Sign in to follow this  
fanfootballtn

++ UPDATE - DeSean Jackson signed by Redskins

I dont think the eaglea line played all that well last year. At lest thats what i remember. I could be wrong.

I'd say you are probably wrong on this one. :doh: Pro Football Focus graded the Eagles O-Line as the BEST in the NFL in 2013.

Losing DJax definitely hurts the Eagles on O. Spriles was a very good add, they'll draft a receiver early and I expect Ertz to take a big leap but nobody on the team deserves the kind of over the top safety help that Desean drew every week. They must have really tired of his bull to cut him.

I'm not really worried about Desean blowing up in Washington though. He's a great deep threat but not really a complete receiver, going from an O that was tailored to his strengths to a team without the OL to open him up for those deep bombs.

For what Washington paid him I expect they're going to he disappointed in what they got a few seasons from now.

DJax is a massive upgrade at Wr over Hankerson and Morgan. Washington won't be disappointed in that. Alfred Morris benefits too. Nobody was afraid of the #2 Wr in Washington last year. Now they have to fear Desean split out there along with Garçon and Reed and Roberts. I went from a bad group to a scary group of pass catchers overnight.

I dont think the eaglea line played all that well last year. At lest thats what i remember. I could be wrong.

Shady McCoy had tons of daylight to run to all day.

DJax is a massive upgrade at Wr over Hankerson and Morgan. Washington won't be disappointed in that. Alfred Morris benefits too. Nobody was afraid of the #2 Wr in Washington last year. Now they have to fear Desean split out there along with Garçon and Reed and Roberts. I went from a bad group to a scary group of pass catchers overnight.

Maybe, I guess I'm basing my opinion on two things:

1. DJax is coming off a career year after a really disappointing season. I think part of that bump was due to Chip Kelly's system and that DJax is more of a 60-catch, 1,100 yard type receiver than a guy who's going to put up 1,300-1,400 yards on an annual basis. I don't know whether te Skins are going to be able to get the ball into his hands the way Chip did last season.

2. I think teams in general should be built from the lines out and in the draft, which is opposite of the Skins approach to sign big names at flashy positions and blow draft picks.

Maybe it works, I suspect DJax isn't going to be worth the contract they gave him.

Oh I forgot to add: the brittle QB who's reportedly a thin skinned prima Donna throwing to a wannabe crip doesn't exactly sound like a stable connection. :dunno:

Synder loves to overpay for talent that busts. He deserves it.

He has had some poor signings but I cannot remember him signing a player on the rise of their career with Jackson's talent. There is little debate that talent wise, Jackson was a bargain. It seems like a lot of sour grapes coming out of Philly that he was not a rah-rah guy. So be it. He still put up the numbers.

Oh I forgot to add: the brittle QB who's reportedly a thin skinned prima Donna throwing to a wannabe crip doesn't exactly sound like a stable connection. :dunno:

Well, when you put it like that...

He has had some poor signings but I cannot remember him signing a player on the rise of their career with Jackson's talent. There is little debate that talent wise, Jackson was a bargain. It seems like a lot of sour grapes coming out of Philly that he was not a rah-rah guy. So be it. He still put up the numbers.

Usually coaches can put up with someone who isnt rah rah, and i think you may be assuming the issues with jackson were blown out of proportion. Its when they become a locker room cancer that the get released.

Usually coaches can put up with someone who isnt rah rah, and i think you may be assuming the issues with jackson were blown out of proportion. Its when they become a locker room cancer that the get released.

Jackson's no choir boy, but it's the NFL. Apparently he and Chip Kelly did not get along, that doesn't necessarily make him locker room cancer. Throw in his salary and I'm sure it was an easy decision for the Eagles. I am not even sure anyone has mentioned any "issues" by name. I certainly have not heard any with any factual basis.

Jackson's no choir boy, but it's the NFL. Apparently he and Chip Kelly did not get along, that doesn't necessarily make him locker room cancer. Throw in his salary and I'm sure it was an easy decision for the Eagles. I am not even sure anyone has mentioned any "issues" by name. I certainly have not heard any with any factual basis.

He's been deactivated by Reid, admitted to dogging it for a year cause he didn't like his contract, takes multiple 15-yard flags for being a bonehead every year, shouts at his coaches on the sideline, got arrested last offseason, been questioned about his association with members of the Crips, and not one person on the Eagles said a single thing in his defense or acted the least but upset when he got cut.

Kind of makes the stories about him being a bad teammate a little more believable. 27 year old Pro Bowlers don't get cut for no reason.

• Like 1

The Eagles have done this before; cutting a WR with "issues". His name is Cris Carter.

The Eagles have done this before; cutting a WR with "issues". His name is Cris Carter.

And he was a coke head who said repeatedly over the years that getting cut was the wake up call he needed. :dunno:

And he was a coke head who said repeatedly over the years that getting cut was the wake up call he needed. :dunno:

Maybe DeSean's me first attitude will change with this wake up call and he'll put up 1900 yards instead of 1300 and the Redskins will win more games than the Eagles.

Maybe DeSean's me first attitude will change with this wake up call and he'll put up 1900 yards instead of 1300 and the Redskins will win more games than the Eagles.

Unlikely he changed his me first attitude, but he probably can put up some numbers to help your fantasy team.

Maybe Tony Romo will win his second career playoff game?

Maybe Tony Romo will win his second career playoff game?

Thread is about DeSean Jackson.

Thread is about DeSean Jackson.

DJax having 1,900 yards in his career ever is about as likely as Romo ever winning another playoff game.

It's relevant. :dunno:

There is no doubt he's a terrible locker room guy. I just hope season one is a honeymoon season and he has a great year.

He was a terrible locker room guy last year. And he had a great year on the field. That's all I care about.

There is no doubt he's a terrible locker room guy. I just hope season one is a honeymoon season and he has a great year.

He was a terrible locker room guy last year. And he had a great year on the field. That's all I care about.

Actually the pro-Desean backlash has hit with several former teammates mystified about all the negativity. It was simply more Philly BS. The did not want their fans to think they cut him due to salary reasons, so they trashed him.

Actually the pro-Desean backlash has hit with several former teammates mystified about all the negativity. It was simply more Philly BS. The did not want their fans to think they cut him due to salary reasons, so they trashed him.

I dunno about that. They cut the guy for a few reasons, one of which being he's a notorious head case.

They cut the guy for a few reasons, one of which being he's a notorious head case.

He might be, but there is little public evidence of it. :dunno:

He might be, but there is little public evidence of it. :dunno:

He likes to drop the football before crossing the goal line so he can get to taunting and celebrating as soon as possible. He's a pretty public head case.

DJax will behave for a year to prove his critics wrong, then he will go back to his pouting, insubordinate wannabe gangbanger punk ways. He's just the latest in a long line of Redskins overpaid no heart free agents. He will be lucky to break 1,000 yards after Griffin gets broken in half by week 4.

DJax will behave for a year to prove his critics wrong, then he will go back to his pouting, insubordinate wannabe gangbanger punk ways. He's just the latest in a long line of Redskins overpaid no heart free agents. He will be lucky to break 1,000 yards after Griffin gets broken in half by week 4.

Lately the free agents have been good. Garçon was a better pickup than could be imagined. That kid is a baller after getting paid. Luck wishes he had him.