Sign in to follow this  
Moe Money

Josh Gordon back soon?!

Appearing on NBC's NFL Kickoff 2014, Profootballtalk's Mike Florio reported Josh Gordon and Wes Welker's suspensions could be reduced or "go away completely" if the NFL and NFLPA agree on a new drug policy.

Yeah this definately needs its own thread. This is going to get real interesting. Could be the biggest curveball in fantasy history!!!!

Yup heard he could be back even by week 1 even.

The Washington Post confirms it's "possible" Wes Welker and Josh Gordon could have their suspensions reduced or overturned as part of a new drug-testing agreement.

Reporter Mark Maske has confirmed Profootballtalk's report. The reduced or vanished penalties would be part of a pact that simultaneously allows HGH testing and raises the threshold for a positive marijuana test. Amphetamines would also be moved from the PED policy to substance-abuse policy. First time substance-abuse violations don't trigger automatic suspensions. NFL.com's Albert Breer has pegged Sunday as a "soft deadline" in the talks, so we could have a resolution shortly.

Yup, as soon as I heard that i picked him up in both of my leagues where he was available. I actually drafted him in one but then dropped him when they said he was done for the year and so ive used 2 of my 20 moves already dropping him and then picking him back up.

Who knows if it will pan out but with what he can do he is, again, worth the gamble.

But for the record, he is still an IDIOT!

I'd have to drop Cordarelle Patterson in a 2 WR 1 FLEX league, have Megatron, Julio, and Alshon already, should I do it!?

I'd have to drop Cordarelle Patterson in a 2 WR 1 FLEX league, have Megatron, Julio, and Alshon already, should I do it!?

No. I grabbed him in 2 of 3 leagues he was available -- in the third I've got Mega, Julio, and Andre. Plus only 4 bench positions. IMO you are too stocked to make the move at this point, which is how I feel.

No. I grabbed him in 2 of 3 leagues he was available -- in the third I've got Mega, Julio, and Andre. Plus only 4 bench positions. IMO you are too stocked to make the move at this point, which is how I feel.

I'm debating doing it b/c I'm stacked and only a healthy Gordon could possibly supplant the top 2 of Megatron, Julio, or Alshon.

The ruling is not retroactive and will not start to 2015. Who missed that fact?

It's not a ruling... It's a complete overhaul of the NFL drug policy and pretty much opens the door to anything that both sides agree on

The ruling is not retroactive and will not start to 2015. Who missed that fact?

Profootballtalk's Mike Florio and nfl.com's Albert Breer, among others. Do you know something they don't?

Doubt they'd just overturn suspensions like that. They'll probably be godfatherd in.

Godfathered in like my t-mobile t-zones plan!

What is godfathered in mean? I've heard of Grandfather clauses but not godfathered.

It involves offers that can't be refused.

• Like 1

Latest I read was that they are still far apart from a new deal, but if one is reached the lawyers for Josh and Welker will most definitely pursue reinstatement. Def holding onto Gordon until this is resolved.

Was just wondering how big of a deal it would be for players to allow testing for HGH? Might be what they're far apart on. I haven't seen a soap opera like this since Shaun Alexander came back at a snails pace from injury in 2006.

Got him in every league but 1. He went for 40% in that league. I'll regret not bidding it all on him if he comes back, but if he doesn't then I'll feel good with it.

Damn that was good!!!!