Sign in to follow this  
BigMilk

I'm drafting Demaryius Thomas with the 7th Pick

Dumb?

McCoy, Charles, AP, Megatron, Forte, Lacy are the best 6 guys overall in my opinion. If any of them fall to 7, I'd take them (e.g. some dude takes Manning or Jimmy Graham so Lacy or Megatron slide).

But if those are the first 6 off the board, I'm taking D. Thomas in the 7 hole. Yes, I'm aware of the Jimmy Graham lovers who think he should be the first non-RB taken off the board. (like this dude -http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/47577/71/fantasys-most-dominant-player). But I'm in the camp that you wait on QB and TE this year, and so if the aforementioned six are gone, I'd much rather have D. Thomas than any other WR not named Calvin Johnson, and certainly more than RBs like Ball, Bell, Murray, Foster, Lynch, etc.

Yes, I need positive reinforcement. Be gentle at least.

If its ppr, that's ok... I maybe crazy but I like Dez over Dthomas... I think Linnehan is going to make him a super star

Idk honestly tightend position is screwed up this year. Graham is probably the most consistent, but he does have that toe issue and the holdout. Gronk always gets hurt and JThomas was getting hurt towards the mid point of the season as well. The thing is when those guys are healthy, they can put up 20 in a game and if your opponent owns them then that is bad news because its those two guys that have caused an increase in fantasy points on a team in recent years. A good week used to be 120 points. Now it's 140. Plus receiving is deep this year, you can just load up after round 5 on receivers. Wayne, Maclin, Watkins, Boldin, Benjamin, Decker, Cooks all mid to late rounds. I would hate to miss out on a tightend who when healthy will benefit your team immensely if your late receivers hit it off. Scoring 130-140 these days with a ceiling of 150 is a priority if you want to win a championship.

I agree that its a good choice.

A little off subject, i am as big of a graham supporter/drafter as there is. I had him and his ridiculous point totals in most of my leagues last year as I only made the playoffs in one league, a league that gives big bonus to TEs. Even with his big advantage it didnt make up for other positions i waited on.

R wilson + r bush + moreno + graham still wasnt enough value to make the playoffs

Foles + mccoy + r bush + demaryius + garcon + graham also wasnt enough value to make the playoffs.

I would not take graham in the first personally.

i think the stud TE early trend has finally lost its luster a bit. people are starting to realize its not a premium position unless the scoring is manufactured to boost TE's as I know some leagues award 1.5PPR for tight ends.

DT is as fine a 7th selection as any number of players. nothing wrong with taking him there

Idk honestly tightend position is screwed up this year. Graham is probably the most consistent, but he does have that toe issue and the holdout. Gronk always gets hurt and JThomas was getting hurt towards the mid point of the season as well. The thing is when those guys are healthy, they can put up 20 in a game and if your opponent owns them then that is bad news because its those two guys that have caused an increase in fantasy points on a team in recent years. A good week used to be 120 points. Now it's 140. Plus receiving is deep this year, you can just load up after round 5 on receivers. Wayne, Maclin, Watkins, Boldin, Benjamin, Decker, Cooks all mid to late rounds. I would hate to miss out on a tightend who when healthy will benefit your team immensely if your late receivers hit it off. Scoring 130-140 these days with a ceiling of 150 is a priority if you want to win a championship.

I would rather load up on flyer upside RB's mid round over WR's.. RB's are health risk. Get you a few super stud WR's then grab a BUNCH of RB's I have used this philosophy the last few years and dominated... In PPR. Sure there was some luck, but to me it's less risky. WR, WR, RB, RB, RB, RB, QB, RB, WR, TE, WR, RB. Something like that. Do a mock and check it out

• Like 1

Lacy overall top 6th players ? . Right now I don't have him that high on my rb overall list . Now all my leagues are p p r so that might not be the case here.

This is on a 12 team ppr non flex.. That is 6 RB's and 4 WR's. I hit on 5 of my 6 RB and traded one for my 3rd stud WR.. Had Romo and picked up Rivers off the WW. It was a fun year

i think the stud TE early trend has finally lost its luster a bit. people are starting to realize its not a premium position unless the scoring is manufactured to boost TE's as I know some leagues award 1.5PPR for tight ends.

DT is as fine a 7th selection as any number of players. nothing wrong with taking him there

The numbers say it should work, but for some reason it just doesnt.

The numbers say it should work, but for some reason it just doesnt.

i think its pretty simple. what 2 years ago?, people fell in love with the new trend of drafting Graham or Gronk in round 1 and getting a supposed advantage over all the other owners at the TE position. but most leagues only start 1 TE. Many leagues allow you to flex a second TE but unless you have 2 studs, it rarely makes sense to flex a second. You still usually have to draft for 2 starting RBs, and at least 2 starting WRs and any advantage you might gain at the TE position can be rendered moot if you don't hit on your mid round RBs / WRs

couple that with the recent influx of stud TE's that were drafted late, Cameron, Thomas... promising later picks like Reed, Rudolph... steady vets in the middle rounds like Olsen and the injury issues with Gronk and even Graham with his foot and the TE position becomes as fickle as RB.

i think its pretty simple. what 2 years ago?, people fell in love with the new trend of drafting Graham or Gronk in round 1 and getting a supposed advantage over all the other owners at the TE position. but most leagues only start 1 TE. Many leagues allow you to flex a second TE but unless you have 2 studs, it rarely makes sense to flex a second. You still usually have to draft for 2 starting RBs, and at least 2 starting WRs and any advantage you might gain at the TE position can be rendered moot if you don't hit on your mid round RBs / WRs

couple that with the recent influx of stud TE's that were drafted late, Cameron, Thomas... promising later picks like Reed, Rudolph... steady vets in the middle rounds like Olsen and the injury issues with Gronk and even Graham with his foot and the TE position becomes as fickle as RB.

