Sign in to follow this  
Sho Nuff

Is Bowe Bergdahl the GOP’s new Benghazi?

It looks like Bowe Bergdahl may become Republicans’ new Benghazi.

President Barack Obama on Saturday proudly announced the release of the only known American prisoner of war in Afghanistan. But the GOP appears determined to turn what seemed like a big win for the White House into a major thorn in the commander-in-chief’s side.

Republicans are piling on Obama for releasing five Taliban militants in exchange for Bergdahl, suggesting the president negotiated with the enemy. They’re also complaining that he did not notify Congress before the swap. Complicating matters are questions about the circumstances under which Bergdahl, now 28, disappeared in 2009 – with some of his former colleagues declaring him a deserter and claiming U.S. soldiers were killed as a result of searching for the Idaho native.

Many of the conservative arguments are, not surprisingly, bogus.

Prisoner swaps, like Bergdahl’s are not new. In fact, President George W. Bush released dozens of men being held captive in CIA prisons during his time in office. In 2011, Israel exchanged 1,027 Palestinian prisoners for one captive Israeli soldier, Gilad Shalit.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/bowe-bergdahl-the-gops-new-benghazi

The rains in Spain fall mainly on the plains.

If you mean it's a new vehicle for fake outrage at the expense of the national interest, then yes, it's the new Benghazi. Guess the old one was petering out :(

Said it in a thread yesterday. They'll throw all of their resources at this one to see if they can get it to gather some steam. Nationally. Amongst non-partisans. Everyday Joes. If it doesn't, they'll revert back to Benghazi. The party is in a bad way right now. Desperately reaching for anything they can. And don't be surprised if there's a new, even more outrageous faux-scandal in a couple of weeks.

If this presidents actions were done by a republican president, the left would be comparing him to Nixon. Nixon wish's he could have gotten away with what Obama has.

If this presidents actions were done by a republican president, the left would be comparing him to Nixon. Nixon wish's he could have gotten away with what Obama has.

Maybe...but people like you, drobs, GP, phurfur...would be praising the move.

i recall Hitler being the comparison by the moonbats

I don't disagree with this.

You may not like Obama and that's your opinion, no problem, the man does stuff that makes me cringe all the time, but to even attempt to compare him to Nixon is.well quite frankly, pretty ridiculous. Can you show me one instance where Obama ordered his staff to engage in political espionage and sabotage?

Has he had over 40 aides and associates go to jail or plead guilty to crimes committed while following his orders?

Do I need to continue?

Dislike Obama all you want, but try not to lose perspective. Nixon was the second most corrupt president we have ever had.

You may not like Obama and that's your opinion, no problem, the man does stuff that makes me cringe all the time, but to even attempt to compare him to Nixon is.well quite frankly, pretty ridiculous. Can you show me one instance where Obama ordered his staff to engage in political espionage and sabotage?

Has he had over 40 aides and associates go to jail or plead guilty to crimes committed while following his orders?

Do I need to continue?

Dislike Obama all you want, but try not to lose perspective. Nixon was the second most corrupt president we have ever had.

irs targeting conservatives, look up what they did, pretty much covers your first question.

As far as jailed, when a guy like holder is the AG, that question is extremely laughable.

irs targeting conservatives, look up what they did, pretty much covers your first question.

That's one of those Obama learned about on the news.

As far as jailed, when a guy like holder is the AG, that question is extremely laughable.

Can you show me any one illegal act carried out by someone acting on an order from Obama? Seriously, I don't recall one.

:dunno:

Can you show me any one illegal act carried out by someone acting on an order from Obama? Seriously, I don't recall one.

Um, Obama hisownself when he failed to comply with a law he signed 6 months ago and released 5 Taliban generals without notifying Congress.

how about fast and furious, i get it paul, you actually believe all of the crimes were commited by low level underlings.

Guess youre pretty gullible :dunno:

How about you tell me which ones the justice dept actually investigated and didn't dodge?

Maybe...but people like you, drobs, GP, phurfur...would be praising the move.

Typical. This is why people hate politics and shut it out.

I remember the abu Ghraib prison scandal. Bush was blamed for a few dumb ass's taking photos with Iraqi prisoners in compromising situations. The outrage on the left was deafening. The media acted like Bush himself had a cigarette in his mouth pointing at a small Iraqi pecker.

But with Obama, we get "Nothing to see here folks" from the left and the media. Benghazi, Snowden, IRS, Obamacare, VA, and a few others are proof of that. Had the Bush administration used the IRS to target groups on the left, the media would have uncovered every stone they could to get the full story. Had the Bush administration put an innocent man in jail who was accused of causing the deaths in Benghazi over a movie, prior to an election, the left and media would have been screaming bloody fawking murder And that's the problem. The media. They don't do their jobs. They are protecting this president as if he was their child. We don't know all the facts because of it. That should piss you off. But it doesn't. Worms, ShoNuff, and Newbie will just say those on ther right are overreacting. Nothing to see here. Sad and pathetic.

how about fast and furious, i get it paul, you actually believe all of the crimes were commited by low level underlings.

