Sign in to follow this  
BTL99

Peyton definitely should go in the 1st round right?

In leagues that give 6pts for passing TDs and point bonus for long TDs and over 300/400 yards, Peyton without a doubt should go in the 1st round right? I feel like the obvious answer is yes he should, but I have people telling me I'm crazy to take any QB in the first round.

Just wondering.

In two of my leagues we start two QB . I will target Manning In the first round plus about three others . In my other two leagues with just one starter, no I will wait .

The reason people say its a bad idea, is because QBs are so deep. There are about 15 QBs that could be serviceable fantasy QBs and they all get 6 pt tds, not just Manning. The only way Peyton should be drafted way earlier than others is if you think he'll be much better than the other QBs (Like he was last year .) , Because the cost of drafting Peyton is having to settle for 2 second tier RBs. I think its reasonable after the top 4-5 RBs are off the board, but this year seems kinda different at the RB position. 4-5 elite guys followed by about 15-20 questionable RBs. So if you cant get an elite RB... Peyton, Calvin, or Graham is probably safer than drafting second tier, questionable RBs just because they're RBs.

Ideally id want 2 solid RBs or stud WR and RB and then wait until about the 6th-8th round and get one of Cam, Foles, Ryan, Romo, Luck, etc. Any of them could go for 30+ TDs, and paired with 2 good RBs should be a very good team. But it all depends on whats available at your pick.

Also depends on yardage points, A 4 pt passing TD league could have 25 yard passing, and 6 pt TD league might have 50 yards passing. That kinda balances it out. with the bonuses and stuff, maybe an elite Qb is a big advantage in your league. look at the previous year's scoring. QBs will probably be highest scoring, but see if there's a huge difference between the top 1-2 QBs and the 5-10 Qbs. If there isnt, then you can afford to wait.

• Like 1

Yeah, good input man. If everyone knew Peyton was gonna go over 5000 yards and 50 TD this year, then he definitely would go in the 1st for sure. I guess people don't think he can do it 2 years in a row?

6 pt passing TDs, yes, he should go very early. Brees and Rodgers too. Guys that could easily throw 40 TD passes are at a big premium in those leagues.

• Like 1

6 pt passing TDs, yes, he should go very early. Brees and Rodgers too. Guys that could easily throw 40 TD passes are at a big premium in those leagues.

At what cutoff on rb do you pull trigger on Peyton or Rodgers ? After the big 3 rbs? After Forte and Lacy the big 5?

• Like 1

Yes, the top guys should go early b/c they are that much better than everyone else... That being said, an early first rounder would be tough for me to use on an elite qb, I am hoping Brees or Rogers drops to me in the 2nd in that scenerio. I had 3rd pick in one draft already and took Charles, Brees, Julio, Jennings (nyg), rice so I was able to still get some rb depth. Touchdowns are only 4 pts but I think Payton and Brees want to show everyone they have the best offense so N.O. is about to score a sh!t ton. my next draft has qbs scoring 6 so I doubt they will drop much unfortunately

At what cutoff on rb do you pull trigger on Peyton or Rodgers ? After the big 3 rbs? After Forte and Lacy the big 5?

Yeah I would consider them after the big 5, before megaton too

Yeah I would consider them after the big 5, before megaton too

Not after Charles ADP and McCoy?

i still would wait. to me, the very best qb is already better than the rest and what we are analyzing is the additional competitive advantage gained.

if its 15 pass tds, we are talking 30 points over 16 games. this is say, manning vs matt ryan.

what 6pt pass tds also does is devalue running qbs. keep this in mind too, not by much, but still

i still would wait. to me, the very best qb is already better than the rest and what we are analyzing is the additional competitive advantage gained.

if its 15 pass tds, we are talking 30 points over 16 games. this is say, manning vs matt ryan.

what 6pt pass tds also does is devalue running qbs. keep this in mind too, not by much, but still

Yeah but thats 30 points on top of the already monumemtal advantage peyton had over everyone last year.

I just see a ton of WR TE and RB in the 10 to 13 TD range with next tier scoring around 8 and only 3 qbs in the 40 TD with next tier of qbs throwing near 30. I see huge advantage in qb.

• Like 1

Not after Charles ADP and McCoy?

Nah, forte and Lacy have too much value. You have to call the rbs 5 deep before thinking about a dif position.

If it's 6 pt TDs then I would say after AP, McCoy, Charles, forte, and lacy it should be manning, Brees and Rodgers. I see a slight reduction for manning this year with an increase for Brees and Rodgers. Brees has an easier schedule this year and Rodgers is going with an untempo offense.

How about in a league with no only 6pt TDs, but bonuses for the LENGTH of those TDs?

I gotta believe the top QBs go in the first round.

How about in a league with no only 6pt TDs, but bonuses for the LENGTH of those TDs?

I gotta believe the top QBs go in the first round.

Not necessarily. You want qbs who have a lot of vertical passes or guys that can make a big play from some passes. Peyton doesn't have a strong arm. Someone like cutler or Ryan would be good for that. Brees, Rodgers and manning will still be good though. If there's no 6 pt TDs then the top QBs will go late first, early second

Pick 6 is actually a sweet spot in redrafts. You either get one of the top 5 tier 1 RB's...or Peyton.

• Like 1

Pick 6 is actually a sweet spot in redrafts. You either get one of the top 5 tier 1 RB's...or Peyton.

Yep exactly!

I'm at 5 and I can't see how I don't take Peyton.

It all depends if it's a PPR league. This increases the value of those RBs (at least 3 of them) and WR1s (Calvin, Dez, Julio Jones, etc...). Drafting from the 7th-10th spot, you could hit WR/WR or WR/RB (Stacy/Bell/Vereen) then possibly snag Stafford in the 3rd or wait and stock up.

I mocked drafting from the 7th spot and hated most lineups where I took a QB early.

• Like 1