Sign in to follow this  
Geezil

XXII Winter Olympics

I just hope the USA somehow plays Russia in a medal game -- that would be the only thing for me really worth watching other than this -- the Winter games are nothing but a big FU to Primetime TV having all the good shows take a 2 week hiatus :mad:

I just hope the USA somehow plays Russia in a medal game -- that would be the only thing for me really worth watching other than this -- the Winter games are nothing but a big FU to Primetime TV having all the good shows take a 2 week hiatus :mad:

NBC has good shows?

Other networks choose to bail on new shows during the Olympics, though I would think some of them would probably do decent...

Team Canada looked weak today against Norway. As much as I love Carey Price, the goaltending for Canada is suspect at best. Very surprised PK Subban didn't see the ice. He is, by far, the best defenseman on that team.

NBC has good shows?

Other networks choose to bail on new shows during the Olympics, though I would think some of them would probably do decent...

Nothing has been on all week or coming on next week. Blacklist, Originals, Supernatural, AOS, Person of interest, Elementary, Chicago PD, Arrow, Revolution, Grimm, Revenge, Mentalist , maybe more all have taken a focking break !!! :mad:

Nothing has been on all week or coming on next week. Blacklist, Originals, Supernatural, AOS, Person of interest, Elementary, Chicago PD, Arrow, Revolution, Grimm, Revenge, Mentalist , maybe more all have taken a focking break !!! :mad:

Blacklist is legit.

Castle, The Following, Almost Human are new this upcoming Monday (2/17)...

Everyone bails against the Olympics, but as I said before, I think some shows would be able to compete against it...

Blacklist is legit.

If almost anyone else but Spoader was in that role the show would suck. He brings it from a show that would likely get canceled the first year to top 10 in the ratings every week and one of my 3 must see shows. Blacklist , Originals, TWD - that are on right now.

Honestly, I don't watch hardly any network shows. If there is a good show on, it's probably on Showtime, HBO, or Netflix

Castle, The Following, Almost Human are new this upcoming Monday (2/17)...

Everyone bails against the Olympics, but as I said before, I think some shows would be able to compete against it...

Castle - never watched

Following - decent some weeks - I DVR it

Almost Human -- for 2 big actors and a series Hottie in Minka kelly in a series - man was that fockign boring - I lasted 3 weeks

The outdoor sports are looking pretty sh!tty thanks to the weather conditions. Way too warm, the snow is crap and you can tell it when the athletes try to do their thing. I'll keep watching for the indoor events, especially figure skating and hockey, but I'm about done with snowboarding, skiing, etc.

The Following is absolutely horrible garbage.

Wish I could remember the exact quote I read in a scathing review. Something along the lines of "the worst kind of serial killer show in that it murders believability on a weekly basis".

The Following is absolutely horrible garbage.

Yeah it is a little silly, but I enjoy it...

I have enjoyed biathlon, luge, some ice skating and a bit of female hockey. I can't stand the gay announcer for ice skating so I have gravitated more towards the sledding or skiing events.

Edit: I have nothing against gay people. He is simply the most annoying gay man on the planet. Like NBC did it intentionally to piss me off.

Wish I could remember the exact quote I read in a scathing review. Something along the lines of "the worst kind of serial killer show in that it murders believability on a weekly basis".

It started off with potential but failed horribly as the season went on. I'm still not sure why the serial killer has an english accent when he isn't even from England.

It started off with potential but failed horribly as the season went on. I'm still not sure why the serial killer has an english accent when he isn't even from England.

The character was born in London...

TJ Oshie - Warroad, MN (the original Hockeytown, USA)

:pointstosky:

:thumbsup:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, the reigning Norris Trophy winner isn't the best player on defense. :doh:

Go brush up on your hockey knowledge then come back and have a conversation.

I'll hang up and listen.

Yeah, the reigning Norris Trophy winner isn't the best player on defense. :doh:

Go brush up on your hockey knowledge then come back and have a conversation.

I'll hang up and listen.

Look, I get that the vast majority of your posts are trolling expeditions, but I'll ask you a serious question nonetheless - would you really take P.K. Subban over any one of Duncan Keith, Shea Weber, or Drew Doughty? Even Alex Pietrangelo is having a better season in all aspects.

An argument can definitely be made that Subban should be playing. Is he "by far, the best defenseman" on the team? Not a chance.

Look, I get that the vast majority of your posts are trolling expeditions, but I'll ask you a serious question nonetheless - would you really take P.K. Subban over any one of Duncan Keith, Shea Weber, or Drew Doughty? Even Alex Pietrangelo is having a better season in all aspects.

An argument can definitely be made that Subban should be playing. Is he "by far, the best defenseman" on the team? Not a chance.

I get that you have about as much knowledge about hockey as a pimple on my ass but I'll play along.

http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2014/02/13/canada-has-to-at-least-find-out-what-theyve-got-in-healthy-scratch-p-k-subban/

I get that you have about as much knowledge about hockey as a pimple on my ass but I'll play along.

http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2014/02/13/canada-has-to-at-least-find-out-what-theyve-got-in-healthy-scratch-p-k-subban/

Your link (an opinion piece, written by someone from a TV network that has about as much presence in the hockey media market as the Ugandan Sports Network) did nothing to back up your argument that Subban is "by far, the best defenseman" on Canada. The best it did was imply that Subban should be playing instead of either Dan Hamhuis, Marc-Edouard Vlasic, or Jay Bouwmeester....which I never disputed. So you've got no counter-argument against Keith, Weber, Doughty, or Pietrangelo, other than flinging poo?