Do you believe 2nd round is too early for graham?

A.J. Green </thread>

There are a lot of players that an argument could be made for, green is definitely one. I dont think you can go wrong with either. The only reservation i have about demaryius is that the broncos will be facing much tougher pass defenses this year. Mannings arm strength is a huge liability when facing a fast pass defense that combines qb pressure with closing speed on receivers.

Its why i passed on DT for Julio.

Do you believe 2nd round is too early for graham?

not really. but i also don't really like him as an early 2nd where you won't pick again until late 3rd.

its not even that i feel he doesnt belong there, production wise, i just usually prefer to let someone else draft him.... or any TE early for that matter. In the latest FFToday mock I took Julius Thomas in the 3rd (3.4) and really didn't care for my team afterwards. Not a bad team but not my personal preference.

I like Dez this year as the #1 WR

I want to like Dez, but everyone was huge on him last year when he disappeared for several games, and started to have back issues later in the season. I guess that I just can't trust Romo either.

Ugg. Trust Romo ? Did you see both of their stats last year ? And do you know who their new OC is ??? They will look back at the tape and see Dez won every battle for the ball in the end zone ...even with 3 guys on him. They just didn't do it enough, the play calling sucked

Ugg. Trust Romo ? Did you see both of their stats last year ? And do you know who their new OC is ??? They will look back at the tape and see Dez won every battle for the ball in the end zone ...even with 3 guys on him. They just didn't do it enough, the play calling sucked

Jerry Jones?

Seriously though, Linehan should create some bigger plays. We'll see.

You are quite the ding dong.. Jerry Jones has nothing to do with his 2 stars he wants on the field all the time. Dez Bryant will do better than his 93 catches, 1233 yards and 13 TD's and Romo with new OC will throw more than 31 TD's in 14.5 games.... Mmmmm I just don't trust their inconsistency, mmkkkaayyy

You are quite the ding dong..

irony?

• Like 2

Damn White Wonder, what do you have against me... You jump in every time you get a chance. Sorry if I disagreed with you on something's ... Jeez ...

Damn White Wonder, what do you have against me... You jump in every time you get a chance. Sorry if I disagreed with you on something's ... Jeez ...

dont worry buddy, you didnt disagree with me on anything. i thought u liked to poke at people during the mock? cant take a little ribbing yourself? :P

Last year Romo had a decent season because of the schedule. He does not have that schedule next year

He faces the NFC West, where it will be tough to get 25-30 against all four of them. Then he has the AFC South which they can run the ball with Murray and likely Romo will not need to do much. Maybe Jacksonville. Then there's going back to Chicago in December. Ntm he doesnt put up the best fantasy stats in Philadelphia, and the giants have an improved secondary as well. i just do not see the same value as last year.

How are you guys feeling with pairing a stud RB with a stud WR? Like going RB-WR first to rounds? I've been mocking some and kind of like what I'm getting with it

1st off it doesn't matter what secondary the giants have.. It's always a shoot out. Dallas does have a tougher schedule with the NFC w but they will always be behind and playing catch up. And Romo has been top 10 since he took the job.. It wasn't just last year

I think Rodgers or brees will be the top qb this year over manning. DT is awesome but I still think you need a RB in that spot and someone will go off the path and one of those guys will fall to you.

1.5 PPR TE? then take him if Graham is off the board. Otherwise, why not wait to take him in the 2nd ?

1.5 PPR TE? then take him if Graham is off the board. Otherwise, why not wait to take him in the 2nd ?

Because theres a good chance he wont be there. I always say, a reach is taking a guy when its all but assured he would be there a round later. But if DT is the guy he thinks will be the best after Calvin, the nhe has to go get DT or he will prob be gone. People at the turn right after rnd 1 are salivating over that next high tier position value they can gobble up and top 4 wrs are popular targets over the remaining chumps at RB left after just the first rnd.

I think Rodgers or brees will be the top qb this year over manning. DT is awesome but I still think you need a RB in that spot and someone will go off the path and one of those guys will fall to you.

I agree brees will be the top qb this year. I believe he will have numbers that approach mannings last year. That offenseis going to be humming.

I agree brees will be the top qb this year. I believe he will have numbers that approach mannings last year. That offenseis going to be humming.

The funny thing is, I actually thought last year that Brees was going to have the season that Peyton did.

If Graham doesn't hold out I would take him as the first non RB after Megatron. He would have been easily top 3 WR last year as a TE - if he wasn't gimpy a few games would have been #1 for both WR and TE. Graham gives you a 10 point bump a game on everyone you play if it's a must start TE league. I have my top 5 redraft ranked for PPR as Megatron,Charles,McCoy,AD, Graham

dont worry buddy, you didnt disagree with me on anything. i thought u liked to poke at people during the mock? cant take a little rimming yourself? :P

Fixed :thumbsup: