Sign in to follow this  
Bobbyn2022

Play your studs? Or play matchups?

So I'm having a hard time deciding on if I take my studs out Cutler @49ers and Torrey Smith vs Pitt and put in Locker vs Dallas and Hinter vs Dallas.

Do you take your studs out and play matchups or do you play your studs.

Depends on how much you like our starters .

So I'm having a hard time deciding on if I take my studs out Cutler @49ers and Torrey Smith vs Pitt and put in Locker vs Dallas and Hinter vs Dallas.

Do you take your studs out and play matchups or do you play your studs.

I'm not exactly sure if the above mentioned are "studs". Go with the matchup.

I'm not exactly sure if the above mentioned are "studs". Go with the matchup.

Cutler and Torrey Smith aren't matchup proof and it's debatable to call them studs.

Okay well on my team they are studs lol. I'm not sure if I should start cutler or locker...I'm also not sure if I should start Toreey or Hunter...obviously Toreey and cutler are better the locker and Hunter but locker and Hunter play Dallas. Cowboys def sucks right?

Okay well on my team they are studs lol. I'm not sure if I should start cutler or locker...I'm also not sure if I should start Toreey or Hunter...obviously Toreey and cutler are better the locker and Hunter but locker and Hunter play Dallas. Cowboys def sucks right?

Marshall and Jeffrey are both somewhat questionable for this week. Cutler hasnt shown that he can run trestman's system as well as McCown did last year, so id feel comfortable starting locker. Flip a coin for torrey/hunter

I really only try to avoid a few guys and teams. I try to avoid Patrick Peterson and also the Seahawks. Apart from that it's just football players vs football players, go with your best guys. Example, I benched Keenan Allen last week and I'm benching him again this week vs the hawks. But he's starting for me week 3 for sure.

Studs Studs Studs.

Be humble enough to recognize we don't know much about match ups. The so-called Gurus that get paid to do this fail more often than not.

However; when I say studs, I am talking about elite talent... Not, whether or not to start Ellington vs. Mathews. Then, and only then it is time to assess match ups.

So you're just looking for help?

It really depends. I have Matt Ryan, Peterson, Julio Jones, Jordie Nelson in a 12 teamer. I start them regardless the matchup or defense. You draft those guys in the early rounds because of their offense and targets especially in PPR. You start them regardless if healthy. My #2 RB is Rashard Jennings who is interchangeable with Freddie Jackson. Even though Freddie Jackson shares with Spiller, nobody runs more than Buffalo.

Sitting Cutler for Palmer.

Injured oline? Check

Injured receivers? Check

Playing a good Defense? I think so

On the Road? Check

Sitting Cutler for Palmer.

Injured oline? Check

Injured receivers? Check

Playing a good Defense? I think so

On the Road? Check

I may do the same.

I may do the same.

Palmer has been very good since middle of last season. i think he was undervalued including by me. I was annoyed I couldnt get Rivers or Wilson as QB2 but feeling happy with the Palmer pick after looking at it some more.