Sign in to follow this  
vrabinec

Most fantasy points in PPR league for Tennessee, Greene, Sankey, or McCluster?

I know Sankey is the sexy pick these days, but I get the feeling McCluster's gonna get a lot of work. Whisenhunt likes that kind of player. Especially if you get points for returns.

Nice point... I was thinking the same thing the other day. There are a few up and coming Sproles type guys. Dallas has Dunbar ... i think we will have to wait till preseason.

I went on a road trip to see a game in Arrowhead stadium last year with my buds... They loved him there.... Btw it's true, their tail gating parties are un matched

He is right about Sankey though.. You have to go with him. Mccluster is a late round ppr sleeper.. Probably more suited for the WW until proven other wise.

How am i clueless? Mccluster hasnt done anything to show he has the ability to produce consistently.

Take my advice, do not draft mccluster. He is absolutely useless. The only way he becomes relevant is if there are multiple injuries to titans rbs/wrs. Even then chances of getting him a lot of touches in their offense isnt likely.

The dude is not even close to dynamic enough to turn a few touches into solud fantasy numbers.

McCluster will get his share of work but not enough . Sankey is the better upside pick.

How am i clueless? Mccluster hasnt done anything to show he has the ability to produce consistently.

Take my advice, do not draft mccluster. He is absolutely useless. The only way he becomes relevant is if there are multiple injuries to titans rbs/wrs. Even then chances of getting him a lot of touches in their offense isnt likely.

The dude is not even close to dynamic enough to turn a few touches into solud fantasy numbers.

your not.

i have a tough time taking this question seriously, too.

there is little doubt about this situation, classic overthink.

it's sankey, all day everyday, all year.

Sankey scores the most points of the bunch BUT his upside is limited by an offense lead by Jake Locker and the threat of sharing touches with McCluster and Greene. I don't think that Sankey is a great short yardage back and I fear that Greene or even Battle gets goal line looks and the sparse TD opps. Add in some 3rd down work for McCluster and Sankey's point total is capped.

Never use Shonn Greene and PPR in the same sentence...

Hmm, I was expecting more support for McCluster. I just remember the way Wisenhunt used Antwan Radel El and Stevens-Howling. He loves those gadget plays. I see him running McCluster out of the slot a lot, and getting him 50 catches +-. But I'm not sure how involved he'll get him in the running game. He had more than 100 rushing attempts a couple years ago, and his yards per carry is pretty damn good. If he gets close to 100 rushes to go with 50 catches, that's pretty close to 1000 total yards. Of course, if he doesn't get the rushes, then he's closer to 500 yards, and not much help unless you have a league that pays for return yards.

• Like 1

Even if mccluster has 1000 yards and 50 receptions, his ppg average is 9.4. Arent you pretty much screwed if youre relying on him in anything less than a 14 team league?

Yeah, I think you're screwed with ANY of Tennessee's running backs unless you're in anything less than a 14. I was just comparing the three backs to each other. I don't see Sankey getting more than 800 yards and something like 5 TDs. That doesn't set all that high of a bar for McCluster to clear in order to be "better". Lacy and Bell had a lot of yards last year as rookies, but there was NOBODY on their teams who could run with it other than them. Greene is respectable. McCluster will take carries away.

Yeah, I think you're screwed with ANY of Tennessee's running backs unless you're in anything less than a 14. I was just comparing the three backs to each other. I don't see Sankey getting more than 800 yards and something like 5 TDs. That doesn't set all that high of a bar for McCluster to clear in order to be "better". Lacy and Bell had a lot of yards last year as rookies, but there was NOBODY on their teams who could run with it other than them. Greene is respectable. McCluster will take carries away.

Why cant sankey get more than 800 yards? He may get a ton of touches which would guarantee a solid rushing total in the end.

Why cant sankey get more than 800 yards? He may get a ton of touches which would guarantee a solid rushing total in the end.

Is that a sales pitch FBN? :)

Last year Alex smith liked the dump offs to mccluster. Defenses were all keyed on Charles and kc had a nice schedule. DM spent more time in the slot.

DM doesn't have breakaway speed. If you think he's going to be listed as a wr and actually used in the slot maybe he's a decent flex alternative or wr3 at best in ppr leagues

Sankey COULD get more than 800 yards, but I don't think he will. The running back situation resembles a mix of 3 teams Wisenhunt was either the OC or coach for.

1. The 2005 Steelers had Bettis who was clearly not the player he used to be at that point, it being his last season, and yet he was the starting RB. They had a rookie who was clearly a better back at that time, Willie Parker, but Parker was a poor pass blocker, which Sankey is. It took an injury to Bettis for Parker to get the start. Even then, Parker only ended up with 255 carries. This is on a team that had no other back for weeks, and ran the ball 65% of the time.

2. The 2008 Cards. The Cards had an aging Edgerin James as the starter. Again, he was clearly not what he had once been. They had a young kid in Hightower, and a rookie in Arrington who were both better running with the ball than Edge was at that point. Edge got 133 carries, Hightower got 143, and Arrington got 31. But neither of them was much of a pass blocker (Hightower NEVER turned out to be decent at picking up the blitz, and I'm convinced it kept him from ever getting any real shot at being the guy in Arizona.) Again, Sankey is awful right now at picking up the blitz.

3. Last year in San Diego, Wisenhunt had Matthews as the workhorse, but he loves the gadget play, the back catching it out of the backfield, providing that dual threat. Matthews got 285 carries, and Danny Woodhead, that dual threat like McCluster is, got 106 carries.

So, combine those situations to extrapolate what we'll see this year in Tennessee. Yeah, Sankey will probably get the majority of the carries, but Whiz will bring Greene in when he needs pass protection, and he will probably start out with Greene as the guy until Sankey learns the ropes and at least learns to be respectable in picking up the blitz, and he'll sprinkle McCluster in like he did Woodhead. IMO, that's gonna limit Sankey's carries to the 180 neighborhood. At 4.3 yards per carry, that's 774 yards.

I'm thinking Dexter McCluster might be worth a roster spot...

4.53 speed, 37.5" vertical, 20 reps on bench, and an elite agility score of 10.79. In addition, his coach immediately paid at the top of the RB market for him (3 years @ $9M, $4.5M guaranteed) when free agency opened. And, he is projected to play the same role that last year produced a combined line of 69/974/8 for a final RB ranking of RB13.

McCluster was used out of the slot last year - for reasons expressed above I don't think he replicates his receptions. He won't have a talent like Jamaal Charles to worry defenses and he won't have a QB as adept at the dumpoff as Alex Smith.

If yahoo designates him as a rb/wr, that increases his value as he can backup two different positions. I'd consider him a late round pick - for a guy his size, 4.53 is not that fast.

I'm thinking Dexter McCluster might be worth a roster spot...

4.53 speed, 37.5" vertical, 20 reps on bench, and an elite agility score of 10.79. In addition, his coach immediately paid at the top of the RB market for him (3 years @ $9M, $4.5M guaranteed) when free agency opened. And, he is projected to play the same role that last year produced a combined line of 69/974/8 for a final RB ranking of RB13.

Mcclusters 40 at the combine is listed at 4.58 and he was 172 lbs coming out of college. A player that thin is an extreme injury risk, especially when they arent very fast. At that weight he should have been much faster. I see a bad injury in his future if he consistently gets significant touches consistently.