Sign in to follow this  
Cuse9

Peterson officially deactivated

Meh....pretty easy to tell someone to take the high road when it's not gonna cost you a cent.

If AD plays next week, there'll be boycotts and eventually lost sponsors. The NFL won't risk it.

Plus, how exactly is he earning a living when you advocate docking him heavily? Doubt the NFLPA is gonna have one of its own out there playing for nothing.

I do agree that AD and the NFL in general needs to get out in front of this and raise money/awareness.

He is making a living because I did not say take all of his money, just dock him heavily while still actually paying him, just far less.

It's a better story than dump him and walk away. If they are so concerned why not actually help him? Or is no one worried about them, iI thought this was a big probem? How is not having him involved in programs or supporting anti-violence helping anyone?

It's a very pathetic response, we should be shaming the NFL.

I think you may be right, it is up to the adult in charge to instill discipline on his kids in the form of his choice. Sticks, whips, chains, paddles, stones, mouths full of leaves, it's all out of love.

It turns rowdy kids into doctors and lawyers and good people.

Lol. Beat your kids to success!

I don't think people in this thread for the most part are arguing that parents who discipline their child by responsibly spanking (knowing limits, not doing so out of anger, etc...) are bad people. I think they are stating what Peterson did is child abuse. Serpent seems to think there is no limit and child abuse is a made up term from liberals.

He is making a living because I did not say take all of his money, just dock him heavily while still actually paying him, just far less.

It's a better story than dump him and walk away. If they are so concerned why not actually help him? Or is no one worried about them, iI thought this was a big probem? How is not having him involved in programs or supporting anti-violence helping anyone?

It's a very pathetic response, we should be shaming the NFL.

Dude just posted bond. Let's give him some time to get his legal issues squared away before putting him in front of a camera making PSAs. Plus, no one wants to see or hear from AD. Very bad juju with him right now. Stay low, get your own house in order before trying to help others. At some point he'll be involved in programs helping others and counseling helping himself.

As of now, AD is still under contract. So he's getting paid without risking a career threatening injury. Pretty reasonable actually.

And you wanna shame the NFL? Quit watching. Simple as that.

Lol. Beat your kids to success!

I don't think people in this thread for the most part are arguing that parents who discipline their child by responsibly spanking (knowing limits, not doing so out of anger, etc...) are bad people. I think they are stating what Peterson did is child abuse. Serpent seems to think there is no limit and child abuse is a made up term from liberals.

There is definitely a limit. But he's not being charged with child abuse, he is being charged with negligence/reckless risk of injury.

There are true cases of child abuse that will make your blood run cold. Children being maimed, denied food, burned, etc. There have been a number of those cases in NYC the past year, and around the world it happens all too often. You are ignorant to reality. Peterson went overboard and he knows he did, but the difference is he wasn't looking to hurt his kid and ultimately was only doing it to instill discipline.

I have yet to see a source on the scrotum bruises. That's liberal nonsense that was just invented. AP only stated the switch wrapped around and hit maybe once, that was obviously not his target. If someone shows me a source with facts I will relent, but all I've seen from the liberals in this thread is fantasy, name calling, and calls for violence towards me and AP. That's pathetic and it impresses nobody. That is the reason nobody takes liberals seriously, and why most of you liberals needed a good whooping when growing up, like the vast majority of successful people from my era.

There is definitely a limit. But he's not being charged with child abuse, he is being charged with negligence/reckless risk of injury.

There are true cases of child abuse that will make your blood run cold. Children being maimed, denied food, burned, etc. There have been a number of those cases in NYC the past year, and around the world it happens all too often. You are ignorant to reality. Peterson went overboard and he knows he did, but the difference is he wasn't looking to hurt his kid and ultimately was only doing it to instill discipline.