Guess youre pretty gullible :dunno:

How about you tell me which ones the justice dept actually investigated and didn't dodge?

What crimes? Has anyone been charged with anything? Funny you bring up Fast and Fuirious when Fast and Furious was preceded by an alarmingly similar gun-trafficking investigation called Operation Wide Receiver, which began during the Bush administration.

I get it, you don't like Obama and have strong reasons for not doing so, but every time one of the Obama bashers here tries to compare him to Nixon, it just makes them look stupid. Nixon was facing criminal charges, many of his staff spent time in jail, many others plead guilty. Once more, can you please show me who, under Obama has been charged with crimes?

Once more, can you please show me who, under Obama has been charged with crimes?

Does contempt of Congress count?

If by the new Benghazi you mean "the new thing they sob like b1tches about" then yes, it's the new Benghazi. Until next week when another fake outrage scandal becomes Obummer's latest next Waterloo.

Nixon was despised by the media. They were relentless in their pursuit to damage him from the day he took office. if todays media did their job, I believe a few crimes would be uncovered. Why is Lois Lerner not in jail for contempt of Congress? Becasue she's protecting the President and so is Holder.

Awwww mdc needs some attention guys, worms, Newbs could you help the tard spawner out ? :(

Awwww mdc needs some attention guys, worms, Newbs could you help the tard spawner out ? :(

And right on cue Sniffles McPissypants stops by.

RMFF! :overhead:

What crimes? Has anyone been charged with anything? Funny you bring up Fast and Fuirious when Fast and Furious was preceded by an alarmingly similar gun-trafficking investigation called Operation Wide Receiver, which began during the Bush administration.

I get it, you don't like Obama and have strong reasons for not doing so, but every time one of the Obama bashers here tries to compare him to Nixon, it just makes them look stupid. Nixon was facing criminal charges, many of his staff spent time in jail, many others plead guilty. Once more, can you please show me who, under Obama has been charged with crimes?

so you feel the justice dept has done thorough, fair and unbiased investigations of all of the crimes alleged?

Cool for you I guess.

Nixon was despised by the media. They were relentless in their pursuit to damage him from the day he took office. if todays media did their job, I believe a few crimes would be uncovered. Why is Lois Lerner not in jail for contempt of Congress? Becasue she's protecting the President and so is Holder.

You blame the media for Nixon's downfall? Are you aware of the scope of the illegal plans he set forth? Are you aware of the crimes his people committed?

I'll say it again, I don't care how much you dislike Obama, you have your reasons, but seriously Dude, your credibility takes a big hit when you go to these lengths to try to prove your disdain is warranted. You are walking a line that only people like RP and Drobeski have tread before.

so you feel the justice dept has done thorough, fair and unbiased investigations of all of the crimes alleged?

Cool for you I guess.

What crimes, for the last focking time?

That's not very nice. Stick to making fun of him. Not really sure that's a direction we want to take the board. thanks in advance.

That's not very nice. Stick to making fun of him. Not really sure that's a direction we want to take the board. thanks in advance.

Sally Bedwetter can't help it, she's just so sad and mad.

Maybe she should've finished more than "some college." :(

already mentioned, irs targeting

Who has been charged so far, and what are the charges? :dunno:

Sally Bedwetter can't help it, she's just so sad and mad.

Maybe she should've finished more than "some college." :(

I think most of us are retarded enough that we invite a ton of insults and we don't have to start with each other's kids. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I think most of us are retarded enough that we invite a ton of insults and we don't have to start with each other's kids. Maybe I'm wrong though.

you're being funny right ?

Do I need to continue?

The IRS thing would've reached Nixonesque status but clearly they couldn't pin that on Obama

The IRS thing would've reached Nixonesque status but clearly they couldn't pin that on Obama

you're a law guy, who is they ? Holder ?

you're a law guy, who is they ? Holder ?

Congressional republicans who have been foaming at the mouth for years. HTH

you're being funny right ?

I was being funny about all of us being retarded. I am not trying to be funny when I say it's unnecessary to be saying sh1t about each other's children. phillybear always had a monopoly on that crap. I guess your anger and misery run deeper than I thought. I really hope you find your way through this. Divorce hits everyone different. I'm in your corner, bud. :thumbsup:

I was being funny about all of us being retarded. I am not trying to be funny when I say it's unnecessary to be saying sh1t about each other's children. phillybear always had a monopoly on that crap. I guess your anger and misery run deeper than I thought. I really hope you find your way through this. Divorce hits everyone different. I'm in your corner, bud. :thumbsup:

pssst,it a tip board police guy that that never has been how the game is played, save your pathetic fake righteousness for your buddies :)

pssst,it a tip board police guy that that never has been how the game is played, save your pathetic fake righteousness for your buddies :)

It hasn't?? Ok. If you say so. Stay classy

And get well soon. Seriously. :(