Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

++ June PPR: Rounds 9 - 10 Commentary ++

How often do you get the rookie of the year in the 10th round? :ninja:

Just read he has been struggling in camp. I had high hopes for him. Maybe he will get it together.. It's early

How often do you get the rookie of the year in the 10th round? :ninja:

haha i was eyeing him as well Dan but could not pass up my biggest sleeper marvin Jones. so funny that a guy who scored 10 TDs is a sleeper but people are seriously sleeping on this guy. He split time last year. That won't be the case this season as he will be the locked in #2 opposite AJ.

as for benjamin, i drafted him in a dynasty where my first pick was 2.1 (traded back from 1.10). I wasn't planning on him being there and really didn't want to have to pick him. Im not in love with what I see on film. very stiff. but the opportunity will be there for sure.

Just read he has been struggling in camp. I had high hopes for him. Maybe he will get it together.. It's early

benjamin? mind sharing the link? all i've read has been glowing thus far. i'd like all the info i can get as i own him in dynasty.

He's stiff, but he's big, his hands are ridiculous, he can catch the ball in traffic, and he's on a team without a lot of options, especially in the red zone. The thing I saw in the film I watch that was frustrating was his judgment. He jumps when he doesn't need to, and positions himself out of where he ought to be. But I expect that to be coached out of him.

Can't find it right now... It's early he will figure it out. The only rookie WR that will be the #. 1 the 1st year. Not bad

Can't find it right now... It's early he will figure it out. The only rookie WR that will be the #. 1 the 1st year. Not bad

yeah i dont see anyhting negative on him. all reviews say he impressed in rookie camp, looked good running with the starters in 3 receivers sets in mini camp and is staying behind with Cam to work on chemistry.

i thought carolina reached for him. when you watch him in college he has that look of a guy who got by because he was 6'5 240. doesn't have fluid hips or even what might pass as fluid hips for someone his size. not a ton of burst. but if hes a hard worker and has the opportunity, that why i bought him in dynasty.

After the draft I thought he would be the rook wr to grab In fantasy... As they say its about opportunity

Need a Round 11 Selection thread!

Any one on this board in trouble with Hurricane Arthur this Thursday and Friday?

If so, my thoughts go out to you as you prepare this week.

I created one. Move that pick ovah!

I created one. Move that pick ovah!

If he doesn't, can you do it Dan?

There goes DMAC .... What a talent, he breaks my heart every year. I just believe he has a bust out campaign in him still. I haven't even watched the news. Knew nothing about the storm. Hope it's not that bad

If he doesn't, can you do it Dan?

No. I'm not a mod for this board.

, MIA could be miami or it could be missing in action.

i believe miller is not very good so i'll hope fatty gets in shape and his ankle is ok by TC.

420............. Rudolph is already token...... select someone else dude.

I am not confident we will hear from him again for another 12 hours or so. I say give him a few hours and someone pick for him.. Just sayin

Well, then, don't be. It's near 10 eastern/9 central. Standard drafting time ended 3 hours ago. He made a mistake; he'll fix it. No need to force through the correction, what, at midnight?

Well hell!!! It does really suck though. If you want to be in a mock....then BE IN IT!

Sorry to disagree with Dan here as I have a ton of respect for you Dan. 420 is within his rights.

It would be the considerate thing to be available, but he is compliant with Mike's rules.

I get it. I really do. I've been running all over today, and was enjoying the really good progress we were making tonight. But you cannot alter the rules because you're disappointed.

He's held us up once, maybe twice, and then sent Mike a list. He's had storm trouble, but I'm not hearing the same commentary about Moz, who also suffered storm trouble. That storm trouble (concerning Moz) also stopped good progress. We held up the first round during draft hours because someone didn't know the start date. o.O

Good grief, guys; he's not even the first one to pick someone already taken. Should he have stuck around to make sure the pick was good? Maybe. But you still cannot change the rules for convenience sake.

I'm with Dan on this one in this instance. Closing time is 5:00 and anything after is gravy. Would it have been nice to keep moving? Sure. But it's 10:30 on the east coast. People have families, jobs and lives. He made the effort (after hours) and made a pick. It was a mistake, but we all make them. I understand some dumbass thought you could only draft 4 RBs. I think he should be cut some slack. Now if you want to complain about the hours when the clock is on, by all means go ahead. But jumping a guys case cause he didn't pick (made a mistake) four hours after the clock was shut off is bush league in my opinion.

I get it. I really do. I've been running all over today, and was enjoying the really good progress we were making tonight. But you cannot alter the rules because you're disappointed.

He's held us up once, maybe twice, and then sent Mike a list. He's had storm trouble, but I'm not hearing the same commentary about Moz, who also suffered storm trouble. That storm trouble (concerning Moz) also stopped good progress. We held up the first round during draft hours because someone didn't know the start date. o.O

Good grief, guys; he's not even the first one to pick someone already taken. Should he have stuck around to make sure the pick was good? Maybe. But you still cannot change the rules for convenience sake.

Well said. We all get disappointed when good drafting comes to a halt but 420 has explained his situation so I have no issues at all when he goes real life over mocking after 5PM.

Ok I will buy that, I am just excited about research I have done and the picks I got... Just Jonesing for the next pick. Hoping I had like minded 12...