I have yet to see a source on the scrotum bruises. That's liberal nonsense that was just invented. AP only stated the switch wrapped around and hit maybe once, that was obviously not his target. If someone shows me a source with facts I will relent, but all I've seen from the liberals in this thread is fantasy, name calling, and calls for violence towards me and AP. That's pathetic and it impresses nobody. That is the reason nobody takes liberals seriously, and why most of you liberals needed a good whooping when growing up, like the vast majority of successful people from my era.

It's been reported multiple times. I'll wait as more facts come out, but that is what is being reported.

He knows he did? That's why he posted the tweet about God? That's the issue. He thinks what he did wasn't wrong.

Not looking to hurt the kid yet he has lacerations and bruises from neck down to leg. Yeah, he was just instilling discipline by beating him. I don't care what they charged him with. He abused his child. Call it what you want. And you think this was the first time???

I'm pretty sure you called me a shithead and told me to kill myself in the other thread. Pot meet kettle.

Dude just posted bond. Let's give him some time to get his legal issues squared away before putting him in front of a camera making PSAs. Plus, no one wants to see or hear from AD. Very bad juju with him right now. Stay low, get your own house in order before trying to help others. At some point he'll be involved in programs helping others and counseling helping himself.

As of now, AD is still under contract. So he's getting paid without risking a career threatening injury. Pretty reasonable actually.

And you wanna shame the NFL? Quit watching. Simple as that.

Why quit watching the NFL, then I would be no better than the itchy vaginas who stomp their feet the piss and moan about every players faults,

If they have a suck ass product then you stop watching, just because I disagree with their stupidity does not mean I deprive myself of a quality product. The NFL should be ashamed of itself, so too should the players unions across sports along with a host of other pitiful excuses of humanity.

You can still shame them, in social media and elsewhere.

Let's wait until the NFL focks this one up before we really get after them.

• Like 1

So it was reported that Minnesota was aware of this when it happened, yet AP was allowed to play...now that is has become public, they decide to suspend him form the team? B.S. They should get a major backlash from this if true.

Wait, what? How are they to blame? If I went to my employer and said "hey, I was charged with something over the summer but cleared off all charges in the court of law", they would have no right to suspend me. I'd be hitting them with wrongful dismissal pretty darned quickly. So they were aware that he was charged and cleared. How could they suspend him for that?

Taking it one step further, I just heard on the NFL Network that it could be a year before he sees a trail. Until then, isn't the rule "innocent until proven guilty in a court of law"? Goodell and the Vikings are going to have to be extremely careful about handing out punishment to someone that hasn't be tried in a court of law. Scratch that, that has already had the case thrown out of court once.

And before anyone gets the wrong idea of where I'm coming from ... I'm a father of two and I can't fathom ever using any sort of tool or implement to discipline my kids, even though my own father often used his belt on me. I don't get why people look for clarification about his boy being 4 years old vs 12 years old. Either way, in my mind it's just wrong.

My point here is by no means defending ADP ... I just don't see the league or team easily disciplining him before a trial takes place.

Wait, what? How are they to blame? If I went to my employer and said "hey, I was charged with something over the summer but cleared off all charges in the court of law", they would have no right to suspend me. I'd be hitting them with wrongful dismissal pretty darned quickly. So they were aware that he was charged and cleared. How could they suspend him for that?

Taking it one step further, I just heard on the NFL Network that it could be a year before he sees a trail. Until then, isn't the rule "innocent until proven guilty in a court of law"? Goodell and the Vikings are going to have to be extremely careful about handing out punishment to someone that hasn't be tried in a court of law. Scratch that, that has already had the case thrown out of court once.

And before anyone gets the wrong idea of where I'm coming from ... I'm a father of two and I can't fathom ever using any sort of tool or implement to discipline my kids, even though my own father often used his belt on me. I don't get why people look for clarification about his boy being 4 years old vs 12 years old. Either way, in my mind it's just wrong.

My point here is by no means defending ADP ... I just don't see the league or team easily disciplining him before a trial takes place.

I anticipate that even if cleared of charges that the NFL will want to appease the fanatics out there and will do something to him for appearances. These decisions are about money, nothing more.