lost ya! Stop dreaming bout Romo tomorrow! WAKE UP!!! Lol

Still have Wilson in. So far!

I started Romo in one of my leagues. He's been a pretty good Week 15 player the last two years and he's playing in Dallas. GB, with Matt Flynn playing a little better lately, could turn this game into a shoot out.

I started Romo in one of my leagues. He's been a pretty good Week 15 player the last two years and he's playing in Dallas. GB, with Matt Flynn playing a little better lately, could turn this game into a shoot out.

there is no correlation from random week one year to that same week the next NONE.

I guess the point is he can be relied on to play well in December, contrary to what some on this board believe.

I have foles in over romo as we speak. Romo has carried me to the playoffs and I hate to bench him now. In our leagues scoring system he has averaged 27 ppg.

Foles 19 ppg

Its amazing I have even competed this year

Romo

C Johnson

R. Rice

S. Ridley

Graham (my savior) Coppertone

Hauschka

Torry Smith

Keenan Allen (waivers)

Harry Douglas (waivers)

And so many one week wonders I get from this board that has kept me in it.

I guess the point is he can be relied on to play well in December, contrary to what some on this board believe.

Which is true, but he is playing more like a game manager since the huge week vs. Denver. The matchups being easy he still was throwing under 200 yards a game

In Romo we trust.....to choke on a D*CK when it counts!

Cousins FTW and the rest of the way for me! Impressive post game, impressive debut this season and another crappy secondary next week.....the good ol' Cowgirls

Good fantasy game, but you were right, he "managed" to throw a couple of devastating INT's.

Screwed this who to start decision.

I told you not to draft Romo, but you argued with me about it iirc. This is what Romo does. He puts up big stats when you don't need it, and just screws you over when you do. He has had good half seasons before, but you can't rely on him for an entire season, fantasy or otherwise. At best you can hope he stinks the first half of the season.

There are no more despiseable people on earth than those that sit and wait for a bad game for some idiotic "I told ya so"

Considering where romo was drafted...which preseason adp had him 10-12....he's been 6th or 7th in most leagues. I hate the guy...but I'll take that value in fantasy all day.

There are no more despiseable people on earth than those that sit and wait for a bad game for some idiotic "I told ya so"

Considering where romo was drafted...which preseason adp had him 10-12....he's been 6th or 7th in most leagues. I hate the guy...but I'll take that value in fantasy all day.

There is nothing more despicable than people who argue about the future, then make excuses when the future comes to pass and they were wrong.

He had a MONSTER Fantasy day. I had to start him on a couple of teams since McCown was sent back to the bench and it panned out just fine. With Washington this week, to me he is a Must Start.

He has outperformed his draft position and this allowed me to have a stronger group of rbs

Putting me in the title game. He was a good late round pick

In another league tho not on my team his turnovers helped my opponent who had lacy

I told you not to draft Romo, but you argued with me about it iirc. This is what Romo does. He puts up big stats when you don't need it, and just screws you over when you do. He has had good half seasons before, but you can't rely on him for an entire season, fantasy or otherwise. At best you can hope he stinks the first half of the season.

My team is stacked cause I waited on qb and took romo and Wilson back to back. I benched romo last two weeks and he throws 5 Tds and you are telling me I shouldn't have drafted him. NO I shouldn't have benched him. Trying to tell my I told you so when he throws 5 Tds in two weeks is idiotic.

I would do it all again. As I said before you have no idea who was on boArd when I took romo. I got a steal and backed that up with another solid fantasy qb in Wilson.

I reached Super Bowl in one league with romo and in another I am only out of Super Bowl cause of playing vs Charles (I started romo in that league and lost)

He was a draft day steal as for season he is 6th place qb scoring.

My team is stacked cause I waited on qb and took romo and Wilson back to back. I benched romo last two weeks and he throws 5 Tds and you are telling me I shouldn't have drafted him. NO I shouldn't have benched him. Trying to tell my I told you so when he throws 5 Tds in two weeks is idiotic.

I would do it all again. As I said before you have no idea who was on boArd when I took romo. I got a steal and backed that up with another solid fantasy qb in Wilson.

I reached Super Bowl in one league with romo and in another I am only out of Super Bowl cause of playing vs Charles (I started romo in that league and lost)

He was a draft day steal as for season he is 6th place qb scoring.

So if Romo is so awesome stop your focking crying and just start him.

Didn't Say he was awesome just a bargain for draft slot. But this is one game not body of work. You stream any position come playoffs

Seriously. What a virgin drama queen this guy (murf74) is.

Seriously. What a virgin drama queen this guy (murf74) is.

Typical board moron when proven wrong bring out the name calling.

I'm starting him in 1 championship and not looking back. Hard to say how they (Cowboys) will play after what happened yesterday but with that D and Cousins at QB for Wash the game certainly has shootout written all over it. I'm expecting 300+/2-3.