Sign in to follow this  
bonkbonk

The 7th pick 12 man league

Got the 7th pick in a 12 man PPR 4 pts for QB TDs. Lets talk targets for us picking 7th through a few rounds.

Round 1 Pick #7:

Too early for QB I think.

If Lacy falls I think we have to grab him. But not likely in most drafts.

Leaves CJ, Lynch, Ball and Graham. Good chance CJs gone too.

Not taking Ball (unproven) or Lynch(drop off risk) here.

So looks like I would go Lacy then CJ then Graham.

Most likely Graham well be left and I hate the thought of going TE in the first.

Round 2 Pick #18:

I am afraid that one of the big 3 QBS might be here. Great value but I think Im waiting on QB.

RB that might be here:

Bell – FU Blount

Foster – Lots of touches, bad o-line, Fitz at QB

Stacy, Martin, Ellington one of these guys might be around in the 3rd.

WR that might be here:

JJ, Brown, Jeffery and Nelson. I think if JJ is here we take him.

I have no idea to take here.

Round 3 Pick # 31:

RB that might be here:

Stacy, Martin, Ellington, Bush and Morris

I would love Stacy or Ellington here.

WR that might be here:

Allen, Garcon, Cruz, AJ

All these guys have issues, I guess I like Allen the best

TE that might be here:

Gronk and Thomas

Thomas might be a great value here

Round 4 Pick # 42

QB: Luck and Stafford

I think we get better vaule later

RB: Spiller, Vereen, Gerhart, Mathews

Gerhart might have a solid year, maybe Mathews stays healthy again

WR: Welker, Patterson, White, Fitz

I like all those guys

TE: Davis and Camron

Probable get one of these guys in the 5th

Who knows if those players well be there during the draft, but just trying to get a feel. What looks better ya know.

CJ/Foster/Allen/Gerhart

CJ/Rodgers/Bush/Spiller

Graham/Brown/(love Ellington and Stacy here but I don’t think they fall)Morris/Mathews

Lynch/(JJ but he wont fall)Nelson/(Thomas not sure hell be there)Gronk/Luck

Who are your targets? I know we take good value if someone drops, but I am having a hard time liking the 7th spot this year.

Martin just got the go ahead to be the workhorse in TB. I would aim for him in second.

Dude 7th is the best spot. You will get one of AP, forte, lacy, calvin, graham. You then get a solid middle pick in the second and you pick middle the rest of the draft. You can pass on a player and have a chance at him making it back.

Dont be diagusted at taking a guy in graham who could have 16 tds, 100 catches, 1300 yards or even better.

I have same pick with .5 ppr league. I agree that jimmy is probably safest pick but I think well have a choice between ball lynch ( who looked good last night) demyrius and graham. I've seen a few teams who went jimmy in the first and I don't love the outcome but it seems like the right move.

Your scenarios are pretty spot on.

I ended up;

Graham

Foster

Morris

Spiller

DeSean

Newton

Benjamin

Terrance W

Very happy with the starting lineup I'll have.

k love to see that. what WR were there for the Spiller pick, and what RB were there for the Desean pick?

k love to see that. what WR were there for the Spiller pick, and what RB were there for the Desean pick?

Floyd, Hilton, Edelman and Wright went after Spiller.

J Bell, T Rich and Gore went around DeSean

OK, let's say that Lacy is gone, do you take Peyton Manning, Calvin Johnson, Marshawn Lynch or here's a curve ball, Demaryius Thomas ? Wouldn't be surprised to see Thomas beat out Calvin this year with YDS, maybe TD's too.

OK, let's say that Lacy is gone, do you take Peyton Manning, Calvin Johnson, Marshawn Lynch or here's a curve ball, Demaryius Thomas ? Wouldn't be surprised to see Thomas beat out Calvin this year with YDS, maybe TD's too.

How is it a curveball? I think its a safe pick with big upside. You cant go wrong with him imo.

Really think i'm gonna be debating between Jimmy Graham or Montee Ball.

It's NEVER too early for a stud QB if the league is a 6 point passing TD league.

The top QB are as sure of a thing then any other position and player.

Last season's RB that went in first round:

ADP

Doug Martin *Bust*

A. Morris *Bust*

Trent Richardson *Bust*

CJ Spiller *Bust*

Lynch

Foster *Bust*

Rice *Bust*

McCoy

Ridley *Bust*

Sjax (round 2) *Bust*

Forte (round 2)

MJD (round 2) *Bust*

Bush (round 2)

Murray (round 2)

Gore (round 2)

I have been mocking, and trying the Ball pick. I like it. That way i still get a WR in the second and a decent RB2 in the third. Hate not to get Graham, CJ or DT, but if i do that, i hate the RB i can get in the second.

Really think i'm gonna be debating between Jimmy Graham or Montee Ball.