You're right about one thing - one of us sure is lacking in any cogent hockey knowledge....but it ain't me. :lol:

Your link (an opinion piece, written by someone from a TV network that has about as much presence in the hockey media market as the Ugandan Sports Network) did nothing to back up your argument that Subban is "by far, the best defenseman" on Canada. The best it did was imply that Subban should be playing instead of either Dan Hamhuis, Marc-Edouard Vlasic, or Jay Bouwmeester....which I never disputed. So you've got no counter-argument against Keith, Weber, Doughty, or Pietrangelo, other than flinging poo?

You're right about one thing - one of us sure is lacking in any cogent hockey knowledge....but it ain't me. :lol:

The guy won the fvcking Norris Trophy.

The James Norris Memorial Trophy is awarded annually to the National Hockey League's top "defense player who demonstrates throughout the season the greatest all-round ability in the position".

You can't really be this stupid.

As I watch cross country skiing I see in the background the sky carts on the cables. Who is in those and where are they going you think?

Suter should have won the Norris trophy last year.

The Nordiques should have won the Stanley Cup last year, too. Sh1t in one hand and wish in the other. See which one fills up first.

Bode wins bronze.

It's a shame his brother, Chilly, died last year. Chilly probably would have medaled in snowboarding at Sochi.

The guy won the fvcking Norris Trophy.

You can't really be this stupid.

That's your only argument - that Subban won the Norris last year? Really? Bobrovsky won the Vezina last year....and is the backup for Russia behind Varlamov, who has won both of his games (though Bobrovsky should have had the win against the U.S. too but didn't, after Quick "accidentally" knocked the net off a quarter inch). And the "best goaltender" (using the same logic) couldn't even stop once, in four shootout attempts, a guy that has never once scored 20 goals in an NHL season?

Still no comments about Keith, Weber, or Doughty, who happens to be leading the Olympics in goals (by a defenceman, no less), and is being raved about by everyone up here? Meanwhile, Subban has been totally forgotten about by every network, outside of maybe RDS and french CBC. :(

Like I said....I wouldn't have a problem if Subban was in the lineup instead of Hamhuis or especially Bouwmeester, who should never have made the team in the first place. Subban's speed would be way more helpful in a matchup against the lightning fast US team than Bouwmeester's lead feet. Keith and Weber are the top 2 workhorses and are playing like it. I'm liking what Vlasic has brought to the team as he's the perfect compliment to Doughty, so I'm not sure I'd want to see him taken out of the lineup. Pietrangelo has been steady, but I probably wouldn't miss him if Subban subbed in for him.

I get that you're a Habs fan but, unless Keith, Weber, and Doughty all get hurt, there's just no scenario where Subban is "by far, Canada's best defenceman". :dunno:

That's your only argument - that Subban won the Norris last year? Really? Bobrovsky won the Vezina last year....and is the backup for Russia behind Varlamov, who has won both of his games (though Bobrovsky should have had the win against the U.S. too but didn't, after Quick "accidentally" knocked the net off a quarter inch). And the "best goaltender" (using the same logic) couldn't even stop once, in four shootout attempts, a guy that has never once scored 20 goals in an NHL season?

Still no comments about Keith, Weber, or Doughty, who happens to be leading the Olympics in goals (by a defenceman, no less), and is being raved about by everyone up here? Meanwhile, Subban has been totally forgotten about by every network, outside of maybe RDS and french CBC. :(

Like I said....I wouldn't have a problem if Subban was in the lineup instead of Hamhuis or especially Bouwmeester, who should never have made the team in the first place. Subban's speed would be way more helpful in a matchup against the lightning fast US team than Bouwmeester's lead feet. Keith and Weber are the top 2 workhorses and are playing like it. I'm liking what Vlasic has brought to the team as he's the perfect compliment to Doughty, so I'm not sure I'd want to see him taken out of the lineup. Pietrangelo has been steady, but I probably wouldn't miss him if Subban subbed in for him.

I get that you're a Habs fan but, unless Keith, Weber, and Doughty all get hurt, there's just no scenario where Subban is "by far, Canada's best defenceman". :dunno:

You're right, I'm wrong. PK is actually the best defenseman in the world.

My bad.

Continue your trolling, sir.

Can't imagine the pressure the Russian hockey team is feeling at the beginning of the third period...

See ya, Russia :wave:

USA plays today at noon against the filthy Czechs, I'd love to see someone put Jagr through the glass :thumbsup:

gotta admit - Olympic Ice Hockey has been pretty fantastic.

USA game 1 vs. Slovakia was fun - lots of open ice and high skill / high scoring

USA game 2 vs. Russia was as good as any playoff hockey game - ending with Oshie's shootout heroics

Czech vs. Slovakia was pretty fantastic last night too.

really looking forward to the USA vs Czech game today.

Fvcking Canada is the most poorly mismanaged team I've ever seen....besides Russia. The US may win this medal game on Friday by 5 goals.

Bode wins bronze.

It's a shame his brother, Chilly, died last year. Chilly probably would have medaled in snowboarding at Sochi.

How relentless was that biatch interviewing bode after the race?