I just had the 1.08 and took Montee Ball, even though there were several other players ranked higher by the site. Screw that. Draft based on YOUR rankings. In my rankings, Ball is the 5th best RB in fantasy fooball this coming season and I took him there. I have his ceiling as the #2 guy with his floor as the #7 guy. The people in the league are still giving me crap about the pick. I don't care. Let them draft all they want based on last season. lol

• Like 1

I drafted this past weekend from the 7 spot in a 12 team non-ppr league, all TD's 6 points/1 point 15 yards receiving/20 yards rushing/40 yards passing. In hindsight the only pick I really don't like is Sankey in the 4th but it was him or Jennings/Gore/Gerhart/Bush/L.Miller/CJ so hopefully that works out. There were a few rookie managers in the league and QB's went really early including Manning and Brees before my first round pick.

1. (7) Demaryius Thomas (Den - WR) 2. (18) Montee Ball (Den - RB) 3. (31) Andre Ellington (Ari - RB) 4. (42) Bishop Sankey (Ten - RB) 5. (55) Russell Wilson (Sea - QB) 6. (66) Ben Tate (Cle - RB) 7. (79) Eric Decker (NYJ - WR) 8. (90) Cordarrelle Patterson (Min - WR) 9. (103) Golden Tate (Det - WR) 10. (114) Bernard Pierce (Bal - RB) 11. (127) Kyle Rudolph (Min - TE) 12. (138) Kansas City (KC - DEF) 13. (151) Robbie Gould (Chi - K)

I drafted this past weekend from the 7 spot in a 12 team non-ppr league, all TD's 6 points/1 point 15 yards receiving/20 yards rushing/40 yards passing. In hindsight the only pick I really don't like is Sankey in the 4th but it was him or Jennings/Gore/Gerhart/Bush/L.Miller/CJ so hopefully that works out. There were a few rookie managers in the league and QB's went really early including Manning and Brees before my first round pick.

1. (7) Demaryius Thomas (Den - WR) 2. (18) Montee Ball (Den - RB) 3. (31) Andre Ellington (Ari - RB) 4. (42) Bishop Sankey (Ten - RB) 5. (55) Russell Wilson (Sea - QB) 6. (66) Ben Tate (Cle - RB) 7. (79) Eric Decker (NYJ - WR) 8. (90) Cordarrelle Patterson (Min - WR) 9. (103) Golden Tate (Det - WR) 10. (114) Bernard Pierce (Bal - RB) 11. (127) Kyle Rudolph (Min - TE) 12. (138) Kansas City (KC - DEF) 13. (151) Robbie Gould (Chi - K)

I really like that team

would love this team, but Ball wont be there in the second, Patterson well be a 4-5th rounder.

Just did a mock and it went Ball/Brown/Stacy

i like that more then WR-TE/Foster/Stacy

I had 7 in a 12 teamer, non-ppr.

My plan was get Calvin then go WR in round 2 then binge on RB's and grab a value QB.

Calvin went at #6, plan #1 in shambles I go with Manning because of too many RB gambles after Lacy went off the board at 5 (AP, McCoy, Charles, Forte, Lacy, CJ.)

In round 2 I was waiting on Gio Bernard, he went the pick right before me. Plan #2 in the garbage, I grab Marshall.

In round three I was praying Julius Thomas would get to me, nope, 2 picks priors to me. Plan #3 in the crapper, I get Stacy.

In round 4 there was no value at RB or WR so with Gronk, Julius and Graham gone, I got what i felt was the last semi reliable double digit TD TE in Davis.

In round 5 I took Tate.

Most of my other sleepers and value picks when right before I could get them. Picking in the middle sucks, I hate it, only my second time in 15 years in the middle. You can't really have a great plan in place because of the ebb and flow of the picks. I like the ends, you can kind of predict what will be there and when.

Manning

Stacy

Tate

MJD

McFadden

Hyde

Knile Davis

Marshall

Cruz

Nicks

Terrence Williams

V. Davis

K

D

I had 7 in a 12 teamer, non-ppr.

My plan was get Calvin then go WR in round 2 then binge on RB's and grab a value QB.

Calvin went at #6, plan #1 in shambles I go with Manning because of too many RB gambles after Lacy went off the board at 5 (AP, McCoy, Charles, Forte, Lacy, CJ.)

In round 2 I was waiting on Gio Bernard, he went the pick right before me. Plan #2 in the garbage, I grab Marshall.

In round three I was praying Julius Thomas would get to me, nope, 2 picks priors to me. Plan #3 in the crapper, I get Stacy.

In round 4 there was no value at RB or WR so with Gronk, Julius and Graham gone, I got what i felt was the last semi reliable double digit TD TE in Davis.

In round 5 I took Tate.

Most of my other sleepers and value picks when right before I could get them. Picking in the middle sucks, I hate it, only my second time in 15 years in the middle. You can't really have a great plan in place because of the ebb and flow of the picks. I like the ends, you can kind of predict what will be there and when.

Manning

Stacy

Tate

MJD

McFadden

Hyde

Knile Davis

Marshall

Cruz

Nicks

Terrence Williams

V. Davis

K

D

Well i kinda like this team. Its really 50/50. could compete could blow. Maybe VD was a good pick, i just hate how he is invisible some games. Williams is a great pick. Like were your going with your RBs, tell me about your thoughts on Tate, he scares me. All said and done i think your team competes. At least on paper.

Dig this team, but most of these guys went 1-2 rounds higher in most of my leagues. Mainly Cordarelle, Tate, Ball

I'm mixed on mine from the 7 spot. I really think you can just wait on QB. Mine is PPR - 4 pts passing TD --

I was dead set on Dez or Julio with the first pick and Forte fell to me...and then everyone behind me pciked WR so I went DeMarco.

Starting Slots (10-10)

QB Foles, Nick QB (PHI 7) RB Forte, Matt RB (CHI 9) RB Murray, DeMarco RB (DAL 11) WR Cruz, Victor WR (NYG 8) WR Maclin, Jeremy WR (PHI 7) TE Bennett, Martellus TE (CHI 9) K Graham, Shayne K (NOR 6) D/ST Bears, Chicago D/ST (CHI 9) Flex Morris, Alfred RB (WAS 10) Flex Gerhart, Toby RB (JAC 11)

BE Watkins, Sammy WR (BUF 9) BE Cutler, Jay QB (CHI 9) BE Hopkins, DeAndre WR (HOU 10) BE Robinson, Khiry RB (NOR 6) BE Jennings, Greg WR (MIN 10) BE Amendola, Danny WR (NWE 10) BE Toilolo, Levine TE (ATL 9) BE Anderson, C.J. RB (DEN 4) BE Turbin, Robert RB (SEA 4) BE Carey, Ka'Deem RB (CHI 9)

Has anyone taken Graham and been happy with their team? I'm picking from the 7 spot tomorrow. (10 team ppr, 6pts tds) I was thinking of taking Graham then either Ball, Murray or a top wr in the 2nd rd. 3rd would be either a wr or Doug Martin, depending who fell to me in the 2nd. After that, bpa. Hood idea?

Here was my live draft out of the 7 spot.

QB-Luck

RB-D Murry, J Hill,D Freeman, A Bradshaw, L Dunbar,K Robinson

WR-C Johnsom. M Crabtree, E Sanders, J Maclin, K Thompkins

TE-Gronk D Allen

K-Suisham

Def-Denver

C Johnson

D Murry

Gronk

Crabtree

Luck

E Sanders

Maclin

J Hill

J Gordan (Drop him already for D allen)

D Freeman

A bradshaw

Denver

Dunbar

K Robinson

K tompkins

A Henry ( i think he gets cut so will need to pick up Shisham.)

ok, so Peterson and Lacy and Thomas were keepers for other teams and picking 7th somehow Graham STILL feel to me. My whole draft plan was around grabbing Ball in round 1 but I quickly adjusted to Graham. I love my team. 12 team PPR.

FYI round 1 went like this

1. LeSean McCoy

2. Jamaal Charles

3. Matt Forte

4. Calvin Johnson

5. Dez Bryant

6. Peyton Manning

7. Jimmy Graham

So here's my draft

1. (7) Jimmy Graham (NO - TE)

2. (19) Jordy Nelson (GB - WR)

3. (30) Roddy White (Atl - WR)

4. (43) Doug Martin (TB - RB) (keeper)

5. (54) Shane Vereen (NE - RB)

6. (67) Tom Brady (NE - QB)

7. (78) Marques Colston (NO - WR)

8. (91) Emmanuel Sanders (Den - WR)

9. (102) Steven Jackson (Atl - RB)

10. (115) Ben Roethlisberger (Pit - QB)

11. (126) Joique Bell (Det - RB) (keeper)

12. (139) Heath Miller (Pit - TE)

13. (150) Kenny Britt (StL - WR)

14. (163) Devonta Freeman (Atl - RB)

15. (174) Blair Walsh (Min - K)

16. (187) New York (NYJ - DEF)

Your predictions were pretty good, I just drafted from the 7 spot in a 12 team .5 PPR redraft also. Went like this:

1. Graham fell to me too. Megatron went with the 6th pick, which had me holding my breath for a minute.

2. Julio Jones. Ball was gone, and the only RB I liked with 2nd round value that was left was Bell, and I didn't like him that much. At this point I'm resigning myself to RB troubles though.

3. Cobb. The best RB left on the board was Tate, and I just liked Cobb a lot more than that.

4. Reggie Bush. Reasonably happy with my first RB here, just begging him to stay healthy.

5. Sankey. I'm not really a fan of Sankey in a redraft, but I had to compensate for taking no RBs in the first three, and the only good alternative was Joique. But I already had Bush.

6. Colston. I like his upside for a 6th round pick.

After that it's less interesting. Ended up weak on RB as predicted, but I (hopefully) compensated with an excess of upside-potential guys on my bench (Hill, West, Grimes).

My first 10 team ppr went really different than I projected. Rodgers went #2 (obviously a GB fan).

1. Forte

2. Ball

3. Roddy

4. Foster

5. Luck

6. T. Smith

7. J. Bell

8. R. Wayne

9. T. Williams

10. L. Miller

11. Gates

12. G. Tate

13. Wood head

14. D. Bailey

15. NE def

16. K. Benjamin

It was just a weird draft. Guy who took Rodgers in the 1st also took Ryan in the 4th. TE's all went way early and often. I have some dealing to do for backups but overall I'm happy with this team.